It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Whats going on with the sun?

page: 1
2

log in

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   
According to the past sunspot cycle , this cycle has been really quite, it picked up few months back, but it died out. We are getting closer to solar max, but guess what the sun is acting opposite, its going back to minimum. Something is wrong, and this change is deff or will deff affect our planet Earth.
edit on 1-11-2012 by storm2012 because: (no reason given)


Comparing sunspots in 2003 to now:

Sunspot 2003:








Now:


Just compare the two images, and its shocking, look at those monster sunspots, in 2003. Now its like small tiny dots, nothing big at all. Maybe we are moving in space in a different zone, where some energies are altered or something, who knows. Time will tell, but yeah lets face it, there is a change occurring.

Please post any info you have, I would really like to know, if our sun is experiencing a change or if this change will change us all, lets face it without the sun we are pointless, so the biggest thing we should consider is looking our main source of life, THE SUN.
edit on 1-11-2012 by storm2012 because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-11-2012 by storm2012 because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-11-2012 by storm2012 because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-11-2012 by storm2012 because: (no reason given)




posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Well ive learned that space is impossible to predict.But still,puzzling




posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   
... and this is a significant player in climate change. Low solar activity right now, I predict a cold winter with several severe winter storms for the UK and Europe. Somebody make a record of this and come back to me in the spring.



posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by storm2012
According to the past sunspot cycle , this cycle has been really quite, it picked up few months back, but it died out. We are getting closer to solar max, but guess what the sun is acting opposite, its going back to minimum. Something is wrong, and this change is deff or will deff affect our planet Earth.
edit on 1-11-2012 by storm2012 because: (no reason given)


Comparing sunspots in 2003 to now:

Sunspot 2003:








Now:


Just compare the two images, and its shocking, look at those monster sunspots, in 2003. Now its like small tiny dots, nothing big at all. Maybe we are moving in space in a different zone, where some energies are altered or something, who knows. Time will tell, but yeah lets face it, there is a change occurring.

Please post any info you have, I would really like to know, if our sun is experiencing a change or if this change will change us all, lets face it without the sun we are pointless, so the biggest thing we should consider is looking our main source of life, THE SUN.
edit on 1-11-2012 by storm2012 because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-11-2012 by storm2012 because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-11-2012 by storm2012 because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-11-2012 by storm2012 because: (no reason given)

This is because we are most likely in a grand solar minimum which means weak activity over several solar cycles. The next cycle is expected to be even weaker. This is what happened during the little ice age"maunder minimum" and the less severe dalton minimum which lasted from 1790 to 1830.
en.wikipedia.org...
And even during the peak in current solar cycle it was still below normal when you look at number of sunspots.

During such low activity periods the activity fluctuates alot it seems. This is why I think we also experience global temperature drop, as that is what happened during every single grand solar minimum in the past.
Let's hope this will be only a dalton minimum and not a full maunder minimum which lasted closer to a century than just a few decades. One thing for sure.. This is something no human alive today have experience, so it will be interesting times ahead.
If we experience another maunder minimum then sunspots might literally vanish for decades.

And here is the recorded history of solar activity:

edit on 1-11-2012 by juleol because: (no reason given)



posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by fiftyfifty
... and this is a significant player in climate change. Low solar activity right now, I predict a cold winter with several severe winter storms for the UK and Europe. Somebody make a record of this and come back to me in the spring.

Already happened here.. And history also shows that there is a linkage between low solar activity and the position of jet stream, which explains both the extreme cold and heatwaves we have had last few years.



posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   
As far as i know sun cicles take eleven years, so, if the last maximum was in 2003, we would expect the following one in 2014, right?

Of course, we've only started theorizing about it, we have only minimal observations to start making good hypothesis about star physics.

Regards



posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by wmegoth
As far as i know sun cicles take eleven years, so, if the last maximum was in 2003, we would expect the following one in 2014, right?

Of course, we've only started theorizing about it, we have only minimal observations to start making good hypothesis about star physics.

Regards


The next is expected February 2013. It's also expected to do pretty much nothing.

solarscience.msfc.nasa.gov...



posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by wmegoth
As far as i know sun cicles take eleven years, so, if the last maximum was in 2003, we would expect the following one in 2014, right?

Of course, we've only started theorizing about it, we have only minimal observations to start making good hypothesis about star physics.

Regards

It is 11 years on average but varies from 9-13~ years afaik. The lower the average activity is the longer the cycle lasts.



posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   



posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Oh the sun? It's just floating there, being all hot, millions of miles away, doing what it does everyday.

For your morning coffee.




posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by storm2012
According to the past sunspot cycle , this cycle has been really quite


I'm not so sure about that. Give it some time.







We are getting closer to solar max, but guess what the sun is acting opposite, its going back to minimum. Something is wrong, and this change is deff or will deff affect our planet Earth.


Depends on how much activity there might or might not be. Which either way, might not be a big deal.



posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   
We are still moving toward solar maximum. The sunspot number was predicted to be below average for cycle 24 and the prediction is holding true.


Whether or not it will have any effect on climate or if subsequent cycles will be low remains to be seen.



posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Vandettas
 

Well.. Nearly all solar physicist now agree that this will be a weak cycle including nasa: solarscience.msfc.nasa.gov...



posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by storm2012
 


You can check this site, too for solar activity.

www.spaceweather.com...

Perhaps the sun is in nap mode.

As long as it's still hanging in the sky every day, I'm happy!





top topics



 
2

log in

join