It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hurricane Sandy Issue

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

It's not the moon by itself that is the problem. When the moon is full or new it is also aligned with the sun so full gravitational force is being exerted on the Earth. The other thing to consider is the orbit of the planets. They are represented as circular but they are actually elliptical so the distance of the moon does change as it orbits around the Earth and the sun, the closer it is the higher the tide. When the moon is at it's apogee (furthest point) tides are lower and at it's perigee (closest point) tides are higher.

Others have explained it better, but i was just trying to keep it simple.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by spinalremain

He would just go into transformations when the earth is full instead.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Reply to post by EllaMarina

He would transform when the Earth is full, but what would his default state be? Wolf or man?

Im thinking he would be a wolfman most of the time, but when the Earth is full he turns back into an accountant or something. Right?

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by spinalremain

It's hard to say. Folklore logic would seem to dictate that he turns into a wolf during the usual full moon, as always, but that assumes that something being full in the sky isn't the be-all end-all default. If it is, then he is only a wolf when the earth is full, and then he gets to enjoy the sight of the nighttime earth as a cognizant accountant.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 01:49 AM
link   
Wow.

Thank you ALL for the answers. I know it's a rather simple question but it was always one that bothered me.

So it's the aspect of the moons position and the fact that it happens to be full is entirely coincidental.

You all are brilliant!

Thanks!

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by spinalremain
If we are made up of lots of wawa then why wouldn't it affect us?

A lot of people seem to have the idea that the moon and sun gravitation only affects water, to create tides.

Fact - the tidal gravitation pull affects everything. Land, grass, trees, water, pizzas, cars, books, sunglasses, and small radio control cars. Water is not special.

Its just that the large masses of water we call oceans are more flexible, and we humans can see the result more clearly. Land goes up and down too, just that its small enough to not be seen.
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

All the people turning to werewolves in the full moon draw the energy out of the environment. This causes the water to be attracted to the land, energy going towards lack of energy. I still wonder why people turning to bunnies has never become a legendary tale? Maybe because bunnies have short tails?

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
reply to post by beezzer

All the people turning to werewolves in the full moon draw the energy out of the environment. This causes the water to be attracted to the land, energy going towards lack of energy. I still wonder why people turning to bunnies has never become a legendary tale? Maybe because bunnies have short tails?

The reason that very few know about the were-bunnies is very simple.

(We don't leave witnesses)

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
The reason that very few know about the were-bunnies is very simple.
(We don't leave witnesses)

I saw a documentary about these creatures some years back...

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

That's a rather good question. Perhaps it is the alignment, or the orbital pattern? I think I may research this.

However, there does seem to be a subconscious thought that the full moon has a mysterious and almost 'magical' sense to it. I know a person who does pagan rituals when the moon is full. While I'm not necessarily that devout, it is interesting to read the different beliefs and thoughts between the cultures about the effects of a full moon.
edit on 28-10-2012 by Transitarian because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join