It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Top 10 reasons to vote Obama out of office

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmiec
You should edit it to the top 100 reasons not to vote for him. I could probably fill that in for you.

This article from last March has 218......

what else can be added since then !!

There was recently a post on Forbes going around the Internet called “218 reasons to vote for Obama.” In the interest of fairness and equality I thought it would be helpful to provide 218 reasons not to vote for Obama, and unlike many of the exaggerated or deceptive or completely inaccurate reasons in the original list, I am providing linked citations for every one of my claims.

I tried to avoid sensational and activist blogs and websites and stick to reputable sources. I avoided distractions about birth certificates or quotes from Michelle; I avoided many strong philosophical disagreements I have with President Obama (with the major exception of #71); I avoided connections to Jeremiah Wright or Bill Ayers or anything in Obama’s past. I primarily stuck to things that Obama and his administration have done or not done from his presidential campaign through his first presidential term, highlighting the kinds of things that liberals hated about Bush but grudgingly accept in Obama. These are the kinds of things that I reasonably expect would continue with four more years of Obama, and as such are good reasons not to vote for him......................

218 reasons NOT to vote for Obama

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Top 1 reasons to not vote for Mitt Romney

1. Mitt Romney

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Some of your top tens are debatable if you are unbiased and just look at data. However, though you didn't list my biggest concerns...you did list Obamacare.

My personal reasons are continuing the patriot act, NDAA and HR347.

Those are good enough for me. The problem is...Romney agrees with them and supports them. So I will not be putting my voice or my vote behind either of these liberty and freedom stripping turds.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by YourWIFI

It's true.
I almost don't care who anyone votes for as long as it isn't republican.
That is just shooting yourself in the foot.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Athin

Originally posted by newcovenant
reply to post by xuenchen

I think most of us already voted and you are speaking to the remainder who don't have any transportation to the election headquarters and they can't get the day off from work because their boss thinks they are going to vote Obama anyway. Welcome to Putins Russia.

Actually they just pushed through something that said bosses HAVE to let employees get time off to vote. As long as it's a reasonable time frame. The problem with that is a lot of people will take it as an excuse to take an 8 hour break.

A lot or a couple? I know people who milk the clock but not too many who'll give up that hourly if somebody is going to pay them. Take too many breaks and your replacement gets your job. What worker doesn't know that? None.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by steve704
Vote the murderer out of office! ROMNEY is the only true shot we have. voting a third party only takes away from the only shot. only 1 shot here folks!

and Enough of defending obama! the man is a monster. throw away your selfish pride and look at your and your neighbors children. you and i, our soldiers morale as confident they are well thought of and protected..

..they do not feel protected. they were stabbed in their backs.

I like your signature...

signature:

Reach for the hand of Christ while you can.. ..certain hell awaits those who do not.

Me ....protect you?

Why should I have to? Where is your God?

Maybe the 2008 election and Obama as President WAS GODS WILL BEING DONE?.

You ever think of that...?
My new friend... the de-stev-er?

edit on 28-10-2012 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   
He lacks a regular connection to childern and that beneficial influence 24/7 on him is seriously effects his charater and decision making.
Compare the Romney family to the Obama family after the debate ended.

It's been four years his post election speech. In it he was completly silent when the little Black boy asked, "President Obama, we need help?"

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   
these reasons are incredibly vague, most are definitely debatable

I laughed at 8, though.

it'd be much easier for me to vote for mitt romney if I were in fact voting for mitt romney. the mitt romney that ran for governor years ago, one who was a moderate conservative and endorsed romneycare (which obamacare is based off of).

but no, what we have is a slave to his party. a party so desperate to win the election.

two years ago I could proudly say I was conservative, no more
edit on 28-10-2012 by lainvesper because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by newcovenant

I feel bad for you. Just because someone is republican is reason enough NOT to vote for them? I could say the same about democrats... if I were a simpleton. Instead I base my votes on character and actions... not on rhetoric. Voting for someone just because they have a D or R beside their name is ignorant. This is what your closed mind can't comprehend.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   
I'm still not voting for either of them, and no amount of pressure, attempted shaming, claims that my "voice won't matter" if I don't vote, or assertions that I "better not complain later" if I don't vote, will change that. I urge everyone to vote (or not vote) based solely upon their own information and conscience.

Peace.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 09:29 PM
link   

I feel bad for you. Just because someone is republican is reason enough NOT to vote for them?

The official stance of the Republican Party on personage and the rights of the unborn, coupled with their unholy alliance with the evangelicals and their views on legitimate rape and God's will is enough for me. But then, add to it Norquist's pledge to promise not to let the Bush tax cuts expire and I'd say that's the straw that broke my Republican camels back.
[

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   
1. Jobs not being created
Jobs ARE being created....way to just ignore the facts.

2. Debt crisis spiraling
Here's a good point....but Romney hasn't offered a real solution to fix it....
his plan is to LOWER taxes, and RAISE military spending, and keep Medicare and SS the same.
That would make the debt WORSE!!!!! He's proposed to cut SOME discretionary spending, BUT that only makes up like 10% of the total national budget.

You make a good point about the debt, but Romney's stated plans will only make it worse.

3. Obamacare outrages
I think Obamacare is just fine. It's just you think anything the guy does is outrageous...

4. Foreign policy unraveling
You people are blowing out a little event and blowing it WAAAAY out of proportion. Just four people died. It's not like all of our bases in the middle east were destroyed.

5. Economic anemia
The economy is improving. Don't let the facts get in the way tho.

6. Class warfare rhetoric
NOT AT ALL. Just because Fox News says there's class warfare rhetoric doesn't mean it's true. In fact, if Fox news says it, it's probably not true. I've listened to Obama's exact words, and he NEVER uses "class warfare" rhetoric. If anything, it's the corporate run republicans who will wage warfare against YOU!

7. Partisan politics
Again, it's totally the republicans here. Obama has tried to work with republicans, but they deny anything he does. I don't like to reward babies for bad behavior.

8. No more Biden
So? Biden's a man who speaks his mind. I'd rather have that than some fake ass liar.

9. Clean house of incompetents
This is just a vague emotionally charged propaganda slogan, that I can't really counter because it's so vague.

10. No plan for future
No, you just deny it.
edit on 28-10-2012 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)

If i believed anything about the system....Obama is the clear winner. Romney is obviously a corporate shill who will say anything to get elected, and has NO real plan to fix America, other than saying he will fix it.
But really, it doesn't matter who you vote for, the system's a joke, and if you fall for it you are a moron, but if you fall for the republican side of the fake system, you are a double moron.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen
Top 10 reasons to vote Obama out of office

10. 'Birther'
9. Tea Party
8. Rape babies
7. 'Autonomic uteri' that abort unwanted rape babies
6. The "choice" of homosexuality
5. God's choice of rape babies
4. War mongering
3. Richer rich makes more jobs for the poor
2. Government for the 53%
1. Bush amnesia

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheLieWeLive

What the GOP did to Ron Paul is that reason I will never look at a Republican presidential nominee with respect again. The GOP showed me just how manipulative they are. Democrats too. Both of those tyrannical parties have lost my respect.

I'm surprised Rand Paul has not spoken out more against the treatment of his fathers delegates at the RNC. Actually I'm not certain he has spoken out at all. I'm starting to question wether he can continue his fathers legacy working within the GOP I hear too many partisins pundits speak well of him and that worries me. I never heard Republican cheerleaders speaking well of Ron Paul, he has allways been a thorn in their side. I hope I'm wrong but I don't feel as confident in Rand as I once did, I question wether he can stay true to his principles, will he cave in to further his political career?

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen

1. Jobs not being created

2. Debt crisis spiraling

3. Obamacare outrages

4. Foreign policy unraveling

5. Economic anemia

6. Class warfare rhetoric

7. Partisan politics

8. No more Biden

9. Clean house of incompetents

10. No plan for future

1. And republicans are going to create jobs that pay? No they are not!
Some must have 2 jobs to get by. That will work fine for the 1% but not the rest.
see: Wage slavery
2. It will keep doing that with Romney in power, and you know it.
3. There's no such thing. Stop watching FOX.
4. Rep. shouldn't be alowed to even say that anymore - foreign policy. Not after Bush.
5. What? Is that a new way of saying Reaganism?
6. The right is scared of rhetoric? Grow up.
7. Partisan politics - is there any other? It's not contradictio in terminis.
8. What-ever
At least he ain't pro-rape. (That's right - BURN republicans... BURN!)
9. One house before all needs cleaning - The United States House of Representatives. ...cesspool...
10. Is there a single republican who can see beyond the quarterly report? Why that be a 5 year plan and that's... that's... COMMUNISM!!

Don't expect a plan for the future from democrats or republicans. They all think that stuff is up to the free market.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   
I have a question for ATS mods, super mods and those who developed T&C.

Why does this pic remain,

Originally posted by newcovenant

While this one gets removed for being off topic?

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro

Well if you don't get the difference, I feel sorry for you.
Talk to your mom or dad or maybe a teacher. They can explain it to you.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Summerian

They should either both be true, both BS or both deemed off topic.
They should both be treated equally yet are not.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   

I feel bad for you. Just because someone is republican is reason enough NOT to vote for them? I could say the same about democrats... if I were a simpleton. Instead I base my votes on character and actions... not on rhetoric. Voting for someone just because they have a D or R beside their name is ignorant. This is what your closed mind can't comprehend.

No.... YOU cannot follow the money and do your math and understand there IS a party "exclusively" supporting old money, the ruling classes, big business and the millionaires running them. Guess which one it is? I'll give you a hint. They vote against, women, minorities, the individual, and the worker every time. Do you honesty think there WOULDN'T BE? Are you going to honestly say you can't see it? That's my definition of naive. They didn't raise the minimum wage in a decade. A duh. The deck is stacked against the worker by THEM. Why do you think people hate them?

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Republicans for the most part had control of Congressional Committees from Jan 2001 to Jan 2007.

Unemployment peaked down to 4.4% in Oct 2006 from a high of 6.3% in June 2003.

Democrats took control of Congress in Jan 2007 (the Harry Reid - Nancy Pelosi steam engine).

Unemployment started spiking up since mid 2007.

Maybe no correlation, but why would the "Failed" economic policies from 2001 to 2007 show good results ?

And why on Earth would Republicans be so hell bent on destroying those good results ?

Very confusing. What went wrong ? What changed ?

And can someone explain why the spending deficit showed such a wild increase from 2008 to 2009 ? (A 300% + increase)

The revenue decrease was only $419 billion.

The deficit increase was $954 billion

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join