It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

POST SANDY: "People are turning on each other -- they're attacking each other"

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   
FOX announced, tonight, Geraldo Revira's Show will be live from Stanton Island. As much as I really don't care for him, I'll watch. Hopefully it will be accurate reporting, not drama queen spin machine we see.

Des

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Speaking of "attacking each other"...some of you, that are into the whole...Zombie Apocalypse thing, might enjoy my latest thread on ATS: I didnt BELIEVE in ZOMBIES til i met SANDY

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   

FEMA Out of Water, No Delivery Until Monday

FEMA's vaunted "lean forward" strategy that called for advanced staging of supplies for emergency distribution failed to live up to its billing in the immediate aftermath of Hurricane Sandy.

In fact, the agency appears to have been completely unprepared to distribute bottled water to Hurricane Sandy victims when the storm hit this Monday. In contrast to its stated policy, FEMA failed to have any meaningful supplies of bottled water -- or any other supplies, for that matter -- stored in nearby facilities as it had proclaimed it would on its website. This was the case despite several days advance warning of the impending storm.

FEMA only began to solicit bids for vendors to provide bottled water for distribution to Hurricane Sandy victims on Friday, sending out a solicitation request for 2.3 million gallons of bottled water at the FedBizOpps.gov website. Bidding closed at 4:30 pm eastern.

Monday. That will certainly make things more dire.

In terms of FEMA, am I the only one who finds it remarkable how much we bureaucratize acute disaster response? Typical government outcome...and the best part is they get to lie to us!

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   
supplies and volunteers are being turned back that are not "unionized"

meh - sounds like the people in the effected areas need to get out of dodge (and just wait for the next nor-easter to hit)

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by MidnightTide

Yes, I read this too. Disgusting.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by loam
reply to post by MidnightTide

Yes, I read this too. Disgusting.

Gov Christie has announced today, any, and all nonunion help is greatly appreciated in NJ. He also said he's going to look into those idiots turning aid away for not being Union members....

Des

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

Absolutely not one single thing learned from Katrina, huh, loam? It's like a replay almost. I feel so sorry for these people trapped (and they are basically trapped!) out on Staten Island. Now they are having to arm themselves and basically do midnight watches so that punk-assed SOBs don't break in and beat the crap out of them at night.

And FEMA sits with their heads up their asses once again, and Red Cross, once again, is just absolutely friggin stellar what with their cookies and hot chocolate.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Valhall

Originally posted by Valhall
reply to post by loam

Absolutely not one single thing learned from Katrina, huh, loam? It's like a replay almost.

Exactly, Valhall.

I even thought of constructing a thread showing the similarities.

Originally posted by Valhall
I feel so sorry for these people trapped (and they are basically trapped!) out on Staten Island. Now they are having to arm themselves and basically do midnight watches so that punk-assed SOBs don't break in and beat the crap out of them at night.

And FEMA sits with their heads up their asses once again, and Red Cross, once again, is just absolutely friggin stellar what with their cookies and hot chocolate.

Me too.

And then there is the point that private efforts are being prohibited or discouraged in favor of the FEMA or Red Cross approach, which is essentially nothing other than props and photo ops.

Help has to be unionized....or officially designated/certified as a first responder...clothing and food items rejected in favor of cash contributions....

And the thought that all of those supplies and deployable infrastructure (porta potties, water & generators) for the NYC marathon sat for days and were specifically held at bay to ensure the race would go on...

Morons. The whole lot of 'em.

:shk:

edit on 3-11-2012 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

Well, I just figured out why the Red Cross is giving these people the shaft. They apparently didn't play by the rules. They sent food and water to the victims of Katrina instead of giving the Red Cross money....so now they are getting paid back for that sin!

James Molinaro went as far as to tell people not to donate to the charity because when push came to shove, the group just didn't deliver when Staten Island needed them the most.

'My advice to the people of Staten Island is do not donate to the American Red Cross,' said Mr Molinaro. 'Let them get their money elsewhere.'

'It's an absolute disgrace in a county that has always responded to disasters all over the world,' he said.

'Katrina - we sent them down four trailer loads of food, water and one trailer load of generators. No one's responding to us.'

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Valhall

I haven't posted much on this yet either...but wait for the body count games too...

If you read user comments at the bottom of some of these news articles, it seems there are a whole lot of them...far more than the official count would seem to indicate.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

Yesterday authorities said 22 dead in Staten island, but in a live interview a lady said it was more like 200, why are they covering it up?

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

Yesterday authorities said 22 dead in Staten island, but in a live interview a lady said it was more like 200, why are they covering it up?

Bad press for those in charge of preparedness for Sandy. Might hurt the current economy. Look at Manhattan...it all looks great there...tourism still in full swing. Bet Bloomberg is foaming on having to call off the marathon. Congressman Charlie Rangel was on tv today having a hissy fit that it was called off. all he talked about was how much money NY is losing because it was called off.

I'm going to watch Geraldo Rivera tonight...it's supposed to a big explosive show on what is really happening on Stanton Island. If it is accurate, it will paint a pretty bad picture for Bloomberg and others in charge of relief efforts.

Des

edit on 3-11-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   
I hope people don't resort to cannibalism. If they do, I have a delicious brother in law in Cape May

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   
hey guys i was at work today and my cousan from buffalo us .i live in canada ontario sixnations reserve.anywhos back to the story that somewhere in the us there was a mother of 2 while flood was goin on was lookin for shelter at a mans house an he would not open the door for a mother and 2 young children the kids were in a tree they wound up drownding mother in hospital this man should get the death penalty in my books leaving a mom an 2 kids to die,, anyone have the links here the story this should be brought into a new thread im to low to start one... this should hit the light he should be punished annoymous... should shed light to everyone where he is located..peace freelancer99.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by freelancer99

Welcome to ATS. The U.S. is pretty big. Can you narrow it down to at least a State for us. Was it during hurricane Sandy?

Des

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   
yes it was during hurricane sandy. thanks for the welcome much appreciated.im going to do some digging online now ill share what i find.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by freelancer99

abcnews.go.com...

edit on 043030p://bSaturday2012 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   
i found it here the link to story guys share it

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   
sorry first one didnt work here we go.. sandrarose.com...

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   

I noticed he was having a special, guess I will watch it too, don't like him much though.

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join