It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bones, Caskets Unearthed by Sandy

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Amanda5

It is insensitive on the one hand but then, practically speaking, people have only found out 200 years later. I am sure her friends and family don't mind, what with they themselves long since being worm food.

Wonder if any other archeology will be unearthed because of the storm. I am thinking ships off shore affected by the storm surge.......

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 08:15 AM
link   
That particular tree apparently survived the big Christmas blow in '94.
Wonder if there will be an ATS level "full disclosure" before the election.
There was a lot of what is usually called HAARP activity as much as two weeks prior to the Sandy landfall.
Perhaps a Bells theorem style shift of cause and effect could occur?

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Died of yellow fever, would that virus still be alive after 200 years? How many other dangers are only feet away that was baried in haste or hiddened from latter generations. I't seems like some germ people at one time was looking into the ash pit's at fort reiley in kansas where the 1917-1919 spanish flu started from burning dead mules and the ashes getting airborn.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   
I am a huge fan of cremation.

it semi solves problems like this. if urns are buried, at least they are easier to move. or if destroyed over time, it really dosnt matter.

i mean there is only so much ground in a nation to put dead bodies.
how many generations can be long forgotten before we can reuse cemetery land? or destroy the cemetery?
are we to be SO over sensitive to the issue that we infinity bury bodies in unique ground, never to be used for any purpose again?

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by ladyteeny
reply to post by UberL33t

i had a quick look but i'm at work and it's not easy to go searching. either way it was meant as more of a 'there's more info on ats already on this subject' than anything else.

That's what you keep saying but where is the thread? If you're gonna make such a claim, then atleast provide some proof with a link. Until then.
~$heopleNation

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Ooo- creepy. Black Hope Curse anybody?

theunexplainedmysteries.com...

Personally, I quite like the idea of a tree being planted over my mortal remains- after all, I wont be using it anymore- might as well be tree food!

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Flavian

I am thinking more along the lines of why a tree was planted directly over the body. The disease aspect is interesting as well.

Personally I am not a fan of burial - I think cremation is cleaner and ecological sound, less problematic considering caskets often contain lead linings. I am respectful to the deceased in terms of how people were managed on their death during the time of the deceased.

A body turning up at this time in the manner described reeks to me of a less than respectful situation. I sense there is more to this story than simply a body being unearthed during a storm.

Much Peace...

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   
According to this blog the scene has turned into a full scale excavation sifting through the remains of two people.

ontheroadtogreenness.blogspot.com...

Does it make sense that the Grand army of the Republic would randomly plant Oak trees to Commemorate Lincoln directly over anonymous bones? My coincidence meter went off, and that usually means there is a conspiracy.
Do they need to find alien DNA in the remains before we can file a FOI request?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join