It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Creationist's Eyes Wide Shut

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   
It appears a new YouTube production is making the rounds and connecting religion with sciences. It appears the ways of nature have not been making the correct associations with the science community and there are some interesting examples show up

The Creationist appear to have been ignoring the obvious of various discoveries in coal mines, and that human's are a good bit older than their 6,000 years scamming.

This entire Killuminati series of videos is very interesting, touching on pyramid construction, ancient sciences, and just how humans may have moved massive blocks that we basically can't do today. The sciences and the peoples associated with the knowledge became major legends in the world of religion.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   
So "God" was just messing with our heads with all these dinosaur bones that have been proven to be millions of years old?

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by MagnumOpus

You're still on this pointless mission, "MagnumOpus"?

18 Let no one deceive himself. If anyone among you seems to be wise in this age, let him become a fool that he may become wise. 19 For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God. For it is written, “He catches the wise in their own craftiness”; 20 and again, “The Lord knows the thoughts of the wise, that they are futile.” 21 Therefore let no one boast in men. For all things are yours: 22 whether Paul or Apollos or Cephas, or the world or life or death, or things present or things to come—all are yours. 23 And you are Christ’s, and Christ is God’s.

www.reasons.org...

jandyongenesis.blogspot.com...

www.youtube.com...

Check out Dr. Hugh Ross and his Reasons to believe ministries, which I linked, and Alice Linsey, a Biblical Anthropologist and her blog Just Genesis, the second link, then finally the youtube video, a link to a preview for a movie called the Genesis Code, describing how the 6 days of Genesis has perfectly described what scientists are just now discovering about the natural universe and our earth.

Now shut down this thread, since I just completely undermined your entire premise for an argument,

The debates over,

God wins

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by RedShirt73

Please,

Read the reply I just posted above this one.

Mans wisdom is foolishness to the Almighty

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by godlover25

You undermined nothing. You gave a subjective opinion, based on subjective "evidence", and links to subjective material based on subjective world views. And there's nothing wrong with that, except trying to play it off as fact.

It does nothing to undermine the OP in the least.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Klassified

Truth is not relative,

Truth is truth,

I believe in certain absolute truths, universal truths, if you will,

2 + 2 = 4

E = mc2

the Laws of Physics and Nature will never cease (unless / until this Universe ceases)

Etc,

"What is absolutely true is always correct, everywhere, all the time, under any condition. An entity's ability to discern these things is irrelevant to that state of truth." - Steven Robiner

Universal truth,

and what is Truth, or Who is Truth, you might ask?

Jesus Christ claimed to be the Way, the Truth and the Life,

It's a fact Jesus Christ was crucified on a Roman Cross around ~30 A.D.

It's a fact the Gospels are reliable eyewitness testimony to the Resurrection and the Miracles of Christ,

It's lunacy to think Christ simply didn't exist and all the apostles and thousands of early martyrs willingly died and willingly took up poverty to follow a mythological figure that they created out of there "primitive" thought patterns,

So then we must ask, what C.S. Lewis proposed, was Jesus Christ a madman Himself, was He a liar, or was He who He claimed to be, and who Christians know He is, God in the Flesh?

God is an absolute Truth,

Jesus Christ is God,

You can't argue these facts anymore than I can argue against the earth being approximately 4.5 billion years old and scientific discoveries of how the Cambrian explosion occurred or Newtons theories proven facts or Einsteins theory of relativity

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   

If it makes you happy and content to believe the christian god is real, and that Jesus is god, there is nothing I can say that will change your mind. I believed it myself for close to 30 years of my life. I know all the devout christian arguments, because I argued them from your side for many years, from the pulpit, and on the street witnessing.

Your belief in god is just that, a belief. It is only a fact, and a truth, in your mind, and the minds of those who agree with you.

See you around the site. Klass.

edit on 10/30/2012 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   

You never stopped being a Christian and you still believe.

If you didn't you wouldn't be trying to justify leaving your faith by participating in online discussions telling Christians there faith is futile,

The darkness has just overcome you,

I know the feeling,

Hang onto whatever little tiny itsy bitsy thread of faith you still have,

God can give you a 180 degree change of thought overnight, if it's His intentions,

Or he could let you live out the rest of your life on earth in a "dark night of your soul",

and reward with you a great surprise when you meet Him

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Also -

is the Earth only 4.5 billion years old and 2 + 2 = 4, are those things only facts in the minds of people who believe them?

Or are they simply universal truths that are what they are, and will be what they will be, regardless of what humans who are not enlightened to the fact of the matters believe or do not believe?

Is the Earth truly only 6,000 years old and Dinosaurs roamed around with a literal Adam and Eve,

Please, give me your version of Truth,

What is Truth?

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   

My hope was not to de-rail the OP's thread any further than we already have, so let me see if I can answer you one last time, and still put something on topic in this as well.

As to your first post. "You never stopped being a Christian and you still believe." I promise you, I am no longer a Christian, and I never will be again.
IMHO...
The Christian God does not exist. But then, neither do the other gods exist.
Jesus, if he existed at all, was a man, no more, no less. And probably said very little of what is attributed to him.
The bible, while having some historical accuracy, is nothing more than a conglomeration of belief systems mixed and matched to suit the authors that wrote it, and propagated it. However, the bible may be one of the better witnesses we have of pagan teachings from that time, considering most of its doctrine is relabeled and reworked paganism.

is the Earth only 4.5 billion years old and 2 + 2 = 4, are those things only facts in the minds of people who believe them?

Again, imho. No one truly knows how old the Earth is. Not the religious, nor scientists. However, scientists could probably be counted on to make a better guess at its age. 2 + 2 = 4 only because I can count that high, and I can test it for myself.

Is the Earth truly only 6,000 years old and Dinosaurs roamed around with a literal Adam and Eve

I can only give you my opinion. Religion and science are both wrong about the age of the earth, and the universe.

Please, give me your version of Truth

I don't have a version of the truth. Truth either is, or is not. I am not foolish enough to think I have a handle on the truth of our origins, or our existence. I only know what I personally believe in a given area. And as I said before, opinion is fine, as long as it isn't masquerading as fact, or truth.

What is Truth?

"conformity with fact or reality; verity"

OP, I actually did watch the whole video, and found it quite interesting. I am familiar with Michael Cremo, and have read some of his work. Although I haven't tackled his original book. It's seems somewhat of a foreboding task. But I have plans to do so at some point anyway.

The biggest problem I have with dating the past is rate of decay. We rely on it to be consistent for dating, but I'm betting it wasn't always consistent, and therefore, using it to date anything is a gamble and guess at best. Still, it's what we have to work with until we find better methods.

S&F.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   

You never stopped being a Christian and you still believe.

It's not an easy thing to do, especially if you have been indoctrinated, as I was, from a very young and fragile age. But, it can be done, I assure you!

You have to take back you free will and critical thinking skills though. But when you do, it's the finest feeling of freedom you'll ever experience!

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

You have to take back you free will and critical thinking skills though. But when you do, it's the finest feeling of freedom you'll ever experience!

Amen to that, brother.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   

You went in a polar opposite life direction than I,

I grew up in an atheist household and was a bonafide atheist sharing the same views you have come to conclude as truth until I experienced the Divine Maker,

after I witnessed the Almighty, I started searching and seeking, and discovered through many thousands of hours of study and a handful of other personal experiences that the Bible is all true, to the last iota every single letter of it is the inspired Word of God,

I'll be praying for you to come back to your Creator, your story makes me sad, I remember the cold, lonely dark feelings I used to feel, and the emptiness I used to feel when imaging eternal death and separation from God, which is actually just wishful thinking and deceptive beliefs because Sheol is worse than that......

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

It's not a liberating feeling whatsoever to be a slave to sin and in bondage to darkness,

I grew up as an atheist and came to my faith through Personal Revelation which lead me to doing many thousands of hours of intensive Biblical study which in turn led to more Divine Happenings, which has led me to where I am now,

It's a horrible thought imaging life without God, I was miserable and a pretty pathetic excuse for a human when I was godless, although I'm still a wretched man, I now have faith and hope in something besides myself, and that's pretty good seeing as how most of the time I just disappoint myself with my shortcomings and failures and if I dwell on what I don't have in the world it's a pretty grim reality,

My sympathy goes out to you

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Respectfully, I ask. Please do not pray for me. I don't need anyone's psychic energy pointed in my direction.

And secondly, I am happier now than I ever was in the near thirty years I spent as a devout fundamentalist. I am happy you found what works for you. Allow me to be happy without the yoke of bondage around my neck known as Christianity.

ETA: You may want to read this. It's brief, and leaves out much, but it will give you a general idea of my background.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 10/30/2012 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Christ yoke is easy,

You're deceived into believing in lies and the yoke around your neck now is 10 times harder then Christ Truth,

No, I will not respect your request to stop praying for you, and just for saying that tonight I am going to spend 10 minutes on my knees praying for you and your family,

Father forgive this man, for he knows not what he does,

Father forgive us, for we know not what we do,

It's not psychic energy my friend, that's an illusion,

God, the God of the Bible, is as real as you and I, in fact, He's much realer, He IS the definition of Existence, His Name is literally I will always be what I am always Being, or I will be the all there is, or I am that I am, it's hard to get the Hebraism of YHWH into an equivalent English rendition

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   

I'm happy that you are happy, if you truly are. But I know that as a Christian, I was never happy. I see you adhere to the "wretched sinner" tag. Too bad.

I'm happier than now than I ever was as a Christian, and believe me, I prayed my little heart out. Nothing, Nada.

My mother, back in the '60's was one of those Christians that used Jesus as a babysitter. He didn't protect me from all the molestation, as my mother had promised. On her instruction, and others, I prayed for forgiveness for being a wretched, molested sinner.

Being free from Christianity and all its entrapments is like kicking herion or crack coc aine. It's quite a feat, but so empowering!

I'll be meditating for you to clear your head, and feel the peace of the absence of a wrathful and judgmental god that sent his son to be murdered by an angry crowd, because of your wretchedness.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by godlover25
reply to post by MagnumOpus

You're still on this pointless mission, "MagnumOpus"?

Now shut down this thread, since I just completely undermined your entire premise for an argument,

The debates over,

God wins

Ah, there never was a rational defense from you, as most know about the various fabrications on the god themes. If you read one book and try to believe you can, but that doesn't make you appear rational to the rest of the world and those that read more broadly.

Most know all the Bible Narrative noise derives from the Sumerian gods of Anu, and that association with Abraham. Such was never really about god, only about humans impressed of higher knowledge from persons doing sciences.

Reading on the Sumerian gods and their times on Earth that began some 300,000 years ago shows how lots of very old cultures and archaeological evidence appears in the digs a lot longer than some 6,000 years ago. The Bible narrative only begins with the times of Sumeria, but there was a lot of history long before those times.

If you choose to read with blinders on your mind, fine, just don't expect the rest of the world to see it as more than just support for ignorance.

I'd suggest you read more than one book and do world history looking at all the other areas of Earth besides this one tiny little area. Otherwise, the world will see that you really don't have good advice to offer others. imho

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   

edit on 10/31/2012 by Klassified because: Nevermind. Not worth it.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by RedShirt73
So "God" was just messing with our heads with all these dinosaur bones that have been proven to be millions of years old?

I think one will notice that the original theme for god was about that which formed the universe billions of years ago, and then the Earth and the various life forms that followed. Much Darwin type evolution is seen in these very ancient times. Darwin was modified on earth by the off-world genetic experiments from these Annunaki that came seeking gold. When these associations appear on the history of Earth timeline, there is departure from evolution thinking, due to outside modification and sudden jumps in genetics.

In the more recent times, the Middle East tapped into the theme that Sumeria had gods that modified human genetics. Such basically ignores all the more valid theme for god and creation of the universe theme of a billion years back and tries to blend it into the Creation theme for Adam and Eve in Sumeria and Garden of Eden.

All that is metaphor and allegory type writings to try to gather a following. This speaks only about the areas of "Enki" and "Enlil", and Jesus theme was Enki and the Jewish Yahweh is Enlil. These two god themes are very different in personality and interests.

Anyone that really wants to understand religion knows to seek out the issues for the Creation of the Universe and Earth as being billions of years in the past, and the allegorical and Metaphor methods assigned to the more recent 6,000 year old theme from the gods of Anu.

Typically, this 6,000 year religion theme is the root of racism as it suggests that the white race, formed in Sumeria, were the only real humans, and this is the roots to which the Jewish claim and to be superior to all others via those genetics. Though we know that over these thousands of years that genetics has been blended highly so that genetics only faintly exists these days. It is this bloodline that many of the Royalists claim for their rights to rule over others, as the gods of Anu ruled over their original creations. Such thinking came from the Davidic bloodline with blue-eyes and blonde hair, which Jesus also possessed

Most in the US don't buy into the Royalists methods of Kings and Queens, and in like fashion neither should we need any other kings or queens derived from the gods of Anu type thinking.

Most of the Christian religion is about the subjugation of people to this old Sumerian cast type of Royalist bloodline rulers, which directly interferes with our Freedoms in America.

We don't need gods that we have to bow down to, nor beliefs in gods that were nothing but ancient visitors seeking control and labor to do their bidding for wealth.

Jesus isn't god for the rational of mind. Those that want to become a sort of slave mind to these old ancient ways of Sumeria, seek followers that can't think in terms of freedom and free thought.

Most of modern corrupted religion isn't much to do with the real theme of Jesus, though he tried to teach of the ways for Enki. Most of modern religion assigns Enlil/Yahweh as the Jesus theme for god, which is totally wrong and misleading people into methods of slavery and untruth not intended for freedom of man. imho

To speak of Christian religion without taking note of these important factors is not about truth nor freedom.

edit on 31-10-2012 by MagnumOpus because: The Harms that Religion do to Freedom and Truth

top topics

<<   2 >>

join