It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Here's the Real Explanation of ET -- Not What You're Expecting

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Strong ideas to give one such certainty regarding futures which logic alone can not by definition ever prove.

Technology exists right now, for us as physical beings, to travel to other star systems, and we do...

Computer probes were the first logical step but they operate for us without experience as these are a facsimile and not the master.

That is, seeing the rose in a book is dissimilar to holding it in your hands...so yes, there is an easily surmised logical reason why physical beings would star travel - to hold the rose!

This is fallacious to contend on the basis of technological prowess and ability - because its really about experience!

∞LOVE
mayallsoulsbefree∞

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by RedDragon

Originally posted by antar
I have seen them, they are live and just as much a part of the physical world as we are.

You haven't. They wouldn't be biological. Biology can't match a trillionth of the sentience will be able to develop before we develop interstellar technologies. When we merge with computers, our biological intelligence will be to our future-selves less than a microbial bacteria is to us now. If we're interacting with biological aliens, they're retarded or something.
edit on 10/28/12 by RedDragon because: (no reason given)

it was at this point that I switched off and disregarded everything you'd taken the time to type. You know no more than anyone else, yet you act as if you have the answers. FAIL

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   
I really think that those mass-effect likes universe really do existed ! ... maybe it sound funny ...but really there must be some balance point for these " alien civilization " ...

KennyX

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by RedDragon

Originally posted by RedDragon

2) Why do the ones that people 'see' appear biological? We're going to have a technological singularity this century hopefully and computers will exceed human intelligence trillion-folds and more. Obviously, humanity will morph into or just be taken over by computer intelligences. When we go to other stars, it won't be as biological creatures. It will be as computers. An ET star-traveling civilization will no question have gone through this transformation already. ETs coming here will be computers. No one currently claiming to see ET is really seeing them; if they are, they're insane or being lied to.

Are you kidding me? There are indeed biological aliens. Just because some have sold their souls to the technological agenda doesn't mean that all will. In fact, there are some aliens that are on a mission just to prevent this.

Peace, do not be deceived.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   

I say your "real"explanation is false. Living beings don't want their computers doing their living for them.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Who are you to claim what is and what is not.
I dont know if aliens are real, id sure like to know if all thoose U.F.O accounts is just nazis in space-mobiles...
Either way, your simple "process" of elimination, really proves nothing.
Whos to say they even use the same materials as us, whos to say they are even carbon based life-forms?...
Maybe they use crystals as "computers"... Whos to say... Certainly not you

Theory is a theory, dismissing others first hand experiences is a whole other story.
And yes im well aware that 95% of alien encounters is because of sleep paralysis, i experienced that atleast.
And read alot of accounts, that sounded VERY VERY much like sleep paralysis.
Either way, my guess is there is aliens, be they figments of our imagination is a whole other story.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 01:06 AM
link   

That is a very well rounded theory, and I agree with most of it. However when you say they are not biological " even despite witnesses testimony" out of all of these reported contacts... I am still unsure. But a form of AI would be the most logical choice. And yet space exploration is not the same from proxy. It's much more profound to meet another species in person. However they could very well be a biological drone but a construct that does not decay like human flesh would over time. Maybe or should i say probably, that we would not know a alien if we ran in to one on the side walk or we just would not be able to identify ET in a million years since we have nothing to reference it to. We have millions of species on this planet alone. If ET was a cetian species we would never know would we? Or if ET was almost microscopic, or even seemingly an insect ? Maybe many ET civilizations have been here the whole time.

But yeah I think you have a good idea there, i always thought radio communication is a moot attempt to communicate with a civilization that would take thousands of years to pick up our transmissions of the honeymooners. If anything nuclear detonations would make a better beacon. But again the variables of time and reaching it's target is a shot in the dark. SETI wont be the one to make first contact imo. It just seems more then ever scouts have been making some contacts here and there, perhaps a precursor to something more. Maybe they don't travel from point A to point B in a linear distance. Hence worm hole theory or some other means we have yet to even fathom. People tend to think "what humans would do, if we don't have the means they do not either" ... one would think ET would be indifferent and extremely misunderstood.
edit on 30-10-2012 by DarthFazer because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 01:26 AM
link   
They are called the Borg.

I really do not know how to take your post.

You speak of logic, but are being quite illogical

Excuse me I am programmed to go back to the recent post page. My simulation here is over.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   
I doubt any sane civilization would try and simulate something of a huge magnitude like an entire universe or at least a society. If we are in a simulation, what is death then? Even our death will be a simulation so we don't ever get to see the 'real' reality.

This can be argued both ways. If our life is a simulation or a played out one, then death could be your answer to the real 'reality'.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   

I love your logic, but I don't agree that aliens have to appear as robots. In fact, they may have something even better than robots. Like a way to move the mind without a material body.

Also take into account that aliens might "wear" biological bodies to interact with us.

Also consider that aliens might hold onto biological bodies out of respect for tradition and history. They may in fact have something better, but keep the biological bodies as a token to the past.

And the whole idea that if aliens have populated our galaxy then they must be visible to us, doesn't float my boat. There's no guarantee that aliens have to be immediately obvious to us.

But other than that, I agree that this could be some sort of simulation. However, it might not be the sort of simulation you're thinking of. Maybe it's just a thought, for example? What do I mean by that? I mean that maybe we (and our universe) exist in the mind of a much vaster intelligence.

If large areas of our universe don't actually exist and are instead rough predictions of what should be there or just plain illusion then it makes the simulation argument even more compelling. There're examples of this. I believe there's some evidence that our universe is ordered like the pixels on a screen. There's also some evidence that our universe isn't discrete until it's observed. However, it's assumed to exist before we measure because... once we measure it the math says that it must. This adds to the notion of local causality - of cause and effect. However, how can something pre-exist in a non-discrete form? The math says it's there... And common sense says it's there... Fundamentally, Quantum Mechanics seems to say that reality is reality because math and common sense says so. I mean, just think, everything around us has a discrete form that comes from.... a mixed form?

But I think your 1/infinity is a shaky contribution to your argument. We don't KNOW that this is the only reality. Similarly, we don't KNOW we can simulate this reality. Also consider that to simulate this reality the user must also completely forget their REAL self and be fully submerged into the virtual. Until you can give me an example of a simulated universe similar to this one that has all of its characteristics AND can rule out the existence of other REAL universes, I will tell you that your 1/infinity is based on some assumptions and is little better than a religion.

But I'll admit that any take on this issue is just an opinion. We simply do not know enough about this universe or the potential of simulations to be sure about anything relating to your argument.
edit on 30-10-2012 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   
An alternate explanation involves torsional waves that affect all matter at 10 to the 9th power times the speed of light or virtually instantaneously. This makes communication virtually instantaneous across the universe. Torsional energy is the fifth force of nature and explains all things spiral, i.e., DNA strands, orbits, galaxies, pine cones, nautilus shells, and the brains pineal gland just to name a few. Aliens can and are traveling along torsional waves. And since T-waves enable all matter to communicate with all other matter instantaneously making all matter self aware. This in turn means that all possible simulation scenarios have already been played out given finite matter and infinite time. For a good explanation of this concept read David Crawford’s book – “Delta G”. Check out gypsypublications.com

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 04:50 AM
link   

Would the implied intelligent designers include features that dictated one limestone block would erode at a different rate to another? Might they insert some coding whereby some autumn leaves fall later than others?

A randomisation factor would sort that one out......and let's not forget that any computer software created by intelligences millions of years ahead of us would be so advanced and complex that it would seem like magic to us.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 05:18 AM
link   
We don't see aliens because our simulation doesn't include them.

What if, because it's nearing this 2012... and supposedly everything is accelerating, maybe our hopeful collective cognition generates ETs. Maybe this world is information, which is created by our mind.
edit on 31-10-2012 by cbankord because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   
That is why SETI has truned up nothing, using radio to search for signals. It is obvious from the NASA videos that they operate in the upper levels of the electromagnetic spectrum.............UV light and GAMMA, even lower like INFRARED.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Aliens visit this planet like fingers in a Bowling-Ball.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   
They.....meaning the aliens, have made contact....just not with everything and everyone.Their purpose for being here is their own..Resources,Food,Water,Elements for Fuel possibly more.I'm glad everyone here on ATS is an elite member of a hidden alien society that they know all this....lmao. In truth this has happened a long time ago,it's happening now....and long after our failed experiment is gone they will still be here...or maybe a few million light years away...i don't know to be exact...maybe do to the fact I'm a human stuck in this time and dimension

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 02:20 AM
link   

machines at the most will only be like puppets unless there's a biological brain in there.

Simulations don't know anything period. They only appear to be alive to YOU, the LIVE observer. Just more puppetry.

you presume too much

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Your un-experienced opinion does not equal a REAL EXPLANATION.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by reject

machines at the most will only be like puppets unless there's a biological brain in there.

Simulations don't know anything period. They only appear to be alive to YOU, the LIVE observer. Just more puppetry.

you presume too much

What's more sentient about carbon than silicon? A pile of brain goop (probably) isn't conscious.

It's not the material that gives sentience. It's the structure. Of course, this point is moot since free choice doesn't/ can't exist.
edit on 11/2/12 by RedDragon because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join