It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Abortion - Free Will and Responsibility of Women, NOT Mankind

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by SearchLightsInc

Need is a strange way to put it, but my view is tough luck. No female reproductive organs? No baby.

Choice is mine, and if choose to keep it and he wanted nothing to do with the baby then fair enough - I wouldn't expect him to pay anything.

I agree with you.

Woman have had to deal with this forever.

When it came to pregnancy - inability to become pregnant - birth defects - sex of the child - etc - - - - until recently its always been the woman's fault.

If a man left a woman who was pregnant - - - it was the woman's fault for not picking the right man.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So for all the men out there who think they have a choice - - - if the woman doesn't give it to you - - YOU picked the wrong woman.

There are fathers out there who picked the right woman. A woman that went through the pregnancy and signed over the baby to the father.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 12:55 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 12:57 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 01:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Spoken like someone who sees through the fighting for equality BS. When it suits you, that is the battle cry, gets better results crying for equality, rather than telling the truth. Fighting for female domination. Where women have the upper hand, you are fighting for the status quo to stay. I never see the big feminists trying to do away with alimoney, gee I wonder why?

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 02:11 AM
link   
reply to post by SeekerofTruth101

No. Some one needs to stand up for the baby. If a woman aborted her baby for other than rape or medical reasons, she should be charged with murder.

If my mother aborted my fetus, well, I wouldn't be typing this right now. Why? Because she killed me.
edit on 5-11-2012 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL
reply to post by Annee

Spoken like someone who sees through the fighting for equality BS. When it suits you, that is the battle cry, gets better results crying for equality, rather than telling the truth. Fighting for female domination. Where women have the upper hand, you are fighting for the status quo to stay. I never see the big feminists trying to do away with alimoney, gee I wonder why?

When you post ignorance:

Originally posted by TKDRL
reply to post by Annee

See feminism isn't about equality, it's about angry women gaining the upper hand.

You don't deserve a real response.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   
If abortion should be a matter of free will, then whether I pay taxes or indeed all except crime, should also be a matter of free will, would you agree?
edit on 5-11-2012 by Skyfloating because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by milkyway12
reply to post by SeekerofTruth101

No. Some one needs to stand up for the baby. If a woman aborted her baby for other than rape or medical reasons, she should be charged with murder.

If my mother aborted my fetus, well, I wouldn't be typing this right now. Why? Because she killed me.]

What is your personal experience? Have you ever been in a situation that you felt the need to make this decision?

Are you male or female.

My experience:

1st pregnancy spontaneous abortion.
2nd pregnancy - healthy baby girl
3rd pregnancy - healthy baby girl
4th pregnancy - aborted

I am now 65 with 2 grown daughters and 3 grandchildren.

Would I have an abortion again - in the same circumstance? Absolutely!

You self-righteous holier-than-thous - - - - need to take care of your own "house" - - - its none of your damn business if a woman chooses to carry a fetus to term or not.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
If abortion should be a matter of free will, then whether I pay taxes or indeed all except crime, should also be a matter of free will, would you agree?

NO

Taxes are used for various reasons to support a country and its society.

I don't agree with everything taxes are used for. But everything is not about me.

edit on 5-11-2012 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Taxes are used for various reasons to support a country and its society.

I don't agree with everything taxes are used for. But everything is not about me.

I decide what I do with my money, which is the result of my work, you decide to do with your body. I think its reasonable for the Government not to intervene in our private affairs. You withhold a child from society because you choose to, I withhold my money from society because I choose to. Or not...sometimes I will give some to society, just like you will sometimes put children into society.

Dont tell me you only oppose Government intervention on abortion.
edit on 5-11-2012 by Skyfloating because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   

When it came to pregnancy - inability to become pregnant - birth defects - sex of the child - etc - - - - until recently its always been the woman's fault.

If a man left a woman who was pregnant - - - it was the woman's fault for not picking the right man.

So for all the men out there who think they have a choice - - - if the woman doesn't give it to you - - YOU picked the wrong woman.

There are fathers out there who picked the right woman. A woman that went through the pregnancy and signed over the baby to the father.

I would have to agree with you on this one, even though I am against abortion.

But I refuse to force my will on others. Yes it takes two to tango, but once preggers...It is a womens choice as it is her body that must carry the child.

I know though, that if my girlfriend had become pregnant and then told me that she had a abortion just because she didn't want it, I would be crushed and that would be the end of that relationship.

I know I would be a good Dad. Just haven't had the chance yet.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Thanks all for your replies.

Free will is a power given to us, and with power comes responsibilities.

There are many areas which there needs no laws - punishment upon individuals within societies. It is based purely upon one's rationalizing of situation through logic and reason. A simple example - littering. It is a free will, but should it be done?

Must certainly not, because if one litters, everyone else will do the same, and in time planet Earth will be piled up with rubbish hindering our movement to progress.

But still, are laws the answer? No they are not, for there still many who litter freely, expecting the govt to clean up, neglecting the fact that hiring such contractors brings costs that will drive up our taxes eventually, ensuffering all.

But if everyone within society can be responsible, and taught responsibilities, there need not be laws save for critical issues such murder, theft, adultry, etc - the 7 deadly sins that are the flaws of humanity, inherent is us despite time and education due to our barbaric origins.

Similarly, can human laws protect abortions?

No they can't, for there are illegal ways to obtain abortions, and more worse will be to impose upon our women not to abort even if she cannot cope without help or support from others-her family and society, which may lead to a loss of 2 precious lives - mother and child.

Mainstream religions - Judaism, Islam, Christianity, have a role to play to prevent abortion. Demanding a law to ban is not the answer. Might does not and had never worked before and not now. To believe so would be only to delude ourselves, or be misused by the greedy to divide and conquer us without solving the deeper underlying issues, resulting in only MORE abortions.

It is up to mainstream religious leaders rather to work on the hearts and minds of its congregation NOT to abort the child, as well as societies to get its act together to give families security and future to families to want to procreate.

Have faith - logic and reason rules the heart and minds of mankind. Compassion for the weak minded uplifts and progresses all, for not all will take advantage of kindness and forgiveness. Authoritarianism will only create more rebels, usually most of them without a cause other than to hate being told what to do. or being misused by others for different agendas.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex

I know though, that if my girlfriend had become pregnant and then told me that she had a abortion just because she didn't want it, I would be crushed and that would be the end of that relationship.

Like I've said before. Women were always blamed and told: "You picked the wrong man". It was not the man's fault - - it was the women's for making a bad decision.

Same thing applies. If your girlfriend became pregnant - - discussed it with you - - then gave you the choice to keep it after it was born. YOU picked the right woman. YOU made a good choice in women.

The woman who aborts a pregnancy is not responsible that you chose them to have sex with.

There are men today raising their babies - - - that the woman carried to term - - - then gave up rights to.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Like I said...I agree.

I'm very picky about the women I date.

If I end up living the life of a celibate, then so be it.

I'm not abandoning my standards.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
I withhold my money from society because I choose to.

You don't pay taxes? But - - you use roads - sewer systems - parks - etc.

So you believe in stealing. Taking something you don't pay for.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Thank you OP. I agree with your stance here.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

Like I said...I agree.

I'm very picky about the women I date.

If I end up living the life of a celibate, then so be it.

I'm not abandoning my standards.

Good for you.

BTW - - it was my husband's baby I aborted. We were in the beginning of a divorce. Very emotional times. It was one of those personal discussion cry fests that led to - - well you know. I was on birth control - - threw up my pill. Already had 2 children under 6. Had been a housewife with no work experience or education. He was jealous of his children.

Very few people know what kind of decision they will make until faced with it.

I do know I would have been pissed if I did not have this choice. Even if I chose differently.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

At least you can say you had a husband. Even if it did end in failure.

I've never had a wife, probably never will...but I'm ok with that, though sad at the same time. Know what I mean?

Who knows? It is what it is. ( I hate that saying...because it is so true.)

I may find my mate eventually, but I think I'm getting to old to have kids. I'm just enjoying life as it comes to me now.
edit on 5-11-2012 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Like I've said before. Women were always blamed and told: "You picked the wrong man".

Blamed by who? That sounds like something a mother would say.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bone75

Like I've said before. Women were always blamed and told: "You picked the wrong man".

Blamed by who? That sounds like something a mother would say.

Pretty much society as a whole.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join