It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

POST SANDY: "People are turning on each other -- they're attacking each other"

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   
What the heck is a haymaker?

Sounds like things are getting really bad out there. Ya'll be careful out there on the east coast. You are in our thoughts and prayers.

~OkieDokie

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   
I found out about the looting early yesterday morning, from a friend that works for a security company. She was working 30 hours straight. As of yesterday morning, according to her, the looting in NY was out of control. I was surprised the news didnt pick this up sooner. Then again, maybe I'm not that surprised.....

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone
MSM reporting of looting and bad behavior will be suppressed until after the elections.

They have their orders....after the elections we'll get a better view of the reality of what is happening now.

Yup, if they showed what really is happening it would have the same effect it did with President Bush during Katrina and we can't have anything showing obama in a bad light this close to election now that we distracted people from the benghazi attack.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by XaniMatriX

I haven't either,but....

I'm sure it is being suppressed for PR purposes.

Till Romney brings it up to blacken Obama's eye.

LOL.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Could this be related in any way to the three days of darkness?

Just asking!

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Every time there is a disaster, where people lose things like water and power, it doesn't take long before everything starts to come apart at the seams.

We're all only about 2 days away from anarchy, depending on the situation. This is why I moved away from a major metropolitan area. It doesn't take much for people to devolve into nasty animals, stealing and fighting.

I have never understood looters, but it is not a new phenomenon by any means. After the devastating earthquake in San Francisco, 1906,police and the Army were dispatched to shoot all looters on site, which they did.

There will always be sorry little opportunistic thieves in the wake of disasters.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jeremiah65
There is always a small segment of the population that is looking for an excuse to act badly. Looting, fighting and predatory behavior after two days? That seems criminal and not out of "need".

What happened in Katrina wasn't all about stealing or looting...it was about survival. This is not quite the same. If things were terrible weeks after the storm, I could sympathize...but two days? That just sounds wrong.

I see what you mean.
Looting after a hurricane.....
Katrina + survival = Bush's fault.
Sandy + a few criminals = not Obama's fault.

Nice to know.
edit on 31-10-2012 by badgerprints because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by MyHappyDogShiner
reply to post by XaniMatriX

I haven't either,but....

I'm sure it is being suppressed for PR purposes.

Till Romney brings it up to blacken Obama's eye.

LOL.

The whole romney and obama thing is a game also, it feels as if they are creating as much distraction as possible for something big. Look where they are not pointing, and we will see the truth.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by loam
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Agreed.

I think people forget that the worst part of natural disasters like this one is what comes afterwards.

Poor people.

Actually those "poor people" were poor people before the disaster, and the neighborhood was probably just as dangerous on any given day as it is today, but the difference is that the police and the cameras are pointed at them for a short while here.

The only difference in the aftermath of the hurricane is that people are watching and caring for a change. It will pass over soon enough, and these folks will still be living with crime and poor living conditions and corruption and poverty, but the news anchors will be gone, and the police will go back to protecting people in the better neighborhoods.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by badgerprints

There is always a small segment of the population that is looking for an excuse to act badly. Looting, fighting and predatory behavior after two days? That seems criminal and not out of "need".

What happened in Katrina wasn't all about stealing or looting...it was about survival. This is not quite the same. If things were terrible weeks after the storm, I could sympathize...but two days? That just sounds wrong.

I see what you mean.

LMAO! You misunderstood. It's the amount of time...geesh....two days" Really? and that is considered "survival? It's B.S. in the extreme. Katrina was a travesty for the amount of time it took to get things moving and people had to do what they had to do.

I am damn sure not defending Obama or Bush or the fake "aid" that Romney is pretending to be doing. However.... Chris Christie is singing the praises of Obama...I bet that hurts some of the Republicans right in the butt. At least Obama called off the campaign appearances to at least be present.

You people and your stupid left right paradigm bullshiz are some serious pieces of failed work...like it freaking matters...here is a clue Einstein...none of them give a crap...that is unless they score publicity points.

My political preference is what it is...those trapped into thinking one of the two wings of the same bird of prey is going to swoop in and save them are idiots.

edit on 10/31/2012 by Jeremiah65 because: (no reason given)

edit on 10/31/2012 by Jeremiah65 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by darkhorserider

The only difference in the aftermath of the hurricane is that people are watching and caring for a change. It will pass over soon enough, and these folks will still be living with crime and poor living conditions and corruption and poverty, but the news anchors will be gone, and the police will go back to protecting people in the better neighborhoods.

And sometimes during these situations even the police can't be trusted:

www.huffingtonpost.com... -department_n_1405375.html

NEW ORLEANS -- The Justice Department's push to clean up New Orleans' troubled police department reached a milestone as a federal judge sentenced five former officers to prison terms of up to 65 years for their roles in the deadly shootings of unarmed residents on a bridge after Hurricane Katrina ravaged the city.

edition.cnn.com...

The city's police department is investigating reports that at least 12 police officers may have gone on a looting spree in the days after the storm hit.

www.homelandstupidity.us... -police-steal-cars-attack-reporters/

Just when you thought it was safe to go back into New Orleans, a new danger to human life and property has emerged: the New Orleans Police Department. New Orleans police allegedly stole some 200 cars from a dealership well before Katrina even made landfall.

These types of disasters bring out the worst in everybody, not just the "poor people."

I hate to say it, but it's going to get a lot worse.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by SeekerofTruth101
reply to post by Destinyone

I am no dreamer, or live life through rose colored lens, but Please do not think ill of your neighbour, espacially as you have no evidences to proof. A man is innocent till guilty.

Rumours feed upon itself and ultimately will destroy societies, more so unsubstantiated ones at times like these. What had happened, had already happened. Everyone should remain vigilant, and look out for one another, not hurting or harming one another right now.

Man are reasonable beings. It begins by reasoning through communication with each other, not by accusations, to find better ways and solutions out.

This...only *one* video on looting after Sandy.....

I would like to think the best of my fellow man. But, I'm not wearing rose colored glasses either....

Des

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Sissel

Oh ya, I definitely agree. The police are no different than everybody else, except for the fact that they have guns, badges, and free-range to do as they please. The police become more and more frightening every day!

I wasn't blaming the poor people, I was just pointing out that the hurricane is of little significance to their situation. Looting, crime, corruption, violence are already a part of their daily lifestyle, the hurricane just puts a little bit of attention on them for a change. The attention is probably a good thing, but it will only be temporary, and then back to hell again.

I've got some good friends that grew up in projects like these in NOLA and San Fran, and they managed to get out, but too many of them get sucked in and destroyed with the lifestyle. I'll never forget my friend crying on his 30th birthday party and remembering so many of his old buddies that either didn't make it to 30, or celebrated it in prison. He literally celebrated for an entire week, and cried daily, and called to thank his mom and his sister, and his grandma every chance he got for the entire week, because he just couldn't believe he had actually made it out and made something better of himself against all odds.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   
i'm shocked!! new york city has looters?....guess what, the sky is blue, and grass is green. i'm sure there is alot more we are not hearing about, the asphalt jungle became real.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   
If there is no electricity....why do the billboards have power? That's what i don't get. How is that possible? Do they run on their own power source???

Let me also state, i've NEVER seen NYC looks so empty. Sure, there are people WALKING the streets...but not many cars. People UNDERESTIMATE the problems JERSEY faces. Most people that work in Manhattan, live in New Jersey; and New Jersey got the raw end of the deal with Sandy!

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by loam

I was thinking about this yesterday when they reported how much perishable food would be thrown away, I wondered about it during New Orleans too, these shop owners should pass out the perishable items, they are going to throw it away anyway, but I guess they never think it will get this bad,

I also worry about my diabetic daughter if I had to steal for insulin I would, it is a terrible thing to worry about, but in the case of a natural disaster, yea I would do it.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

i'm sure there people who care not of others but i think that number is smaller than some may suspect. from my experience with natural disasters people tend to pull together and not so much apart. i think we may be seeing the first signs of food and water deprivation taking place. when confronted with dehydration and starvation, many people will do extreme things to survive and that's to be expected. are these people bad people for it, not in my opinion, they are just starving to death and the primal human takes over to survive.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by badgerprints

I see what you mean.

Nice to know.
edit on 31-10-2012 by badgerprints because: (no reason given)

bush had a horse show manager for his FEMA director. obama had his people mobilize personnel, supplies, and equipment into strategic points before the storm came close. preparations for each disaster were like night and day in comparison

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Unless you are homeless there is no excuse. The supposedly "poor" in this country always have things of value like computers, large screen tv, Ipods, etc. that they could have sold and used the money to prepare for the storm but didn't. They're too greedy and refuse to let go of anything.
If they didn't stock up then tough cow chips.
There's no excuse for this kind of looting and robbery going on whether there was a storm or not. If they get shot looting - oh well!!

I have great sympathy for storm victims as I've been there myself so this is not a rant against them in any way, just the people who use this as an excuse for criminal behavior.

Too bad the gun laws in NY are so strict few are able to defend themselves or their property, which incidentally is the main reason I moved away from there years ago.
edit on 31-10-2012 by Asktheanimals because: added comment

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   
I think some are reading too much into this, hoping their survivalist fetish will come true:
End of the world,people shooting each other and the one survivor-king just trying to get by.

Someone needs a reality check

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join