It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Honest" Opinions on Romney's...er...Obama's Policies

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   
That is sad. Because a lot of people really believed in President Obama. If a candidate I believed in like that had won, I would know all there is to know about him and what he has done while in office. It is not that hard to read up on their policies and read the news every other day. It blows my mind that these people pretend to be behind this man and they really couldn't care less.

Really that's part of the problem. These people act like they support Obama and they are behind him, but it is very superficial. It is dishonest really. I think he went into the office feeling like the nation believed in him and then a week passed and he realized that nobody cared.

It's like we wouldn't know what to do with a good president even if we had one.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   
So far I am seeing a few Obama supporters trying to detract from this thread, but just face facts - Obama is very similar to Romney.

Hard seeing how corrupt the two party system is.....

-----------------

edit:

I see people that say Romney is a warmonger, but so is Obama...and it is sad how uninformed people are.
edit on 28-10-2012 by MidnightTide because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

So do you think most obama supporters are aware of these policies and aprove of them? Because that is just plain scary.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   
"What If America" A Wake Up Call...

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by BrieBird
reply to post by Annee

So do you think most obama supporters are aware of these policies and aprove of them? Because that is just plain scary.

Its a toss up. I live in Arizona and So CA. AZ has a higher population of Latinos and large Native population - - but is still governed by Right Wing White (mostly men). But its beginning to change.

Arizona plays FOX "entertainment" on their Jack-in-the-Box TVs. Local businesses play Rush LOUD over the radio for themselves and their customers.

You can't really have a conversation with these people. All you can do is share FOX "entertainment" talking points.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On a personal level I prefer talking with Obama supporters in SOCA. They seem mostly concerned about Equality and social issues. Women's Rights - - Gay Rights - - etc. They're just more pleasant to talk to.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I do not really discuss my own politics on ATS.

I don't believe ANYONE not directly involved in actual decision making of world affairs has a real clue what it entails. So even those claiming to be knowledgeable in this area are questionable. They believe what they want to believe.

As some say: "Follow the money" - - - well if money is spent in an area that is important to you - - you're gonna be happy. If its spent in an area you don't agree with you're gonna be unhappy. Simple math.

I like Obama because I see him as a methodical thinker. That is what I relate to. He has systematically addressed issues one at a time. I look at what he has accomplished - - not targeted areas he hasn't - - those are still active.

As I say - - my avatar represents perspective "Am I looking in or am I looking out?"

Everyone has a base perspective. That perspective could be FOX "entertainment". That perspective could come from listening to your neighbor. That perspective could be listening to your pastor. That perspective could be believing Obama is a Liberal - - when in fact he is more Centrist.

Seems to me Obama and Romney's biggest oppositions are Social and Religious.

So "Man on the Street"? People are going to believe what they want. No matter who they support or don't.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by zange

True. and what does this say for obama supporters? by supporting this fraud, they hurt themselves in truth and they hurt everyone else because of this selfish act of holding on to this string of pride.

if obama wins this, im very concerned for this nation. our troops will have lost their poise having a corrupt commander in cheif who allowed their brothers, leaving them to die.. and what about them?

then there is the war on terror.. now obama will allow terrorist into this country as free men to roam like lions. why would not iran send civilians with intentions only to orchestrate a series of suicide bomings on our soil in the name of their devli prophet? and all for their islam?

VOTE ROMNEY -- PLEASE!!! for the sake of your children.. your children are at stake here, not your pride. your children

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee
Anyone can do a "selective" video.

"Man on the Street" - - - is not party exclusive - - unless it is selective to show only one side.

HONEST? Hardly. Just Selective.

The title of the video wasn't "All Liberals Are Dumb" or "This Video Shows That All Democrats Are Hypocrites". And how do you know he was selective? Have you seen the raw, uncut video? He actually could've put on that video the first 5 Democrats he talked to. But we don't have that information so calling him out either way is only an emotional response...not intelligent. No surprise there, though.

Could he just as easily done it with Republicans? Of course. But then you would be cheering him on as an honest reporter showing just how backward ALL of the Republicans are by showing only a couple of idiots.

/TOA

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Old American

"Man on the Street" - - - is not party exclusive - - unless it is selective to show only one side.

The title of the video wasn't "All Liberals Are Dumb" or "This Video Shows That All Democrats Are Hypocrites". And how do you know he was selective? Have you seen the raw, uncut video? He actually could've put on that video the first 5 Democrats he talked to. But we don't have that information so calling him out either way is only an emotional response...not intelligent. No surprise there, though.

Could he just as easily done it with Republicans? Of course. But then you would be cheering him on as an honest reporter showing just how backward ALL of the Republicans are by showing only a couple of idiots.

/TOA

And where do I say anything one way or the other about Liberals or Conservatives for that matter.

I said the video is SELECTIVE.

Its edited to show what the producer wants it to say.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Yes, the video is selective, everyone has an opinion - there is no such thing as a complete unbiased opinion. Now I know you love to throw out the "you're making assumptions, reading between the lines" tactic, but come on now, you are a left leaning individual - and your posts reflect that.

As long as something doesn't conform to your opinions, it simply becomes "selective" and not relevant.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   

/TOA

And where do I say anything one way or the other about Liberals or Conservatives for that matter.

I said the video is SELECTIVE.

Its edited to show what the producer wants it to say.

As I asked already: have you seen the raw, uncut video? Do you have any proof that it's selective? How do we know that he didn't only talk to those 5 people? We don't, you only assume so.

/TOA

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by MidnightTide
"you're making assumptions, reading between the lines" tactic, but come on now, you are a left leaning individual - and your posts reflect that.

As long as something doesn't conform to your opinions, it simply becomes "selective" and not relevant.

I guarantee you - - you do not know my politics. I do not discuss it on ATS.

Other then I support full social Equality - - zero population growth - - no religion in politics - - and I relate to methodical thinking.

I don't consider those Left or Right - - - I consider them basic practicality.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   

As I asked already: have you seen the raw, uncut video? Do you have any proof that it's selective? How do we know that he didn't only talk to those 5 people? We don't, you only assume so.

/TOA

How do you know its not? You assume in the direction that you want it to be.

My kid works in video production. I know what can be done. Knowledge of how video's are edited is more then just an assumption.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   
What this video proves is how uninformed people are...whether by intellectual laziness or by MSM brainwashing.

And most people don't even know we have four third-party candidates running but know who the finalists are on American Idol!

Bread and Circuses for all stupid Americans!

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 01:16 AM
link   
This has nothing to do with the reporter.

He picked out supporters who were WILLING to talk to him.

Meaning they felt comfortable enough to be asked questions about politics.

They showed that they know jack.

Mission accomplished.

...you can continue with the foolishness.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 01:38 AM
link   
Yeah - - OK.

First Obama fan is black man in an Iron man suit.

Then we have what seems to be maybe a Hispanic man.

Then we have two women -- one wearing a shirt that says Bitch on it.

We have an immigrant.

We have 2 more black guys.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Who wants to convince me this isn't an edited video - - showing only what the producer wants to show.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Like I asked you earlier, do you believe that most liberals know this information or not? If so and its not a big deal then we are in big trouble. I know most Obama voters in this area of the country don't believe it and think its part of the republican smear campaign. They too are all about civil liberties, gay marriage, abortion ect. First of all he has striped us of our civil liberties by enacted these laws, secondly he doesn't give a poo about gay marriage thats just for votes, and thirdly the government wants you to get abortions this is just used to pit people against eachother to make them feel like they are a part of something. Roe vs Wade will never be overturned but will most likely be more generously implemented in the future, gay marriage as I have said in another post will work itself out despite the federal government. So you tell me how is this video biased would asking 1000 people have made these facts any different?

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   

reply to post by Annee

Like I asked you earlier, do you believe that most liberals

I gave you the answer I'm going to give. I will not be trapped.

If it was done in reverse do you believe that most conservatives would know the facts? Doubtful.

As I stated - - where I live in Arizona - - if a reporter stopped a Neo-Con on the street - - what he would get is FOX talking points.

That's pretty much all the Neo-Con know - - is FOX talking points.

You have no way of knowing how many people this reporter talked to - - and how many knew the correct information. The video is edited to only show a specific slant.

I don't fall for this kind of hyped stupidity.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Annee

I never said they would I don't think many people do. However, knowing the liberal mantra this seems like something they would want to fight against plus;as many liberals would ague;aren't all conservatives ignorant old warmongers out of touch with todays society? Then why is no one speaking out that our president is a warmonger who only acts like he is in touch with today's society.

edit on 29-10-2012 by BrieBird because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-10-2012 by BrieBird because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   

reply to post by Annee

If it was done in reverse do you believe that most conservatives would know the facts? Doubtful.

I never said they would I don't think many people do. However, knowing the liberal mantra this seems like something they would want to fight against plus;as many liberals would ague;aren't all conservatives ignorant old warmongers out of touch with todays society? Then why is no one speaking out that our president is a warmonger who only acts like he is in touch with today's society.

"Man on the Street" is funny. That's all.

ALL "Man on the Street" videos are edited to show what they show.

What the hell is the Liberal mantra anyway? As far as I'm concerned its the "Catch All Bucket" for anything and everything a conservative doesn't agree with.

As far as I know - - Liberal does not mean you are a Pacifist. Are you a Pacifist?

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Annee

All it is showing is that these people are unaware and find the reality to be contradicting to what they believe Obama is all about. I will ask you one last time do you think that most liberals or just people in general support these Obama policies that take away our privacy and liberties? That is a fact these policies are true whether these people are a small sampling doesn't change that fact. So if it were a larger sampling what would that prove that even more people would find this disturbing or less? Are you for these policies? I am not and no I am not a pascifist.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join