It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mississippi Town Sued Over 'School-To-Prison Pipeline'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   
This is not the first instance of a school system throwing their weight around and taking control of children from parents and it certainly won't be the last. Is this a test project to see how far they can go before something is done?

The lawsuit says children who talk back to teachers, violate dress codes and commit other minor infractions are handcuffed and sent to a youth court where they are denied their rights.

So 100% of the students falling into this trap are minorities? hmmm

About 86% of the district's students are African-American, but all of those referred to the court for violations were minorities, the government suit said.

Arrested and held for days without charges? These are children so where are the parents? They are then questioned until a confession is pulled...without a lawyer? This is almost a page out of a futuristic martial law society but it's happening now.

• Children are handcuffed and arrested in school and incarcerated for days at a time without a probable cause hearing.
• Children detained wait more than 48 hours for a hearing, in violation of constitution requirements.
• Children make admissions to formal charges without being advised of their Miranda rights.
• Children are not routinely granted legal representation during the juvenile justice process.

And more infractions? Un-tucked shirts, wrong color socks or being tardy?

The department also alleges that students who have been arrested can end up incarcerated for parole violations involving minor school infractions, including wearing the wrong color socks, having a shirt untucked, using vulgar language or being tardy.

rt.com...
www.cnn.com...
www.activistpost.com...
now.msn.com...
www.abajournal.com...

I keep looking to see if this just fiction but too many sources are confirming. What the hell is going on in Mississippi? It's been going on for too long to not notice. Or is it easier not to notice? I don't understand.

Video:
rolandmartinreports.com...

If someone can bring a different light to this please do so because I am finding this so hard to believe.

Peace

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Now im all for society as it gives the world some semblance of order from time
to time, however this price is far too high, again a step so far out of bounds i
simply cannot fathom why there are not a huge mob of angry protestors there
24/7, yes there are channels to go through legally but there is also prudence to
consider, when those channels break down and no longer work for us to protect
ourselves and our children then more extreme measures are needed and should
be used.

To me this is not an issue where you can wait and see down the road, it has to
stop and an example needs to be made, we will not allow those who think they
are above the law to make their own rules either. its so akin to the police officer
attitude you see everywhere now days, this is unacceptable, these people are no
more above the law than police officers who abuse their power, they just need to
be reminded by the people that society is the basis for law and not their perverted
idea of "law".

Freedom is the only option for a safe and well rounded society, time and time again
we have seen in history the most successful society were the most free, the most
horrid atrocities carried out under the guise of whats "good" for us decided by those
few who love power more than honesty. sometimes those people need to have a
harsh reality check and realize just how small of a minority they actually are. if you
are a decent person help put a stop to this, i know us good folks out number those
who would ask for oppression over freedom, they are simply more vocal than we
are. lets stop this and take back our freedoms. for us and for our children.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Pretty scary stuff -

The Justice Department said Lauderdale County Youth Court Judges Frank Coleman and Veldore "Vel" Young denied the agency access to court hearings and information and directed the city of Meridian to withhold files concerning children. The Justice Department's investigation began in December 2011.

Frank and Vel - aka Hitler and Himmler?

Why such secrecy? If they have nothing to hide why are they hiding?

abcnews.go.com...
edit on 27-10-2012 by Maluhia because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maluhia
Pretty scary stuff -

The Justice Department said Lauderdale County Youth Court Judges Frank Coleman and Veldore "Vel" Young denied the agency access to court hearings and information and directed the city of Meridian to withhold files concerning children. The Justice Department's investigation began in December 2011.

Frank and Vel - aka Hitler and Himmler?

Why such secrecy? If they have nothing to hide why are they hiding?

abcnews.go.com...
edit on 27-10-2012 by Maluhia because: (no reason given)

Unless the courts are part of the problem?

We do know that many of these institutions get paid for occupied bed space as well as use prisoners for work programs that profit private enterprise.

I am still trying to search whether or not these kids are being used for worker-Bots-For-Profit. Wouldn't surprise me at all.

Peace

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   
How is this even legal?

I hope a lawsuit is in the works.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by smyleegrl
How is this even legal?

Who knows, but important to note that this is the deep south where they have FRIGHTENING views about things. They are stuck in a dark ages mentality.

A large part of the deep south would be happily stoning people and burning them at the stack for silly reasons if not for federal law calling it illegal. Its a whole different world down there. Very backwards and scary. They do not wish to progress at all.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by YourWIFI

How is this even legal?

Who knows, but important to note that this is the deep south where they have FRIGHTENING views about things. They are stuck in a dark ages mentality.

A large part of the deep south would be happily stoning people and burning them at the stack for silly reasons if not for federal law calling it illegal. Its a whole different world down there. Very backwards and scary. They do not wish to progress at all.

Well, speaking as someone who lives in the Deep South......

I have to disagree that we would happily stone people or burn them at the stake. And to address other stereotypes I hear all the time....yes, we wear shoes and know how to read.

Please be careful about making broad accusations. They simply aren't true and hurt your credibility.

This is not an attack, just trying to help you see the dangers in stereotyping an entire portion of the US.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by YourWIFI

Thank You for the bigoted comment about Southerners.
Anything to say about Blacks or Mexicans? I'm sorry you see us this way, most of us are pretty damn decent people.
On Topic, Seems like the DOJ only gets off it's ass when it wants to. An investigation such as this should have top priority. But, it's not threatening Obama's image, so what the heck, it can wait.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   

How is this even legal?

Well, speaking as someone who lives in the Deep South......

I have to disagree that we would happily stone people or burn them at the stake. And to address other stereotypes I hear all the time....yes, we wear shoes and know how to read.

Please be careful about making broad accusations. They simply aren't true and hurt your credibility.

This is not an attack, just trying to help you see the dangers in stereotyping an entire portion of the US.

You are entitled to express your southern pride and defend your homeland as you wish, but there is a VERY disturbing mentality in the south that cannot be denied. I have lived there for several years and know it first hand. It is SCARY BACKWARDS and many there, including politicians, are BITTER at many Federal laws that were enacted to keep people safe from disgraceful acts from the past. Even POLITICIANS there are extremely bitter of modern Federal laws!!!!!!

That is all that I will say on the topic as I dont wish to argue it, but unless you have experience a state outside of the deep south for several years, you will simply have NO IDEA how true this post is! But I understand (and respect) the southern pride thing. Although I have NO idea WHY they have pride there to be honest.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by DAVID64
reply to post by YourWIFI

Thank You for the bigoted comment about Southerners.
Anything to say about Blacks or Mexicans? I'm sorry you see us this way, most of us are pretty damn decent people.

Sure you are welcome. But I notice that you have displayed CLEARLY your racism by picking on certain races when the topic was about a REGION of the country which made absolutely NO MENTION of RACE whatsoever!!!

You took it upon yourself to drag blacks and Mexicans into it? WHY?? What on EARTH do they specifically need to be brought into a discussion regarding a REGION of the country as a whole that has a disturbing mentality?

See, that is what I noticed down there for several years to be common with many of the folks there (many being inbred) during discussions that they think everything has to do with RACE despite what a topic may be! You can try and have a discussion as to why inbreeding is not wise, and they will shout out "Well blacks/Mexicans/non-Christians/Asians/Yankees/HollyWood etc probably do it too!!!" WHAT???
WHY must that be mentioned at all???
I think it is very DISTASTEFUL to say the least. And VERY disrespectful. And VERY BACKWARDS... go figure!

edit on 27-10-2012 by YourWIFI because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   
When dealing with larger companies and institutions it helps mentioning them by name. In that way people can be informed about all the bad stuff about entities like this.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   

That is all that I will say on the topic as I dont wish to argue it, but unless you have experience a state outside of the deep south for several years, you will simply have NO IDEA how true this post is!

I have lived in a state outside of the deep south for several years and you're full of it. If you don't wish to back up or argue in defense of your biased opinion then don't give it.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Take your children out of school.
They are indoctrination camps who preach establishment lies.
Home schooling is best.
Assert your sovereignty now or all is lost, not just for you or your children. but
for your childrens children.

Stop The Rot. You can do it.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   
what ever happened to detention, volunteer work or extra homework. all much more productive than prison for swearing in class or chewing bubble gum.

call this for what it is, cheap labor and pseudo-slavery.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   

How is this even legal?

Excuse me? Hey.. ever heard a little something that goes like - DENY IGNORANCE ? You talk about the South with the most racist hate filled mouth ever.

The actions of this one school system do NOT reflect on the actions of the Southern people. In fact I tell you most Southerners are as upset about this as is the rest of the world.

If your views reflect traditional northern views, I'd say That's frightening but I don't believe that. I think YOU are a very poor representative of the Northern states. They should kick you out.. but where to.. Oh I know.. the South will gladly have you!

We are known for our southern hospitality and gentlemanly-ness. We strongly believe in the US Constitution and the sovereignty of America. You'd probably eat better than you ever have in your life too because having lived in New York, I can tell you, you guys haven't a clue how to use spices and create mouth watering dishes that comes anywhere close to what us southerners make daily.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   
how does a school board, get powers of a police department and a court system?
do they have real cops and judges doing this?

detaining someone by locking them in a cell, is the same thing as kidnapping.
where are the parents, or is the county government also involved in this?

this is wrong on so many different levels.

top topics

join