It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CIA operators were denied request for help during Benghazi attack, sources say

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy

Fox news, well that's a mistake right from the get go! Interesting none the least.
edit on 26-10-2012 by
Sissel because: (no reason given)

so you don't believe the story?
You think it was just a demonstration there that went wrong?
That was what the administration tried to sell us for two weeks.
Who would you rather believe at this point?

I believe the story. Never said I didn't. It's just odd to me that Fox is breaking it. That's not the issue though is it?

edit on 26-10-2012 by Sissel because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by OneisOne
reply to post by JacKatMtn

Thanks for posting and I agree with you. If this holds to be true it is enraging.

The 2 guys calling for help ended up getting killed because they just didn't want to stand down and let the ambassador and staff die.

Okay, proof of this?

A friend and I were talking about this this other day and she thinks the government wanted Stevens dead. Which if he was involved with running guns to militants, that very well could be the case. And it could explain why the CIA operators were told to stand down. Just this administration covering up another Iran–Contra.

A "friend and you talking are not a reliable source, sorry. If it's very well the case, state your sources, please.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   
The father of Tyrone Woods spoke to Glenn Beck yesterday and this morning. This from last night.

www.theblaze.com...

Then this morning Mr. Woods basically asked for those who know to have courage and speak up. Not for political reasons, but just for the sake of honoring those who died.

While on the radio the Fox "Stand Down" report came in. Mr. Woods again asked for those who know to speak up.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sissel

Fox news, well that's a mistake right from the get go! Interesting none the least.
edit on 26-10-2012 by
Sissel because: (no reason given)
so you don't believe the story?
You think it was just a demonstration there that went wrong?
That was what the administration tried to sell us for two weeks.
Who would you rather believe at this point?
I guess I need to ask what you meant when you said 'Fox news, well that's a mistake right from the get go!'
So what did you mean by that?
Do you believe that Fox News is just as credible as Obama and his spokespeople in this matter?
edit on 26-10-2012 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Do you believe that Fox News is just as credible as Obama and his spokespeople in this matter?

No..........LOL, that is why I made the comment!

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Sissel

Perhaps they are trying to receive some sort of redemption.

President Obama is the one that needs to redeem himself.

He has been proven to have been less than truthful with the American people in this affair.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   

No..........LOL, that is why I made the comment!
Have you been following this story at all?
It hasn't been Fox News lying and covering up.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Sure have. I have been following the story, outside of ATS even

So, the point was, Jack used Fox in his links..........have you been reading the thread?

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by 2gd2btru

Here's what Mr Woods had to say in response to this breaking news:

www.humanevents.com...

“That is cowardice by the people that issued that order. And our country is not a country of cowards. Our country is the greatest nation on Earth. And what we need to do is we need to raise up a generation of American heroes just like Ty who is an American hero. But in order to do that, we need to raise up a generation that has not just physical strength but moral strength. We do not need another generation of liars who lack moral strength.”

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   

So, the point was, Jack used Fox in his links..........have you been reading the thread?

I used the only source's available at the time..

I posted 2 video reports to show a comparison of what was said yesterday and this morning. Again, from the only source I saw reporting on this news.

The news is beginning to spread and I will add other links, hopefully MSM, as I find them.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   
This situation creates a two pronged problem. Those serving us from this point forward will fully understand that they are not valuable enough for us to have their backs, and other hostile countries know we will not put our own people first. A very dangerous reputation to carry in the volatile Middle East.

I don't care who reports the situation, because in today's climate there isn't a single source that is above me fact checking them.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   

What I found interesting is the fact they supposedly had a drone following the events in real time, but they insist they couldn't help them, I don't buy it.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Watching Fox News live, I heard them say that one hour and twenty minutes after the attack at Benghazi started, the President was in a meeting with the Secretary of Defense and National Security advisor. There were live video feeds of the attack available at the time. They are reporting that the drones were over the scene shortly after the attacks began. They were in the air in the area at the time, and were redirected to the consulate for recon.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by OneisOne

Thanks for posting and I agree with you. If this holds to be true it is enraging.

The 2 guys calling for help ended up getting killed because they just didn't want to stand down and let the ambassador and staff die.

A friend and I were talking about this this other day and she thinks the government wanted Stevens dead. Which if he was involved with running guns to militants, that very well could be the case. And it could explain why the CIA operators were told to stand down. Just this administration covering up another Iran–Contra.

I have said that myself since the beginning, since then so much information has come to the surface that it sure looks like a hit.
edit on 123131p://bFriday2012 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by JacKatMtn

I used the only source's available at the time..

I posted 2 video reports to show a comparison of what was said yesterday and this morning. Again, from the only source I saw reporting on this news.

The news is beginning to spread and I will add other links, hopefully MSM, as I find them.

Thanks, but for those who are truly interested in this, it would be great if everyone scoured for all the facts.........

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   
About FoxNews coverage....the best and only truthful news program(s) on TV - bar none. People who think and say the BHO leftist Marxist line on this are merely spouting pure propaganda...........take that to the bank.

Fox..............News.................... Fair .............and ................Balanced

edit on 26-10-2012 by Vitruvian because: txt

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

What I found interesting is the fact they supposedly had a drone following the events in real time, but they insist they couldn't help them, I don't buy it.

It is worse than that. There were AC130 Spectre gunships available nearby, personnel at the consulate were illuminating enemy targets with lasers to facilitate an accurate strike by the gunship...... And help was refused.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Sissel

Thanks, but for those who are truly interested in this, it would be great if everyone scoured for all the facts

Don't be bashful.
Post these facts that everyone else is missing.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Forgive me for my poor paraphrase, and thank you for the quote as I didn't have it close at hand.

This is the part I am basing my paraphrase "We do not need another generation of liars who lack moral strength.”

This to me says, "If you know, speak up." It takes moral strength. Those who are part of those who made it out, those who worked side by side with these men, need to speak the truth and damn politics.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   
All I have to say about this whole thing........the blame game is WHY, if there even was a hint of needed security that was ignored.......WHY weren't these people just evacuated?

There shouldn't even be a question as to the risks involved when the safest way to go about it was to evacuate.

I know that seems plain and simple, but it is what it is.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join