It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Excellent BBC program... Voyager, to the final frontier. The complete story of the Voyager missions.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 06:57 AM
link   
With so much in the news about the Voyager missions at the moment I tought it to be prudent to point people towards this program which explains in detail the Voyager missions.... very interesting watch...

Onr of the best programs I have seen in a long time... inspiring!

Enjoy.

www.bbc.co.uk...

PA.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Cheers for that! sitting here looking for something to watch on topdocumentaryfilms.com... watched everything on there!

1 day left to watch this away to watch it now!

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by PerfectAnomoly

Sounds good.
It's on tomorrow night at 10:45pm but on bbc hd... Gutted.. No HD for E.

I'll catch it on the iplayer instead.

Thanks for the link PA.

eta: It's on next Saturday.
Is there one on tomorrow?
Man i'm confused today.
Still in space from last night.

edit on 2-11-2012 by SilentE because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 08:05 AM
link   

edit on 2-11-2012 by SilentE because: double the fun

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by roughycannon

Enjoy.. let me know what you think when you've watched it!!??

PA

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Just finished great doc some pretty cool things in there.

I didn't realise that it was Carl Sagan's idea to put the "golden record" on the space craft and that it was really a publicity stunt to get funding for the program...

Also at the end is say's that the golden records might even still exist out there even after our planet has gone!

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by roughycannon

I was fascinated by the original calculations and how they overcame the 3 body theory... that guy sat putting all those trajectories on to that graph paper.. what a legend... and what an outcome... small window though!

What a feat of engineering though to create these 2 units that are still operating today after the extremes of conditions that they have traveled through...... to be able to use the other planets gravity to reach further and further into the solar system... genius!

PA

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Wow, thank you for the link, I really enjoyed watching it. It was kinda sad to hear how they will have to shut its systems down one by one in order to conserve power for communication.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Currently BBC iPlayer TV programmes are available to play in the UK only, but all BBC iPlayer Radio programmes are available to you.

Bummer.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

SD: eztv.it...

HD: eztv.it...

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Cheers for the extra links - great documentary and still amazes me today to think that it's survived so long.
I hope a future generation looks back on the achievements made by that team and dream a dream to pay it a visit. A photo of Voyager in flight but would an honorable gesture.

top topics

join