It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why I am voting for Obama

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Echo3Foxtrot
reply to post by Annee

Yeah, all us veterans are idiots. We don't know how to think for ourselves.

Individuals are individuals.

The military is made up of individuals.

If you think I'm gonna say everyone in the military is smart - - - just because they're in the military - - - you're wrong.

Military Veteran - - - does not qualify anyone's intelligence.

Using that as your moniker - - - doesn't qualify you - - - any more then a person claiming some other profession.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 12:55 AM
link   
"Why I am voiting for Obama"

Because you didn't believe Einstein when he said the definition of insanity was "Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result"?

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 01:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Annee

You took one part of my post and missed my meaning. It seemed like you have an axe to grind with the military. I understand the point you were trying to make, being a veteran absolutely does not make you any smarter, better, more qualified, or more informed than anyone else. But the way you went about saying that was not very clear, and honestly, kind of offensive. But that's just my feelings and opinion.

And I would appreciate if you could weigh in on the rest of my post that I took the time write instead of picking out one part to make me look like the bad guy.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 01:20 AM
link   

reply to post by Annee

You took one part of my post and missed my meaning. It seemed like you have an axe to grind with the military. I understand the point you were trying to make, being a veteran absolutely does not make you any smarter, better, more qualified, or more informed than anyone else. But the way you went about saying that was not very clear, and honestly, kind of offensive. But that's just my feelings and opinion.

And I would appreciate if you could weigh in on the rest of my post that I took the time write instead of picking out one part to make me look like the bad guy.

You are hoping for and expecting something that will never happen. Obama supporters do not debate with facts, or logic. Obama supporters debate simply with emotion.

Asking what you are asking is like asking a zebra to have spots instead of stripes - it won't happen... it isn't natural for them.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by On7a7higher7plane
reply to post by six67seven

Without the liquidity the bailouts provided the economy would have continued to deteriorate well into 2010 I expect.

The bailouts may have been to save face on the part of the establishment (as well as easy money (billions opon billions)), but it was effective nonetheless. Some of that success can be attributed to Obama. The way he dealt with one of the biggest economic crisis' in the century was satisfactory in my opinion, there are many ways the economy could have been led into a systematic collapse - I presume.

What a refreshing experience it is, to finally witness someone with a functioning brain here on ATS. Thanks.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 03:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Tazkven

Awesome!

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT when I see logical common sense at work! I hate the morons who pollute ATS and the internet in general with anti Obama rhetoric only because they are as stupid as their crackhead parents!

I respect other's opinions and I believe in the right to choose whoever you want. But instead of promoting Romney these idiots spread lies and baseless arguments in their sad pathetic hopes of swaying some other voters. I'd respect them more if they presented some good stuff but most just post complete bull#!

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 04:10 AM
link   
reply to post by CAMale

I love it how many Obama fans have polluted ATS starting around the end of 2011 until now... You think maybe it has something to do with the Obama administration saying they need to infiltrate some of their agents into websites like this one to TRY to "dispell the facts about their messiah Obama"?...

In a rare public appearance, The Obama Administration’s Information Czar Cass Sunstein gave a lecture at the NYU Law School in NYC yesterday, prompting Luke Rudkowski of WeAreChange to attend. Watch as Luke confronts Sunstein multiple times on an academic paper he co-authored back in 2008 entitled Conspiracy Theories in which he called for cognitive infiltration of conspiracy groups by the government.

www.canadafreepress.com...

Not to mention that like always the Obama fans ignore the facts and make up lies about their messiah...

RON PAUL FOR 2012!!!!!

edit on 4-11-2012 by ElectricUniverse because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 04:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem

What a refreshing experience it is, to finally witness someone with a functioning brain here on ATS. Thanks.

I guess we can rule you out then...

Like always, one liners, and not one ounce of fact from the Obama fans...

Oh and btw, in case you all forget BUSH was the one to call first for the bailouts, and he started the process before Obama got in office...

9 P.M.
Bush Calls Bailout Vital to Economy, Will Meet With McCain and Obama

By Lori Montgomery and Paul Kane
Washington Post Staff Writers
Thursday, September 25, 2008

President Bush said yesterday that the credit crisis that has seized world markets could devastate the U.S. economy unless Congress acts quickly to approve a $700 billion bailout plan for the nation's financial system, a message aimed at reluctant lawmakers as much as a deeply skeptical public.

www.washingtonpost.com...

It seems that most leftwingers have the memory of an elephant...

But we all know what leftwingers would have said and done if it was Bush the one to implement all the bailouts instead of their messiah...

Another fact, all they have done is postpone the inevitable... You think they solved the problem by giving billions of dollars to ceos, and printing more paper money?... All this did was to cause inflation, and when the economic crash comes, which it will come, it will be 1,000 times worse because of the bailouts, and the neverending printing of paper money...

None of you know jack about economics, it is too obvious...

edit on 4-11-2012 by ElectricUniverse because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 05:33 AM
link   
reply to post by ElectricUniverse

My only issue with Ron Paul is that he is Anti Union, other then that I like a lot of what he says but how could I vote for someone who is against how I make my living ?

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 05:45 AM
link   
I have spent most of my life in the US Armed Forces, I joined at age 17. Through the many years till I was medically retired, I served many Presidents. Never did I question a political matter. I was discharged shortly before my Team was deployed to Afghanistan in the weeks after 9/11. I was left with a great deal of guilt as I was the Team medic and I feared for my fellow comrade's lives. I guess some might refer it to "Survivor's Guilt" - I lost many friends over the years we have been at war, both in Afghanistan, Iraq and other hot spots around the globe.

I have seen a lot. I have never registered myself politically with any particular party and have voted as long as I can remember, it seemed that I usually voted blindly to be blunt. I had a hard time with President Bush Jr. but it passed, because it did not seem my Veteran's benefits were at stake and also whomever I voted for seemed to be the lesser of the evils. For that I am sorry, as in self regret.

But now, with my current received benefits, I feel I do not deserve them, I live with too much guilt, but not enough that my wrecked body could have helped me stay on active duty. At any rate, I am a 47% American Patriot. I fear that Mitt Romney will go as far as deciding what we as Disabled Veterans are allowed. If it is shown that cuts will be made across the board and I am really a blood sucking American to be banished because I rely on Government funding to support my family, what does that say to other Veterans? I fear my Social Security will disappear, wars will once again start and a division in the United States of America will ensue. This does not even begin to cover the tip of the iceberg, as there are many other issues at hand other then my own self reliance.

What I heard locally where I live scares the heck out of me, this is not paranoia or conspiracy that drives me. What I fear are words spoken in front of me. Where I currently live almost everyone supports Mitt Romney. Though they do not know anything about my vote one way or another, I was like a "fly on the wall" - Hearing several people note murderous intent and racial slurs about President Obama sent chills down my spine. It was if I stood unnoticed at a KKK rally. One person mentioned that to "get rid of Obama" they should receive a Medal of Honor and relegated as a Hero. I am not making this up to stir trouble, especially since this is my first post. I spoke with my wife and she somewhat believed this, because all over town there are anti President Obama signs, people all take for granted that everyone locally have the same feelings.

I fear divided as Americans, Veterans or just people trying to scrape by, that all hope will be lost. I see people who can barely pay rent, or afford much, praise Mitt Romney. It is like I live in a vacuum of intolerance. As if the majority here are mostly obsessed with race and change, no matter the cost. I am tolerant of quite a lot, for being in the Armed Forces teaches a bit of compassion and understanding, especially when dealing with foreign nationals goes along ways, always trying to win the hearts and minds. But never have I heard people, citizens within my own country speak such terrorizing comments, even if they were just the "Good Ole Boys" B.S.-ing... It just makes me feel that most who oppose President Obama do not really know why and fear mongering ends up being the sole enabler of which proclaims a winner.

My utmost apologies if I have offended anyone and shall I be flamed, or turned upon, I am convinced that I did my best and when my time comes, I will be judged by what matters the most.

My God Bless the United States of America

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 07:24 AM
link   

U.S. Growth is better than all major Western powers
reply to post by Tazkven

Not anymore, as those charts are almost a year out of date.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Good for you! Taking part in a system that, while flawed, is still the best that mankind has yet to offer the world!
reply to post by beezzer

Very flawed, and "the best mankind has yet to offer"? The most atrocious lobbying in the Western world, and the head of state and the head of government being the same person. That's a mess, not "the best".

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   

reply to post by Annee

You took one part of my post and missed my meaning. It seemed like you have an axe to grind with the military.

Not at all.

Belonging to a group - - ANY GROUP - - does not automatically give you intelligence - - thinking power - - applied intelligence.

Isn't it just as offensive to imply that non-military have less value - - less intelligence - - less thinking power - - less ability to apply intelligence.

Everyone's experiences in life affects how they think and see the world.

I used to own a business in a military town. I came in contact with many military personnel - - - who are mostly young kids. The military is a propaganda machine. These kids (and adults) all talked alike - - all thought alike.

I prefer independent thinkers that have had many varied experiences in life.

Again - - I am not against the military at all. But it is what it is.

Although - - I would prefer a more positive mind set - - - such as International Peacekeepers.

edit on 4-11-2012 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by elitegamer23
reply to post by Xtrozero

was Obama handed a recession/ near depression from Clinton as well?
if i recall, america was losing over 500,000 jobs a month when bush left office.

i have a daugher and three nieces , ROMNEY AND THE GOP are not for me!

If you noticed recessions come and go all the time for either party, and if the President doesn't handle it right it can turn into a depression, so YES you are right we almost went from a recession to a depression under Obama.

I find it funny that you say you have a daughter and three nieces and it seems you don't care about Obama pushing us to 16 trillion and most likely 20 trillion in four more years. A family that made 50k in 2008 needs 70k+ today for the same buying power and in four years they will need 90k+ for the same buying power. THAT is what your child and nieces have to look forward to in four years under Obama...enjoy

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProjectNine

But now, with my current received benefits, I feel I do not deserve them, I live with too much guilt, but not enough that my wrecked body could have helped me stay on active duty. At any rate, I am a 47% American Patriot. I fear that Mitt Romney will go as far as deciding what we as Disabled Veterans are allowed. If it is shown that cuts will be made across the board and I am really a blood sucking American to be banished because I rely on Government funding to support my family, what does that say to other Veterans? I fear my Social Security will disappear, wars will once again start and a division in the United States of America will ensue. This does not even begin to cover the tip of the iceberg, as there are many other issues at hand other then my own self reliance.

You know when someone...anyone... does 100s if not 1000s of speeches they mess up. Biden does it every other speech as example...hehe

Romney messed up with his now famous 47%. What he was saying was right, but the percent was wrong. Have you actually listen to the whole thing as to what he was talking about? When he missed spoke the 47% he was not suggesting retirees, military or anyone else who were hard working and are now not paying the taxes as they once were, or even those who cannot work and need a life time of help due to disabilities.

If you think your benefits will be cut under him then I think you have not really looked into the man other than the spin from the far left that can't say a single good thing about Obama so they flood falsehoods and ride something missed spoken one time all the way until Nov 6th.

BTW I did 28 years in the military...

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by ElectricUniverse

Originally posted by buddhasystem

I guess we can rule you out then...

Like always, one liners, and not one ounce of fact from the Obama fans...

Oh and btw, in case you all forget BUSH was the one to call first for the bailouts, and he started the process before Obama got in office...

Umm, you pass a negative judgement on my mental capacity, while posting ad homs and red herring all in one place.

Bush may have called for bailouts. So what? It doesn't prevent the GOP from attacking Obama for doing same, showing what kind of hypocrites they are. Hey, Romney never denounced Bush for that, for whatever reasons.

And no, I'm not a fan of Obama, I just need to vote against Romney. Obama did OK, barely. Romney? Sheesh.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Okay, I get it, you don't mind the military, just the stigma you see on them.

But I was never saying that because I'm in the military that I'm any smarter. You might have missed that part in my original post. You like taking one line and ignoring the rest.

Once again, I would like to ask you to read my posts and weigh in on what I've said. If you have nothing to say, then I'm done here.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Tazkven

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer
reply to post by Tazkven

I don't disagree, they are basically just different sides of the same coin.

Whether people want to acknowledge it or not one of these two will win, even if you vote for neither one your still helping one or the other.

Four years ago I did not vote for Obama, this time I will besides the reasons I posted in the OP, I believe the 99% will be worse off with Romney in office.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

Okay, I get it, you don't mind the military, just the stigma you see on them.

NO - - I'm not saying that at all.

Stop trying to interpret and read exactly what it says.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join