It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama and Romney are essentially good men

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 03:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by watchitburn
The only reason people get into politics is because it is profitable. .

Where do you (and millions of others) get the idea that is the only reason? I thought about going into politics once long ago and my reason for thinking about it was to make a positive contribution.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 03:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
They both are representing corporations and selling real human beings and murdering children overseas as well.

So tell me please:

1. Which children have Obama/Romney murdered?

2. Which corporations do they represent?

My guess is you cant express a single name because you are speaking in false generalities.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 03:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by JeZeus

Yeah ,you do that , just remember that America is a pathetic excuse for a country - fake money - fake politicians - and fake people.

Which countries would you prefer?

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 03:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
reply to post by Skyfloating

I imagine Romney winning. I also imagine people keeping his feet to the fire the same as Obama was held to.

I do vow to keep the same cynical approach to Romney and pay caution to what he says vs. what he does.

This post is an example of how one can favor a candidate without threatening homicide or suicide regarding another candidate.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 03:55 AM
link   
Another troublesome aspect of all of this is how damn seriously the elections are taken, as if it were a matter of life and death. But if you look at the elections of the last 40 years you can clearly see that whoever was elected only brought a minor shift in the overall condition of the country. The biggest shifts were brought about by other factors than who happened to be President. The Hurricane was brought on by nature. The computer revolution was brought on by Bill Gates and Steve Jobs. Politicians impact is not quite as big as its made out to be.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 07:29 AM
link   
The majority of posters on ATS say that we are sheeple who have been brainwashed into believing these are good men...but if that were true, then the majority would believe they are good men. Id like to suggest that instead we have been brainwashed into believing they both or at least one of them are bad men, since that is what most of you believe.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Are you a moron? Both of these treasonous scumbags, have agendas that sacrifice the American populace for the benefit of TPTB. Good men may start out in politics but no one remains a good man for long in the cesspool that is political life. Stand in front of the mirror and slap your face until you realize that politicians are the minions of the psychopatic/sociopathic monsters that control this planet. There are no good guys in politics, just bought and sold out guys.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Are you a moron? Both of these treasonous scumbags, have agendas that sacrifice the American populace for the benefit of TPTB. Good men may start out in politics but no one remains a good man for long in the cesspool that is political life. Stand in front of the mirror and slap your face until you realize that politicians are the minions of the psychopatic/sociopathic monsters that control this planet. There are no good guys in politics, just bought and sold out guys.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Obama and Rommely seem reasonable as politicians go. If there is any real flaw in the US political system i dont believe its fair ro lay the blame on the political leaders. The voters are more to blame.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by AthlonSavage

Obama and Rommely seem reasonable as politicians go. If there is any real flaw in the US political system i dont believe its fair ro lay the blame on the political leaders. The voters are more to blame.

Rommely? You sure?

Considering what happened in Libya, this is funny...
could be an adjective for Obama: "Obama was rommely this year, then some freedom-fighters montegomerized his little cia outpost - scratch that - embassy"

Those would be some headlines...

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating

Originally posted by Unity_99
They both are representing corporations and selling real human beings and murdering children overseas as well.

So tell me please:

1. Which children have Obama/Romney murdered?

2. Which corporations do they represent?

My guess is you cant express a single name because you are speaking in false generalities.

You need names? The name of every child killed in Iraq, Libya, Palestine, Syria, Pakistan....? Wow. Sometimes the truth isn't "out there" sometimes it's right in your face, if you still can't see it, there's really nothing I or anyone else can say or do that can help you.

And which corporations do they represent? All of them. Corporations have more rights than people, Corporations are protected, people are not.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Obama started off as a good man in his life as a community organizer right out of Harvard, when he could have chosen a high paying career. Then as a civil rights lawyer.....I don't know what happened to him though, power corrupts.

Mitt Romney always seems to have been a jerk, dressing up like a cop and pulling people over (creepy), abusing his dog, and his profession at Bain.

edit on 2-11-2012 by 3chainz because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Indeed... I mean Romney, when he's away from the crazy world of politics is a lovely man.

I mean, who doesn't strap their dog to the roof for a 12 hour ride.... who isn't listed on animal cruelty registries?

Without even starting in on his "Leave the rich alone" ideas and policies... that alone is enough to show me the kind of "good man" that Romney is.

The guy is a prick

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by watchitburn
The only reason people get into politics is because it is profitable. .

Where do you (and millions of others) get the idea that is the only reason? I thought about going into politics once long ago and my reason for thinking about it was to make a positive contribution.

Good for you Sky!

I'm running for a village counsel seat and I'm gonna milk that preferential treatment I get for all it's worth; I spent a fair amount of green on this campaign and I expect a fair return. Why lie!

I expect Obama and Romney feel the same way I do. That POTUS gig will and does pay off quite handsomely and to think those guys didn't factor this into the equation is naive. I wouldn't trust either one of them.

Even small town local politics is so corrupted with money, favors and external benefits; it's astonishing. I didn't make the rules of the political game and it's consequences but it's not hard for anyone with just a little bit of awareness to read the real rules between the lines of the official dictates.

Obama and Romney are not the face they present to the public and media!

One game playing realist at your service.....

edit on 2-11-2012 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Some people say that Obama hasn't come through with a lot of his promises, but is that because he couldn't get them passed or because he didn't try? On the other hand I see Mit making a lot of insane promises that you just know aren't even possible. My whole side on this is that he is despeate to win the election at any cost including some of his own money going into campaigns. Now if they guy is worth more than $400,000 a year, why is he so interested in being president. Obviously because he has plans, plans to use his position to better himself financially in the world and probably cares less about the public. It's the same thing Bush did, he made mass investments in war funds and then without reason put us at war, not even with the accused country of 9/11.

IMO they are both career criminals, and while Obama may not be pulling us out of this mess like we had hoped, it probably beats another career criminal in office.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   

When you have half of the people demonize Obama and another half demonize Romney and the rest demonize both Presidents, I guess seeing both as essentially good is the real minority-viewpoint. Contemporary popular culture likes to rake up dirt on either candidate and those who like to appear unpartial will rake up dirt on both, but I have my doubts about these two guys being truly bad at heart. I wonder how long we have been at a point to speak of our Presidents and Candidates the way hostile enemies might view them...as thoroughly evil and unworthy.

I think that in their own way they would like to do a good job and do what they think is best for the country. I think the public is overestimating their abilities and powers to create change. I think that being President or Candidate is hard work. They are doing what they think is right given while there is a constant onslaught of calls for attention, attempted bribery and criticism in their direction.

Yes, they do need to be criticized now and then but I think that the culture of demonizing them day in, day out, is not good for the country, not supportive of our overall values and goals as a nation. And I realize 99% will angrily disagree. But at least I said it.

I can say this, sometimes the nicest of people can throw down a government in a heartbeat. It doesn't take much to being deceived. Take the book of mormon for instance, that book has no basis to reality. In a court of law the book of mormon would be blown out of court because of all the dna evidence against it and of course no artifacts to back up it's stories of ancient hebrews leaving ancient Jerusalem and coming to the americas.

Yet, Romney appears to be smiley and puts on a good appearance. I want somebody that is wise as a serpent and harmless as a dove and of course does not get deceived easily and that is why my vote is for Obama. Though I understand there is give and take. Both can't get in together, somebody has to take command of the oval office and have the abilities to show leadership. I thought the last two debates of Obama with Romney, clearly displayed more ability and talents that a president should have.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by rollsthepaul
Are you a moron?

Do you always start your discourses by insulting those who hold different views than yours? Is that the kind of world you want to live in?

Both of these treasonous scumbags

You then move on to insult your fellow humans Romney and Obama. Your post is one of 100% insult and zero substance. What would the world look like if people like you were in charge.

one remains a good man for long in the cesspool that is political life.

By your fourth sentence you have blanket-insulted the entirety of politicians.

Stand in front of the mirror and slap your face until you realize that politicians are the minions of the psychopatic/sociopathic monsters that control this planet.

Followed by more insult. I`ll take Obama or Romney any day before voting for YOU.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by AthlonSavage

I agree that its more us than them. They are merely a reflection of us.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Scouser640

You need names? The name of every child killed in Iraq, Libya, Palestine, Syria, Pakistan....? Wow. Sometimes the truth isn't "out there" sometimes it's right in your face, if you still can't see it, there's really nothing I or anyone else can say or do that can help you.

Are you referring to casualties of war? Because Im pretty sure neither of the two Candidates lie awake at night scheming on how they might murder children.

And which corporations do they represent? All of them. Corporations have more rights than people, Corporations are protected, people are not.

Corporations are people. And so are politicians.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by 3chainz
Obama started off as a good man in his life as a community organizer right out of Harvard, when he could have chosen a high paying career. Then as a civil rights lawyer.....I don't know what happened to him though, power corrupts.

Mitt Romney always seems to have been a jerk, dressing up like a cop and pulling people over (creepy), abusing his dog, and his profession at Bain.

edit on 2-11-2012 by 3chainz because: (no reason given)

Your one of those partisans that sees their own candidate in the brightest of lights and the other in the darkest. And that is...vastly and painfully unrealistic.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join