It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Question About Zombies

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   
So this afternoon I was thinking about zombies, and the possibility of an unknown outbreak, etc. and got to thinking. There are so many theories as to how fast they would move and there are all kinds of movies that show sluggish slow moving zombies and others that show them as fast moving, human capable speeds, but in all movies they seem to be portrayed as normal human strength. You see live humans struggling to fight them off which is consistent with a normal strengthed human. With this we can assume that the popular theory is that zombies maintain the strength they had when they were "alive". In my mind this would settle the fact that they are also capable of faster movement. In my mind if the zombie were slow and sluggish the muscles would be as well.

Now, taking this into consideration I got to thinking about all those reports of "super human" strength that is sometimes seen in dire circumstances. The Mother throwing a vehicle off of her child or a person being chased by a dog running across the surface of a pool for example. According to science it is possible for any human to achieve these short bursts of strength in certain circumstances due to the right mix of chemicals in the system because of focused thought of an objective and no thought as to how heavy something is or that the feat is not normally possible.

So lets say, zombies do have normal human strength and therefore speed do you think it is possible that, in their focused intent on feeding, they could possibly achieve this "super zombie" strength and speed? And If you think it could be possible, how would this change your outlook in defending yourself against them.
edit on 28-10-2012 by Agarta because: spelling

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   
We limit ourselves. Take away the mental limitation and your strength is increased ten fold. Ever have a friend who was special? ever get hugged by them? notice how they almost crush your ribcage without even trying?

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Agarta

If a vampire bit a zombie, would the zombie become a vampire or would the vampire become a zombie?

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Either they wont have any strength at all and just try to feed at all costs, or... they'll be BEASTS because our brain puts a cap on our physical capabilities and prolly hurl mopeds at you.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by Agarta

If a vampire bit a zombie, would the zombie become a vampire or would the vampire become a zombie?

None of the above. They both dont have a bloodstream. But vampires would turn beheading zombies into a national sport.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by FraternitasSaturni

None of the above. They both dont have a bloodstream.

In order for an organism to function, cellular activity must be present. Additionally, zombies would have a STAGNANT blood stream...blood pond, if you will. Congealed. But a vampiric virus could possibly jumpstart the cells.

My answer was a new breed of vampires, considering the zombie virus would most likely just mutate the existing vampire virus so that vampires could no longer control their hunger. Especially since vampires are generally depicted as having regenerative powers, taking the whole degeneration problem out of the equation.

Just a fun question.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

I wouldn't think either would have anything to do with each other. Vampires are dead and therefore would not attract the zombies and the zombies have died and are already beginning to rot so to a vampire it would have no interest in them. It would, in my mind, be like a human choosing to drink spoiled milk or eat rancid meat. But, like FraternitasSaturni said I would think the Vampires would turn killing zombies into a national sport for no other reason than to protect their own food supply.

Edit to add: As interesting as the thought may be, what does this have to do with my questions regarding the strength of a zombie?
edit on 28-10-2012 by Agarta because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Agarta

Slow zombies in movies generally represent decay and rigor mortise setting in. Fast moving zombies usually are turned through disease or virus and aren't represented as dead but infected. Therefore they can run at human speeds. While the dead zombies shuffle along.
As for strength that maybe determined on each individual zombie. We have different strength levels as humans. Some are weak as a kitten while others can lift insane amounts of weight. Why would this differ with zombies?
edit on 28-10-2012 by TheLieWeLive because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Agarta

It's just a funny question. If we're going to start a thread about zombies, can't I have some fun with it? Jeesh.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by TheLieWeLive

Agreed I would see the strengths varying very much similar to the human they used to be but as FraternitasSaturni stated, the brain is non functioning and focused on single intent, and therefore the "cap" that the brain imposes on us in life may not be there in a zombie therefore possibly adding to that strength and speed 10 fold.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by FraternitasSaturni

None of the above. They both dont have a bloodstream.

In order for an organism to function, cellular activity must be present. Additionally, zombies would have a STAGNANT blood stream...blood pond, if you will. Congealed. But a vampiric virus could possibly jumpstart the cells.

My answer was a new breed of vampires, considering the zombie virus would most likely just mutate the existing vampire virus so that vampires could no longer control their hunger. Especially since vampires are generally depicted as having regenerative powers, taking the whole degeneration problem out of the equation.

Just a fun question.

You know... while I do understand its a "fun question", it has the possibility of turning into a catastrophe of epic proportions if Uwe Boll is reading this. I hope you understand the danger you're putting us all in... THE HUMANITY.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Agarta

Not really. Building on Fraterns earlier statement, there isn't blood flow. Therefore, no oxygen flow. Therefore, brain dead. That means the necessary chemicals for such an increase in strength aren't triggered. It's just a very slow, very stupid, very dead human being.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Absolutely I have no issues or I would have reported it as off topic rather than asking. Its all good no worries I was just wanting a thought on the questions I posed. By all means it is actually pertinent in my mind as many of the "Monsters" if real would band together to fight the zombie hordes. Humans for their lives and warewolves and vampires for their food supply.

Edit to add: Now that I think about it a zombie with the regenitive powers of a vampire would be a scary thought indeed not to mention the speed, agility, etc.
edit on 28-10-2012 by Agarta because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   
All I know is, if "zombies" or the "infected" are anything like the ones in the Left 4 Dead games...we are F###ed.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Me? I'm on the side of the zombies. You never see them falling prey to shiny things and dogmatic division. So what you refer to as a zombie apocalypse... I see as the beginnings of a perfect world.

~Heff

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by zonetripper2065

Wow that makes so much sense, except the part about it being backed up by nothing.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   
we the proud members of ats are just praying and waiting for the zombie Apocalyspe to happen or just maybe it already has since a lot of peeps are addticted to ats , facebook and the likes .. think on that for a sec...

pease my fellow zombies ... dont try to eat each other .. ...

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

Me? I'm on the side of the zombies. You never see them falling prey to shiny things and dogmatic division. So what you refer to as a zombie apocalypse... I see as the beginnings of a perfect world.

~Heff

my man heff, how ya doing bro?
read my reply here you ll love it ...

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Agarta

Actually, I have a different theory on zombies, but to answer your question, they would have the strength and speed of a wild animal, which would feature the equivalent of slightly enhanced abilities.

My zombie is a person devoid of emotion, reduced to survival mode. Festering sores, constant hunger, feeding from primitive instincts, and bereft of rational thought. Imagine an insane person, having lost all aspects of humanity, living wild.

Then, multiply that by the numbers of folks who lose everything after the collapse. They would band together like wolf packs, destroying everything just to eat.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join