It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Major Retailer Urges Workers To Take 'Civics Course' With Anti-Obama Content

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by macman

Originally posted by Grimpachi
I see this as a form of brainwashing or indoctrination with more than just an insinuation that if they do not take the course there career will go nowhere or go away. IMO.

I find it tasteless to say the least.

And I am sure that you beam with pride about all the Public Schools having kids sing songs in praise of 0bama and teachers arguing with students and throwing them out of class when the student criticizes 0bama.

There is nothing wrong, as I am sure that if you work for Media Matters, that they all boast hating Conservatives and so on.

Private business. Not only do you not have to work there, but if you do, you don't have to take the class.

Can you please provide a link to all these schools you are talking about? From what you wrote it sounds like there are a lot of them. I do know of one that was done by students but you can’t be using that one as an example because that would be misrepresenting the facts. Right.

So please provide some evidence to support your claims. Never mind that you are already off topic and deflecting attention away from what the OP stated.

Some would claim your statement was fishy

edit on 1-11-2012 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Can you please provide a link to all these schools you are talking about? From what you wrote it sounds like there are a lot of them. I do know of one that was done by students but you can’t be using that one as an example because that would be misrepresenting the facts. Right.

www.cbsnews.com...
thegrio.com...
www.foxnews.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.baracknobama.net...
www.theblaze.com...
www.breitbart.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
joemiller.us... ign/
www.webpronews.com...

Shall I continue?

So please provide some evidence to support your claims. Never mind that you are already off topic and deflecting attention away from what the OP stated.

Some would claim your statement was fishy

It is on topic, as you stated they were being brainwashed, yet have no issue of it happening within the public shows so long as it is Pro-0bama.

Also, a simple google search will provide more, MANY MORE instances of Pro-0bama teachers having it out with students.
But, like other 0bama fanboys, you will march on retorting with crap that just tries to protect the dear leader.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by macman

I was talking about all the different schools you implied not all the different articles about the school.

Sorry if that confused you I thought I was making myself clear.

As far as it being on topic I would disagree. I was commenting directly on the OP and I do not remember anything being stated about NJ schools or the POTUS.

What you are doing is a perfect example of a red herring and your hostility shows.

If you would like to discuss the topic of what happened in NJ there are already several threads on that issue. You can add to it here.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 1-11-2012 by Grimpachi because: add link

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Menards better hope Romney gets elected because the IRS is going to go over their books
with a fine tooth comb if he doesn't and maybe even if he does.

WTH, preachers are going after Obama. So much for separation of church and state; and besides
corporations are people so they can express their political agenda as well.

American politics has taken on a surreal vibe that so well fits America and Americans.

& FYI....the Menards workers will play the silly game, take the test, and answer just like the Corp. wants;
and then vote however they want. Just an ignorant exercise in futility. Do you think the workers can't see thru this BS.

edit on 1-11-2012 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   

I was talking about all the different schools you implied not all the different articles about the school.

Sorry if that confused you I thought I was making myself clear.

Your self satisfaction is high, unwarranted, but high.
There are many other instances of this happening throughout the US. Again, stop being lazy and look for yourself, instead of turning into a reddit user and demanding photos as proof, only to turn around and knock them as frauds.

As far as it being on topic I would disagree. I was commenting directly on the OP and I do not remember anything being stated about NJ schools or the POTUS.

Again................You have no issue I am sure of brainwashing happening in public schools, yet cry when a private company offers a course that goes against your political leaning.

What you are doing is a perfect example of a red herring and your hostility shows.

Deflect and attack huh? How is that working out for you?

If you would like to discuss the topic of what happened in NJ there are already several threads on that issue. You can add to it here.

That's nice.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by ssj2gohan83
This is going way to far. Any person that works for any organization that engages in voter intimidation against employees needs to rot in "federal pound me in the a** prison." Worst part is, it's completely ignored by the "media" and rest of the US population. Gaaaah!, this is just so infuriating, I can just scream obscenities until I lose my voice.

Fine. They can start with the union hacks that showed up at lunch time, where I work and threatened their members with the things that could happen if they DIDN'T vote for Obama.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Now I like Menards even more! Please this is chump change considered to what all the UNIONS do. Please show me how you've posted in outrage against them.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by JIMC5499

Fine. They can start with the union hacks that showed up at lunch time, where I work and threatened their members with the things that could happen if they DIDN'T vote for Obama.

Having been there and done that with several employers, it is what it is, just threats.

Until the day these folks can follow you into a voting booth, there is nothing really that they can threaten you with.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sissel

Originally posted by JIMC5499

Having been there and done that with several employers, it is what it is, just threats.

Until the day these folks can follow you into a voting booth, there is nothing really that they can threaten you with.

Agreed.
Seems to be the same on both sides. The author of this thread was just ticked that the classes were anti-Obama.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by JIMC5499

Back when I was in a union they put out in a newsletter that they officially endorsed Bush this was due to the stance he took on the insurance within unions however it wound up biting them in the but because with another bill he passed it essentially put the company out of business my point being they did officially back one candidate which BTW went against the norm as far as parties however there was never any kind of intimidation behind it. This was my experience with Unions but I am not saying what you are implying doesn’t go on just that I haven’t seen it myself.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

Sorry I didn’t know expecting a person to provide proof of their claims was out of the ordinary on ATS.

My apologies.

edit on 1-11-2012 by Grimpachi because: add picture

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   

reply to post by macman

Sorry I didn’t know expecting a person to provide proof of their claims was out of the ordinary on ATS.

My apologies.

Back on that again???

Now, I am sure that you have no issue with public schools making 0bama out as the grand savior of the world, right? Or the songs the kids were singing, or the teacher that argued with a student and told him it was illegal to criticizes 0bama, or the teacher that was arrested for assault for forcing the students hand to do Muslim signs.
That is all well and good, but be damned those PRIVATE entities or companies that state the opposite to your view.

That is the issue. You have tolerance for only those that fall in line with your thought.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

And yet another:

And here I thought the topic of this thread was. (Major Retailer Urges Workers To Take 'Civics Course' With Anti-Obama Content)
Apparently I was wrong. I rely must work on my reading comprehension in that case because I didn’t see any of that in the Ops statements.

If you say I only have tolerance for a certain group because I am trying to stay on topic I have to disagree with that line of thought. I would make an assertion of my own that because you seem to be desperately changing the subject that you are guilty of what you are accusing me of.

Does that make sense to you?

Since you have shown us in this thread that you are against proving your own claims can we please stick to the OP at least?

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by macman

I see this as a form of brainwashing or indoctrination with more than just an insinuation that if they do not take the course there career will go nowhere or go away. IMO.

I find it tasteless to say the least.

And I am sure that you beam with pride about all the Public Schools having kids sing songs in praise of 0bama and teachers arguing with students and throwing them out of class when the student criticizes 0bama.

There is nothing wrong, as I am sure that if you work for Media Matters, that they all boast hating Conservatives and so on.

Private business. Not only do you not have to work there, but if you do, you don't have to take the class.

What you said. In addition, lets not forget how Unions pressure workers to vote a certain way have have done so for decades.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   

The course tells the employees to what is "best" for the company by telling them the course of action to take at polls. This is no different when CEOs telling there to employees that voting for Obama is bad for the Company.

This is no different than what the Teachers Unions do with their union members. This is no different than what the Auto Unions do with their union members. A major retailer tells it's employees that Romneys plan will help the company and Obama's plan will hurt the company. If what they say is true then that's fine. As long as they don't intimidate anyone. Side note - I wonder if the Unions and their anti-Romney/Pro-Obama stuff intimidate anyone?

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   
You can kill the business climate with government policies that restrict business.

If you want to have people employed, you need to encourage business.

Many people believe that the democratic party seems to not understand business, or go so far as to have an anti business slant.

The business owner encourages his employees to take a class. Big deal. Not worth your outrage.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Just another case of right wing infringement on the left wing mandate for social conditioning.
It happens all the time and nobody says boo unless it's from the right wing.
A tiny drop that comes no where near countering the left wing social conditioning propaganda train.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Grimpachi

So let me paraphrase your reply, "I will not answer the question and will hide behind the idea of taking the high road and pitching let's all stay on topic".

Almost like "derpa derpa derpa........derpa derpa".

Ok, so you don't want to answer, no problem.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

Just to be clear I have no problem debating you on the issue you are trying to switch the conversation too.
As long as we discuss it in the correct thread which I provided a link too.

You have continually posted using Logical fallacies and it seems you are frustrated because I am not falling for them.

If you were serious about the issue you are trying to switch us to you would post in the appropriate thread but it is my belief you will not do so because the issue has been thoroughly talked about and has come to a logical conclusion that you do not like which is why you are trying to rehash the issue here where you hope that (illogically I might add) that it will have a different result.

By all means let us continue the debate you wish to have but let us do it in the correct thread.

edit on 1-11-2012 by Grimpachi because: Punctuation

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by khimbar

reply to post by khimbar

Read the whole article. The course tells the employees to what is "best" for the company by telling them the course of action to take at polls. This is no different when CEOs telling there to employees that voting for Obama is bad for the Company.

I did. Here's a bit you missed out of your OP.

'Menards employees who sign up for the course are graded on their knowledge via a multiple choice pass-fail test, and those who pass the test are acknowledged in company publications and bulletins. While workers are not required to take the course, those who hope for promotions may feel pressure to do so, since it is clear that management is paying attention to who is or isn't taking the at-home classes, which are conducted on the employees' own time.'

How is it 'voter intimidation' again?
edit on 31-10-2012 by khimbar because: (no reason given)

It's a no brainer. I'd take the course just to get kudos with the company then just forget about all the crap they asked me to learn. This is climbing the corporate ladder the easy way.

Then I'd vote for None of The Above or write in Ron Paul.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join