It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ben Swann and the Media's NDAA Problem

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Ben Swann, giving a private lecture some where, talks about how the NDAA not only got approved by POTUS but is fully endorsed by said POTUS. Ben also discusses that the MSM doesn't seem to be going after this issue. I know many of us are aware of this fact I just wanted to bring it up again for those new readers out there who may be catching up

And lets not forget, Indefinite Detention for Americans to be reauthorized for the NDAA 2013!

edit on 28-10-2012 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   
I'd like to hear Obama's stance on it now. Clearly, if actions are speaking loudly enough, we know his stance already... But hearing his side would be interesting, now that he has gone against his word persistently for almost a year.

As Swann says in the video, not many people are going to have heard of this, even still. Obama lawyers wouldn't answer when asked by a judge whether or not Section 1021 has been in use? Man, why don't we see questions relevant to this stuff in the dog'n'pony show debates?

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   
I say we all get together, march on our state capitals, and throw all of these would be tryants in jail! Than we continue marching all the way to DC and throw all those would be tyrants in jail also, trying them all for treason and sedition, on capital charges.

Then we try the POTUS for the murder of Americans and let him ride the lightning, just like all the other murderers deserve.

Just my 2 cents.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   
This is why I'm voting for Gary Johnson.

Gotta wonder why FOX and Friends never talk about this crap.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Sek82

Funny enough, Ben Swann asked the POTUS that very question but as you would expect the answer POTUS gave was your typical BS politician response, drawn out and lacked substance.

edit on 28-10-2012 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

Yeah me too, Gary all the way.

I wouldn't ever count on Fox and Friends to report on anything substantial

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by inverslyproportional

Can't say I disagree with anything you said. The problem is you need to garner the support of the American people and right now many are dumb, deaf, and blind.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

So the POTUS responds to Ben Swann saying "yeah I don't agree with the NDAA but I had to sign it, they made me. Oh and trust me I won't ever actually use the power I signed into effect". And then he spoke another 5 minutes about stuff.
edit on 28-10-2012 by crawdad1914 because: Spelling

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

Obama, "I've argued that we should actually close Guantanamo."

No Mr. President; you campaigned on it as a promise in 2008.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Seriously, if there is a better journalist out there asking the big questions in a more concise,non partisan and professional manner than Ben Swann I want to know. That dude rocks!!

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Since the subject of Guantanamo was brought up I have a question. I seem to remember that the proposal to close it was blocked by either the senate or congress now I don’t know if the POTUS could have overridden that decision by executive order or something along those lines however I do remember for a period of time there was talk about where to move the prisoners after that.

The reports I have seen on the matter always came down to there wasn’t a town or prison that would take them so in essence it was blocked that way as well. I guess the POTUS could sign another executive order forcing a prison and town to take them at that point but wouldn’t that have generated outcry from the legislative branch if not other places like the town they would have been forced on?

There just doesn’t seem to be any easy answers in this mess and I certainly hope it can be resolved in the near future. I have considered Guantanamo may become like Spandau Prison and close only after the last prisoner dies like Rudolf Hess died in 1987.

I have more questions than answers on this matter I do not even know if the POTUS could have forced an executive order on this issue maybe someone else on here would know the answer.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   
See, I don't get it. Why can't a guy like Swann go for President? Dude is so straight-shooting and so good at explaining complex things in simple ways, who couldn't get behind that? Nevermind the whole "powers that be" stuff, I mean just in general, isn't this guy awesome or what?

top topics

join