It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nanny accused of slaying two children in NYC apartment, awakens in hospital

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   
According to cbsnews , Yoselyn Ortega, the nanny accused of slaying two children in their Upper West Side apartment before stabbing herself woke up Sunday and asked about her family . A source told the New York Post that Ortega, 50, suffered from a BROKEN VERTEBRA in a failed suicide attempt after she fatally stabbed 6-year-old Lucia and 2-year-old Leo Krim in the bathtub of their luxury Manhattan apartment on Thursday.

Ortega has since undergone surgery and is "talking a little," the source said.
Investigators returned Sunday to Ortega's bedside at a New York hospital for questioning, but she has hired a lawyer and wouldn't answer them, according to a source. She did speak to her doctor and "asked about her family."

LINK

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 29-10-2012 by UltraMarine because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Broken vertebra in a failed suicide attempt ?
Any thought

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   
So now she cares about her family? She should have thought of them before killing 2 innocent children and trying to kill herself.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by UltraMarine

Article doesn't say, but if she killed the children in the bathtub I could assume she stabbed herself there as well. Maybe when she fell she broke her vertebrae?

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   
She's a waste of space. Eradicate her.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   
IMO , 3rd party is involved in this case . Broken vertebra in a failed suicide attempt doesn't make sense to me .

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Aeroe

Ignoramus, you were not there.

The thought of her breaking a vertebrate during an attempted suicide via knife, just doesn't seem to make much sense.

This is what we are to be discussing, not her disposal from the human group.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   
The father of the children was involved in a multi-billion dollar lawsuit against the financial industry. I'm not sure of the specifics and don't have time to gather them now, but there's more to this than meets the eye. Female caretakers, long trusted, do not all of a sudden 'snap' and murder little children, and then attempt suicide when the mother returns home. This smacks of a hypnotic suggestion killing, MK Ultra. Like the Aurora killings, something is very wrong here. I believe the same technique was used with Mark Chapman (John Lennon killer) and with Reagan's attempted assassination, where the shooter was the son of a Bush family friend (if he had succeeded, Bush would have ascended to the presidency).

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   
This thread is a good read to understand the interest in her now being awake...interested to see if she claims she did not do it.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Am I the only one thinking that she's asking about her family because maybe someone threatened to kill her family unless she killed those kids? Makes sense to me...

Woops, did not mean to reply to you alone, apologies!
edit on 29-10-2012 by JustLikeSuperman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   

She cut the throat of the 2 year old boy, apparently the 6 year old was screaming loud enough about it that the neighbor heard it (but didn't do anything), then apparently she killed the 6 year old and then attempted to cut her own throat. I'd say the broken vertebra was a combo of the knife and subsequent fall.

I'm glad she didn't die, hopefully they'll be able to get some kind of answers from her. If she dies after the answers, I'm fine with that, and the more gruesome the better, but it will be nice for the family to at least get a chance to ask why.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by JustLikeSuperman

Am I the only one thinking that she's asking about her family because maybe someone threatened to kill her family unless she killed those kids? Makes sense to me...

Exactly , you stole my mind . I was thinking the same .

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by signalfire
...there's more to this than meets the eye. This smacks of a hypnotic suggestion killing, MK Ultra. Like the Aurora killings, something is very wrong here. I believe the same technique was used with Mark Chapman (John Lennon killer) and with Reagan's attempted assassination

Chip Tatum (former CIA assassin) did an interview with Ted Gunderson where he exposed how the CIA covers up assassinations (both have since been "eliminated").

I suspect that this technique is being used to cover up many "murders" and that these two men paid with their lives for exposing some of these things:

This video presents one of the most provocative interviews ever conducted by Ted Gunderson, a retired FBI Senior Special Agent. It is with Gene "Chip" Tatum, a former CIA black ops assassin...

Truth serum (Voodoo drug, buradenga) was used extensively for years by the CIA to cover up assassinations.

Heart attack drugs: "Thats why the coroners always report these as heart attacks, there is no poison that shows up."

Black Ops Operative Chip Tatum Interviewed by Ted Gunderson

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by JustLikeSuperman

That doesn't make any sense to me. If somebody threatens your family, are you going to respond by killing another family and then yourself to ensure their safety? That's...quite a reach.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   
If my children/family were threatened to be murdered, if I didnt kill some other kids. Then I would try and save my family. I would`nt be able to live with myself after murdering 2 children. So yes I would kill myself. Perhaps that is what happened. Lets see what the woman says, before we all jump on her and write her off as some crazy woman.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Nobody is going to ask a woman to kill the children she cares for. That's absolutely the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   
This entire story is just disturbingly odd, and of course tragic.

Broken vertebrae, that's hard to understand. Along with reports that the home was dark when the mother got there.

Family of the nanny is claiming that she was "not herself" in the days leading up to this:

hosted.ap.org...

Hard to make any kind of sense of this whole thing.

She saw that the apartment was dark and returned to the lobby to ask the doorman if the nanny and kids had gone out, he said.

The doorman said no, and she returned to the apartment to make the grisly discovery, he said.

A neighbor heard the mother's screams and called 911, police said.

A neighbor quoted in The New York Times said she could hear "bloodcurdling screams" from a woman in the apartment.

She said she also could hear the building's superintendent, who had arrived on the scene, yelling: "You slit her throat! You slit her throat!"

www.buenosairesherald.com...

Who was the superintendent yelling at?
edit on 30-10-2012 by VariableConstant because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by VariableConstant

Okay, let's see, I'll start here: (just my ramblings)

-How many women come home (to their own home) and find that it's dark, and then leave to go ask
someone if they have seen her family? I don't like it. My suspicion? The woman was fearful about
who could be in her apartment. Why? Possible threats?

Okay, so now...
-How many women who are Pediatric Doctors would hire a dopefiend-looking old woman to take care
of her kids? Someone who was not cleared by any agency? (Was she the one bringing the coc aine
to the party?) Hey, we sure moved far away from Granny so we could do our own thing!

And, last, but not least...why would a Pediatric Doctor find that, after having two children, that she can
no longer handle her family because of the third child...even though she does not work? Has she
suffered some kind of 'breakdown'?

Oh, Oh, wait...why would a Nanny who was being so 'well paid' have financial problems that cause her
to lose her apartment? And why does she go around selling cheap cosmetics, even though she is so
tired, cause she works 12 hours per day? Who works 12 hours per day, gets treated 'just like family'
and can't afford to keep a Bronx apartment? (Was it the coc aine? That stuff is expensive!)

Sniff, Sniff, Sniff...I smell Cocaine! Any good dealer will tell you he never 'indulges', cause when the dealer parties with his/her customers...all hell breaks loose!

Something sure ain't right... and that's all I have to say about that!

(One article says they loved the Nanny so much they gave her an Ann Taylor jacket for Christmas...could
the Nanny have done it because she hated that jacket?)

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   
If she had received Selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitors from her shrink that would explain it. Those drugs have been associated with numerous acts of explosive, inexplicable violence. The only question is why there has been no class-action lawsuit against the drug makers..

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by starviego

The only question is why there has been no class-action lawsuit against the drug makers..

Because the cases are unwinnable. The patients receiving psychotherapy and mind- or mood-altering drugs are not going to get a fair trial. The doctors and drug-makers will point to the past behavior and concern that landed them in treatment in the first place.

The lawsuits are just extremely difficult to establish cause and effect relationships. It works as a defense for a crime, but it doesn't work as the basis for a lawsuit.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join