It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Maybe I just don't get it!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   
I think that one day if it's meant to - it will just come to you. I was pretty atheist, and now consider my self anti-organized-religion. I don't pray to a god, or believe any 'books' (bible, koran, etc.)

I do know that energy runs through me. I know that I can astral project. I know that clearing my chakras regularly has helped me. I know that I have had paranormal as well as extra-terrestrial experiences.

I know that there has to be something else out there. I'm willing to try these 'new age' things to experience the wonder/fulfillment/enlightenment that follows.

To each their own.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 12:33 AM
link   
I would like to be frank with you. The Western World is experiencing many different forms of I-AM-ness spirituality. It most of which are being grossly misunderstood. This generation is getting dangerously lost in spiritual concepts, New age religion is rehashed eastern philosophy, sometimes mixed with Hindu cosmology,

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Hehehe...I guess "new age" means taking a different spin on the subject of age old spirituality and enlightenment. Why even bother to reinvent the wheel sort of ways. Not just that, according to Zen Buddhism, you can't even obtain enlightenment. It has to be transmitted via a guru or in some metaphysical way, ei dreams.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChiForce
Hehehe...I guess "new age" means taking a different spin on the subject of age old spirituality and enlightenment. Why even bother to reinvent the wheel sort of ways. Not just that, according to Zen Buddhism, you can't even obtain enlightenment. It has to be transmitted via a guru or in some metaphysical way, ei dreams.

The only REAL enlightenment, is when you discover that you already are what you were trying to become. That can't be transmitted by anyone except yourself. You're guru will not take you through the gates.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Visitor2012

Actually, it isn't so simple as a sheer will. Holding on this will your are clinging onto your ego. Yes, it comes from your physical self. However, it requires a consciousness outside of your own. This, I am afraid, has to be transmitted via a guru or in some metaphysical experiences. That's because this was how I experienced my first Kundalini energy raising or the Chi force when I was 18. I am in my 30s. I experienced it after waking up from a dream. What I was dreaming? I was dreaming about one of my past life ages ago. I was probably an enlightened Chi Kung master. I was and have always been enlightened, you can say that. This is certainly not the result of my sheer act of will power to become enlightened.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArtofWill
reply to post by DariusHames

My understanding of the purpose of New Age philosophies is simply to find oneness with everything, similar to just about every other religion/philosophy. The only real differences are some books and practices.

Either way, the goal is the same.

Agree with that. The goal is to find oneness with everything because these people have yet to feel a oneness with themselves. They can't just live on this planet and accept that it's all about family, work, and death. That's all there is to life.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   

You are missing something. I have not checked into this new age stuff so I do not know if what I am talking about is the same as them. Ever hear of something called the cosmic conciousness? It is a belief that all of human thought is mixed together and available to people. Some people are talking about this when they say when a time for a invention is here it will come. Throughout history whenever an invention of note has been made or a scientific discovery is made you will find that through out the world there are many who have made it at almost the same time. It is believed that only one of these people actually was the inventor but his mind projected what he thought to where others picked it up so it only appears that all of them had the same idea at the same time.

There is also a second thing that to me is almost more mystical yet people talk it about it lightly all the time. If you want to have good things happen to you just keep smiling and mean it. Some think that what you feel is projected on your envirement but I myself believe that your internal beliefs allow yourself and subconcious to see what is around you already in your envirement that will advance that belief. A person who is used to violence does not look around for the exits when he comes in knowingly, he just does it. He sees how someone is holding himself and moves away from that person without even thinking about it because his beliefs have become a automatic part of him. Sort of like the man who hears his boss mumbling about lunch and suggests they car pool and get some food. During lunch the boss mentions a problem and the guy gives him a answer. He is not kissing up but taking advantage of a oppurtunity. I may be explaining this wrong. Like I said this is old stuff to me and it may not be what you refer to as new age.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by ChiForce

Before enlightenment chop wood and carry water.
After enlightenment chop wood and carry water.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Jerk_Idiot

Or you chopped more wood and carried more water....

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by DariusHames
All this new age stuff is starting to irritate the hell outta me and I think, "maybe I just don't get it?"

Maybe I'm missing something?

maybee you're trying too hard to 'let the belief system do it for you' ...
screw blind faith man..
find things that have PRACTICAL APPLICATION.. things that have connections to science.

i would research gnosticism (link in my sig) ... and a pdf called "the occult anatomy of man" by manly p hall
also watch this... www.youtube.com...

you seem to be impatient and want something that changes your life immediately like ordering a burger an fries at a fast food place...
what are you waiting to happen from this new age stuff? some kind of "poof" you're enlightened thing??
and if it doesnt happen you berate it on a message board?
i'd take everything with a grain of salt.. calm down.. mature your thought process a bit.. have patience.. and READ alot and find what makes sense.

there's alot of important info deep within the hidden mystery schools (which is where new ageisms come from) ..
but it's only going to help you if you don't demand immediate results.

the end all final answer of course (spoiler alert) is sexual yoga.. white tantra.. sex without orgasm using the energy from sex to baptize your pineal gland by pulling it up the spine .. unlocking your kundalini and your endocrine system's secondary processes in opening your nerve ganglia chakras.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by prevenge

x2, but that took a few years to arrive for me and this person wishes evidence now, organise a couple of reiki sessions for yourself, maybe look for a 10 years or more reiki practitioner, another option may be doing a vipassana, will for you come down to experiencing i feel , lsol

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aianawa13

x2, but that took a few years to arrive for me and this person wishes evidence now, organise a couple of reiki sessions for yourself, maybe look for a 10 years or more reiki practitioner, another option may be doing a vipassana, will for you come down to experiencing i feel , lsol

does x2 mean times 2.. like you second that motion?

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   

If you were seeking inside and asking many questions you would be receiving some answers. Just observe your life and ask questions. And I'm not quite sure what all the things are you're talking about. It is all Spiritual. And its all about soul growth and overcoming soul weakness, ie love more, help others more, etc. Overcome our faults including apathy. And it can be said in religous ways, or in spiritual ways, and there are also traps in all ways laid by the elites. So its about Love. And seeking within, praying, asking, searching and not giving up ever. Thinking of others in your prayers and searches, thinking of others and praying for them. Trying to grow up more to help.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Yes times 2 and mainly cultivating sexual energy aspect of your post , lsol

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by DariusHames
reply to post by mysterioustranger

Yeah, but does any of it work? All these philosophies, religions and so forth.

But anyway, you seem like a smart guy, right? So I'm sure you get what I'm talking about

Nothing works. If you are lucky enough to realize this, then you perhaps might have a chance of so called enlightenment. All of the methods and philosophies lead to no where, which is a good thing. Because once you realize this, you can then come back to your true nature.

The western world is in the adolescent stage of spirituality. Thousands of years ago, it was discovered that there is no path to self realization. Millions of people and thousands of ignorant and manipulative teachers perpetuate the false notion of journeying to enlightenment, endlessly chasing your own tails. And most Americans have turned enlightenment into a smorgasbord of philosophy and intellectual concepts. In fact, siddhartha Buddha spoke of this in his teachings. But humanity is still in love with the journey.

In reality, you can not philosoph-ize your way to spiritual intelligence and enlightenment. Because enlightenment is a concept .. An idea formed by the very mind you are trying to transcend. If you are pursuing an idea of enlightenment , you will never succeed. Because all ideas and concepts are Maya. Maya is the eternal hamster wheel that snags 99 percent of spiritual "path'ers". This entire metaphysical forum, is a jumbled mess of interleaving philosophies, ideas and beliefs. All of which leads to nowhere. The sooner an individual realizes this, the better the chance of him returning to his true original nature......which is the original definition of enlightenment.

Enlightenment is not what you think it is.....it's far better. And there is no path towards it. Instead, all intelligently designed paths should lead you to the realization that all paths are illusions of the mind....Maya.

edit on 10-11-2012 by Visitor2012 because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-11-2012 by Visitor2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jerk_Idiot
reply to post by ChiForce

Before enlightenment chop wood and carry water.
After enlightenment chop wood and carry water.

Before enlightenment chop wood and carry water
Trying to become enlightened, act holy, smart and confuse others
After enlightenment, chop wood and carry water.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join