It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There is no 'Third Eye'

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   
We are created with two eyes...or...we evolved from something with two eyes, to reconcile both sides.

english.people.com.cn...

Imagine a creature with three eyes,even an imaginary one,

That will be a monster.

It would definitely look ugly even with an imaginary third eye.

I know that those who believe in the third eye they believe that is the psychic center of something and mystical Chakra and esoteric concept...so on.

But if we evolved from something then even the monkeys should have a third eye.

We cannot say i opened my third ear'

or

'I opened it and the third nostril'...

...I mean an imaginary one..of course.

So, we better stay with two eyes as we were created or as we evolved.

www.touristiklinks.de...

Oh, of course you can call negative energies(evil) and name them The Third Eye,but that is something else, another story in another forum.

:
edit on 28-10-2012 by piequal3because14 because: Too ugly

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Even wiki begs to differ. en.wikipedia.org...

It's a chakra or energy vortex. Some say it's connected to the penial gland. Just because you can't see it doesn't mean it doesn't exsist

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Wifibrains

It's a chakra or energy vortex. Some say it's connected to the penial gland. Just because you can't see it doesn't mean it doesn't exsist
If it's a vortex then it must be positive,still I do not understand how a gland can do such things.

I know that glands are for other regulating functions of different organs the pineal gland must regulate an organ in our body...I guess.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by piequal3because14

Um...there's a reason the 'third eye' is also called the 'inner eye'.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Don't you dream?

What do you think your visualizing things in your mind with when you dream?

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   
I've got a third eye, I have an extra round small spot in my left eye that resembles an iris. They have a name for those things but it's more fun calling it a third eye.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   

S&F, mate. Not enough New Agers realize that.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Um...there's a reason the 'third eye' is also called the 'inner eye'
Then I must have one.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by ElOmen

Certainly not a third eye, as I have two eyes in my dreams.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by swan001

But your eyes are closed when you're sleeping! So what eyes are you using to see? How can you visualize anything if you can't see?
edit on 28-10-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   

I'm sure you do, but you clearly haven't found it.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   

SHHH! You are ruining it for those that want to pretend to believe they have a third eye. Oops, gotta go. My six bladders are full!

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

I don't know, what eyes am I using, AfterInfinity?

Dreams are when your brain hallucinates due to extreme relaxation and it starts "seeing" things because these hallucination do not need the presence of any eyes, may it be two physical eyes or third eyes.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   
I f you truly believe that you evolved from a monkey, then you wouldn't be likely to believe in any of the esoteric or spiritual concepts behind the Chakras or psychic centers.
As far as that goes, do you have any proof that monkeys don't possess any of these traits?

There are many instances of people who can and do have the ability to "see" through what we call the Third Eye.
It is an easy Google search and studying. If you have any faith at all, then you too will realize your lack of knowledge on the subjects.

You are right that we don't call it a third ear, but Clairaudience.

Clairaudience

Clairalience is a form of extra-sensory perception that enables the gifted person to receive psychic or paranormal information by means of ‘psychic smelling’. It is, however, important to note that a person with this ability does not smell any real odors.
Clairalience

Psychics with this spiritual gift are able to smell beyond the normal smelling sense. There is no physical source for such a smell, and other people in the room would usually not smell anything, unless they are also gifted.

There are many others that we are born with but most people tend to lose these abilities as we get older due to persons who "train" or as I believe, brainwash these children to believe there is no such thing.

If you believe it, it can be re-learned and again, some never do this because of the brainwashing that is mostly forced upon us through the Christian religion, but also others. Once we open up and realize that we have been being programmed by them so that we will be "easy to deal with", there is much more to ours minds and senses than you could ever dream possible. I'm sorry, but closed minded individuals are one of the biggest problems we face if you wish to evolve spiritually...
And I tend to get angry at people like this. I don't wish to start an argument, just what I know to be truth by personal experience.

Thanks for bringing this up

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by ElOmen

Don't you dream?
I dream but with a part of my brain that is active only when I sleep and in the morning it makes connections with some other 'daylight' neuronal centers to visualize what we dream at night.

I see with my mind not with a "third Eye" when I sleep.

But who knows...

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Third Eye is the nickname for your mind..... your imagination,.,.,.,.,. it should be called your first eye because without it your eyes would be useless,,, because even people blind from birth can "visualize", or depict their interpretation of reality to an extent with their mind,,,and i believe this internal command center of consciousness and sensory data ( mind),, is primary in "conscious" creatures,,, some of which,, and possibly the earliest of which,, did not have what we know as external eyes..

so maybe opening 3rd eye means opening ones mind? learning to use the mind in a different and new way,, build a connection with ones mind?

there is also relation to the pituitary gland i believe,,,because it is active during meditation,, and i dont know too much about it but i believe thats what people say is left over from evolution and not completely understood,, it releases hormones i think and other chemicals,, its what people fear is calcified by fluoride in the water and other bad diet,, From personal experience there have been a few times in my life where what i believe was my pituitary gland ,, was in a way throbbing,,, not with pain,, but with activity,.,. this was during deep meditation once,, and i believe this may be related to the concept of opening ones 3rd eye,, for when i was in that state the physical feeling of existing was like nothing ive felt before,,, it was like a natural drug,, or perhaps what the Buddhists would refer to as, at least a state of nirvana,
edit on 28-10-2012 by ImaFungi because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by EdwynaGolden

As far as that goes, do you have any proof that monkeys don't possess any of these traits?
I don't have any proof about the monkeys but,

I will ask my dog.

Thanks for bringing this up

And kindly thank you for explaining how things work with this third eye.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by swan001

. Not enough New Agers realize that
Yep that it is the point, but still this is what debate is for.

At least I try to understand how these things are working out.

If they exist of course.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by ImaFungi

Third Eye is the nickname for your mind..... your imagination,.,.,.,.,. it should be called your first eye because without it your eyes would be useless
I don't wanna argue with you ImaFungi but why we should open something that we are born with, our mind ,and is evolving from when we were born till we die

then

why we need this third eye!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join