It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House press secretary, "Obama Has Not Participated in the Investigation' of Benghazi"

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by elouina

Agreed, but the video backs up her claim, correct?
next.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   
And if Obama was participating, the right wing would be crying foul.

Obama can't please some of you, nor should he try.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by MsAphrodite
reply to post by elouina

next.

Yes it does backup her claim. And it is something that has been blatantly obvious to me, and I am certain others all along. CNN is propaganda. So even if this is 100% true, is CNN beyond reproach just like Obama? Doesn't this remind you of Russia with their communist leader and Pravda? The two go hand in hand. Is this what has become of the US? This is rather scary.

edit on 2-11-2012 by elouina because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by shaneslaughta
reply to post by LeatherNLace

It was a metaphorical boot.

A metaphor for what? When you metaphorically say "if he was any kind of leader he would be putting an American boot up someones ass." what do you really mean? Drop the metaphors and say it.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Of course he isn't personally involved in this investigation, what are people thinking? It must be desperation, as time is ticking.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spinoza73
Of course he isn't personally involved in this investigation, what are people thinking? It must be desperation, as time is ticking.

So you are saying that the person who knows the most about this (Obama) shouldn't have to answer questions asked of him? And should be able to totally detach himself from the situation? The only other person I know that could get away with this is a dictator. Since he is beyond reproach.

Say the police is investigating the theft of items from your home. If the suspect refuses to participate in the investigation, this is considered "taking the fifth". How is Obamas silence, thus "non participation" any different?

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by LeatherNLace

Originally posted by shaneslaughta
He should be looking into it. Americans Died! if he was any kind of leader he would be putting an American boot up someones ass.

Obama's title is Commander in Chief; not Investigator in Chief. Obama has several alphabet agencies that he is in command of. Those agencies are the one's tasked with the investigation; not the executive branch. Obama has ordered an investigation and, so far as I know, that investigation is ongoing. When the investigation is complete, then it will go public and we shall get our answers. Until the investigation is complete, then Obama doesn't know whose rear to put a boot up. I applaud the thorough investigation! I much prefer it to some reactionary like George Bush who conducted zero investigation into 9/11/2001 before committing our troops to an illegal, unaffordable and unwinnable war. I just don't understand this "shoot first and ask questions later" mentality.

When its an investigation into his response as commander and chief the lest he could do is answer some questions he hasn't. I love how his supporters twist simple logic into a stupid request. They are not literally asking him personally to hunt down the people responsible flying over to Libya and busting down doors. The investigation is about what happened and who is at fault for not issuing backup. Given the evidence that he had prior knowledge of request made and a freaken drone overhead watching it go down. A request to protect them had to have been made to his administration considering it was in a different country so the inaction on him.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Can anyone explain why the outrage over the Drone portion of this whole incident? I agree answers need to be acquired, but at the time, getting a drone overhead was probably about all they could do.

Would the Right have preferred that the Drone not be placed up there to get a better look, at all? Keep in mind it didn't arrive until well into the attack.

As for the investigation, well what role should he be playing in it, this very moment?

Four Americans were killed there, then. Tragic it is.
How many have died or been displaced stateside, this week, due to Sandy?
I'd say he has his plate full.

From my perspective, I see a lot of straw grasping from the right.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Looks like this issue is being addressed for the election, as it should. Bravo!

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by elouina

Yeah it's huge. Not really. Like LeatherNLace said... I don't think he is supposed to participate in the investigation in the first place. Aren't people trying to determine among other things if there was any wrong doing on his part? Why would he participate? This would be like Nixon taking an active part in the Watergate investigation.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by elouina

Originally posted by MsAphrodite
reply to post by elouina

next.

Yes it does backup her claim. And it is something that has been blatantly obvious to me, and I am certain others all along. CNN is propaganda. So even if this is 100% true, is CNN beyond reproach just like Obama? Doesn't this remind you of Russia with their communist leader and Pravda? The two go hand in hand. Is this what has become of the US? This is rather scary.

On 9/11 all air traffic was grounded except one plane GWB ordered to whisk the bin Ladens out of the country and yet no one questioned the man. Communism? His grandfather aided and abetted the Nazi party. I suppose technically we were as close to Nazi Germany as we could get with he and his daddy in office. Never a peep out of anyone. Now Obama is a Communist from Kenya and any news station that doesn't keep up that story is drinking the kool aid spilling out propaganda. Real original.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by newcovenant

Wow that is quite the conspiracy.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 06:23 AM
link   
reply to post by elouina

Why would he personally investigate this matter? He is a chief executive. He delegates authority. Besides which, as I understand it, the investigation is being conducted by the State Department, so it seems HRC would be more likely to be involved, but perhaps even she is delegating that.

Please provide a citation/link to where Obama said "I will investigate" this matter. If anything, he might have said "we", meaning his administration; more likely, he just said that an investigation would be conducted.

Given that you Obama-hating conspiracists think he was personally responsible for any misdeeds in the Benghazi matter, why would you want him to be in charge of the investigation? If he were to conduct it personally you folks would be crying "foul" even worse.

And you really expect him micromanage everything the US government does? Are you freak'n serious? But you make this ridiculous post in attempt to disparage him. You and your right-wing, Teabaggin' fellow travelers just can't stop yourselves from making more and ludicrous thread based on NADA. It would be funny if it weren't so pathetic and indicative of the psychosis a large part of America is in thanks to the brainwashing of the right-wing media.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 06:30 AM
link   

What's a conspiracy? That GWB allowed members of the Bin Laden family as well as members of the Saudi royal family to take a plane on 9/11 to avoid being questioned by the FBI or that GWB's grand daddy financed the Third Reich? Both are historical facts. Shows what you know of reality.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Spinoza73

So you are saying that the person who knows the most about this (Obama) shouldn't have to answer questions asked of him? And should be able to totally detach himself from the situation? The only other person I know that could get away with this is a dictator. Since he is beyond reproach.

Say the police is investigating the theft of items from your home. If the suspect refuses to participate in the investigation, this is considered "taking the fifth". How is Obamas silence, thus "non participation" any different?

What a densosaurus you are. First, someone being questioned/investigated is not the investigator, but you are yammering about the fact that Obama isn't conducting the investigation. As for the investigation, YOU are claiming that Obama knows more about it than anyone else. Why exactly is this? You don't think the head of the CIA, the Pentagon or the State Department might know more, and that only lower-level persons than even these were actually involved in the decision making during this attack?

Again, how do you know Obama knows more than anybody else about this? Chances are everything he knows is second hand, i.e. hearsay. Generally in conducting investigations one wants to interview witnesses -- that is, people who were actually involved in the matter. Perhaps Obama was consulted that night, but who knows? You are acting as if that is a definite fact, which is anything but the case.

I realize you want Obama to be found guilty of treason, murder or at least incompetence before the election. Too bad. First off, investigations take longer than that, and second: this affair is a tempest in a teapot and the Obama haters are just trying to make an unfortunate event into an indictment of him and his administration. Given the likely scenarios, this just isn't going to turn out to be the case. So go back to your interwebs and look for a better, less outlandish conspiracy or scandal involving Obama because this dog don't hunt.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by 11235813213455

Obama does have a long history of shooting first and aiming later so I guess you couldn't blame him for taking the easy way out right before an election.

I thought that Dick Cheney was the one with a history of doing that -- while drunk no less.

Please, give us less enlightened individuals examples of when Obama did what you claim I can only think of one -- can't remember her name -- whom that Breitbart wannabee blackballed with an out-of-context video clip of a speech of hers.

But what does shooting first and aiming later have to do with this Benghazi incident anyway? You like to throw out your rhetorical flourishes but they don't have a lot of relevance. Ought to work on that, chief.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by DOLCOTT
reply to post by LeatherNLace

He is the CIC he should have been in front of this incident and he should be honest with the public on what has happened. If this GWB at the helm all hell would be breaking loose. Obama is an embarassment to the American people and an object failure as a leader of our military.

He words in NJ " We will leave no one behind" funny how we let 4 brave americans perish in LIBYA, the didn't get left behind, they got left for dead.

Uhhhhhh....GWB was "in charge" on the original 9/11. Was there a firestorm of criticism of how he mishandled US security and ignored terrorist attack warnings -- within days of the incident, no less? NO. Your bringing up GWB's name for comparison's sake is so beyond the pale, because of the far worse incompetency (or worse) that he was guilty of, that your comment would be uproariously funny if it weren't so pathetic for displaying your MASSIVE COGNITIVE DISSONANCE.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 07:17 AM
link   

reply to post by MsAphrodite

Myself, I would like to see this Amber Lyon business announced on some better sources. But if this is correct, then what I have been saying all along is right. CNN is the US version of Pravda.

To quote myself from another thread Link to thread,

What bothered me the most and contributed to my involvement was how CNN was handling this Benghazi business. They are a major news source and it just seems like they have something to gain by not being honest with the public. I can feel it, can you?

And FOX news, the acknowledge cable and broadcast wing of the Republican party has nothing to gain by bashing Obama???????????????????????????????????

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 07:28 AM
link   

It sounds like one doesn't it? It is the truth though and if you'd like I will find the details for you.

TRUTH

How Bush's grandfather helped Hitler's rise to power
www.guardian.co.uk...

George Bush's grandfather, the late US senator Prescott Bush, was a director and shareholder of companies that profited from their involvement with the financial backers of Nazi Germany.

His business dealings, which continued until his company's assets were seized in 1942 under the Trading with the Enemy Act, has led more than 60 years later to a civil action for damages being brought in Germany against the Bush family by two former slave labourers at Auschwitz and to a hum of pre-election controversy. The evidence has also prompted one former US Nazi war crimes prosecutor to argue that the late senator's action should have been grounds for prosecution for giving aid and comfort to the enemy.

White House Approved Departure of Saudis After Sept. 11, Ex-Aide Says
www.nytimes.com...

Top White House officials personally approved the evacuation of dozens of influential Saudis, including relatives of Osama bin Laden, from the United States in the days after the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks when most flights were still grounded, a former White House adviser said today. The adviser, Richard Clarke, who ran the White House crisis team after the attacks but has since left the Bush administration, said he agreed to the extraordinary plan because the Federal Bureau of Investigation assured him that the departing Saudis were not linked to terrorism. The White House feared that the Saudis could face "retribution" for the hijackings if they remained in the United States, Mr. Clarke said.

Bin Laden Family Evacuated
www.cbsnews.com...

Two dozen members of Osama bin Laden's family were urgently evacuated from the United States in the first days following the terrorist attacks on New York and Washington, according to the Saudi ambassador to Washington. One of bin Laden's brothers frantically called the Saudi Arabian Embassy in Washington looking for protection, Prince Bandar bin Sultan told The New York Times. The brother was sent to a room in the Watergate Hotel and was told not to open the door. Most of bin Laden's relatives were attending high school and college. The young members of the bin Laden family were driven or flown under FBI supervision to a secret place in Texas and then to Washington, The Times reported Sunday. Many were terrified, fearing they would be lynched after hearing reports of violence against Muslims and Arab-Americans.

edit on 3-11-2012 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by elouina

What exactly is he supposed to be doing regarding this investingation? Do you expect him to go and interview witnesses and takes statements? What exactly would his part in the investigation be ? He's not a witness. This is so far biased against Obama and why?

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join