It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CIA operators were denied request for help during Benghazi attack, sources say

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swills
reply to post by NickDC202

Can't say I disagree with any of that. The only thing I disagree with is focusing on Obama and his willy gang of misfits. This betrayal goes much deeper.

Swills, I'm curious to learn your take on the attack. Please correct me if I'm wrong but from your posts I decipher that you feel that the US government either allowed for or enabled the attack to happen. Am I correct? If so, in your opinion what benefits/net gain would the Executive branch get for doing this? How would the President gain politically from such an event happening on his watch?

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by JacKatMtn

No, they DON'T Have a CIA statement that corroborates your perspective. If anything - it directly contradicts it.

*SNIP* -- Rude comments removed.

Admin Note: Disagreement is fine, but insults are not. Please focus on the topic. -- Majic
edit on 10/27/2012 by Majic because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
Oh and another thing where are our Military leaders?

What the heck is going on?

I think this admin is at cross purposes with traditional military advice and are running amok while the military has to sit around and take idiot orders from the traitors who are selling us down the river, or they have been replaced by people who do not care about the US.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Americanist

You'll find people are easy to manipulate from extremists - westboro to the couch potato for a son... In this case, all it took was bad acting - fox news and a less than perfect hit on someone. Don't forget this was on 9/11 too.

Well you know people like to hold ceremonies on special dates and such. Could be that this was a blood ritual, would not be the first, it could also be that even if Obama knew about it, even he did not know all that much about it. Besides such a rational person as most presidents are that are selected they would not believe in such crazy things, and also as another member said after all we got what maybe somewhere in the thousands of basses around the world, does anybody really think the president job is to watch every single thing that goes on and around those basses each and every day. He may know they exist but about the details of it all nah. And if he did, well then why? would he spend his time on it when they got other people to do those jobs.

And well no matter who the president is, the details will escape them if there not at first told what is up by some suit whispering in there ear, or by the teleprompter, and the speech writers. But well you know, the show must go on, and somebody has to take the blame when convenient. But really nobody has any facts, all they have are stories put online or on the news, or some random place were people may find it. And all of that can be so easily faked and put out, that it kind of becomes meaningless to argue about them. But again what is the bigger issue in all of this?
edit on 27-10-2012 by galadofwarthethird because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by atlguy

ATS used to be a place filled with people that had brains. Now it's full of goddamn morons - willing to parrot whatever crackpot idea comes out of FauxNews' neocon-funded bobbleheads.

And the rest parrot Huffington Post, Ed Schultz, and Think Progress or MoveOn or Annenberg's FactCheck.
That sword cuts both ways brother.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   

You'll find people are easy to manipulate from extremists - westboro to the couch potato for a son

This is not about couch potato Americans or militant Christians. This is about the most un-American President ever to sit in the WH OVal Office and the shameful lies, coverups, scandals, and just downright anti-American behavior. Period.
Why are you defending the Prez and shifting blame to Fox and Westboro Christians?

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   
This is very shocking for this to happen, to tell your guys to "stand down". We all kn ow this is shocking for the CIA to say this..With everything that's been happening, I'm surprised they didn't have the army there in minutes backing up the embassy. So there has to be a legitimate explanation for not going in.. But than again, We will never know the truth as always..SO it just becomes a mystery..

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by live2beknown

Maybe some of old G's billions of bucks went into a weapon they're afraid of, who knows lol.

Maybe G had something up his sleeve in Libya that scared the crap out of the developed world.

I would cut off my people too if it meant buying a few more days for my country

unlikely but interesting CT

edit: remember saddam's big gun that white dude was gonna build him? that almost happened.
also in the 80's reader's digest said iraq had been the biggest investor in biowarfare during one year
edit on 27-10-2012 by KhufuKeplerTriangle because: (no reason given)

edit2: there is also the idea the bush family had rogue nations develop weapons for them on the sly and killed the help before they could talk, ie iraq invasion, libya invasion, syria
edit on 27-10-2012 by KhufuKeplerTriangle because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by sad_eyed_lady

citizenjournalistdotorg.wordpress.com...

Why is Guy Fawkes in Cairo?

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus

You'll find people are easy to manipulate from extremists - westboro to the couch potato for a son

This is not about couch potato Americans or militant Christians. This is about the most un-American President ever to sit in the WH OVal Office and the shameful lies, coverups, scandals, and just downright anti-American behavior. Period.
Why are you defending the Prez and shifting blame to Fox and Westboro Christians?

You're way late to the kick-off.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by galadofwarthethird

You'll find people are easy to manipulate from extremists - westboro to the couch potato for a son... In this case, all it took was bad acting - fox news and a less than perfect hit on someone. Don't forget this was on 9/11 too.

Well you know people like to hold ceremonies on special dates and such. Could be that this was a blood ritual, would not be the first, it could also be that even if Obama knew about it, even he did not know all that much about it. Besides such a rational person as most presidents are that are selected they would not believe in such crazy things, and also as another member said after all we got what maybe somewhere in the thousands of basses around the world, does anybody really think the president job is to watch every single thing that goes on and around those basses each and every day. He may know they exist but about the details of it all nah. And if he did, well then why? would he spend his time on it when they got other people to do those jobs.

And well no matter who the president is, the details will escape them if there not at first told what is up by some suit whispering in there ear, or by the teleprompter, and the speech writers. But well you know, the show must go on, and somebody has to take the blame when convenient. But really nobody has any facts, all they have are stories put online or on the news, or some random place were people may find it. And all of that can be so easily faked and put out, that it kind of becomes meaningless to argue about them. But again what is the bigger issue in all of this?
edit on 27-10-2012 by galadofwarthethird because: (no reason given)

I made a decent analogy with it being a Tupac kind of day... Here's the recap inside a more recent thread:

MUST WATCH: Retired Lt. Col. and Special Operations Planner for 15 years, Obama ordered no response

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by JacKatMtn

troubling to hear about ulsterman
but yet, his stories have been remarkably nascient
rahm leaving. reggie leaving, daley arriving, then leaving, BHO poll plunge, fast and furious stonewalling. well it is the wild wild west of the internet out there. buyer beware

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   
When Manners Are Needed Most

This is an emotional subject, which tends to have a negative impact on judgment and self-control.

Without speaking to anyone in particular, I ask that we respect the rights of fellow ATSers to express their opinions on the topic, whatever they may be, without being met by insults or other forms of rude behavior.

Let's please keep our comments on topic and civil, and alert the staff when anyone does otherwise.

Thanks.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Obama sacrificed four American lives Jimmy Carter in his worst moment made an attempt to rescue Americans. No honor, no faith, a traitors disposition.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by elouina

And was the president qualified to make the decisions that he did? There is only one person I know that can answer that question. But they are afraid to tell themself the truth. They need to stop running and to and answer our questions honestly. Obama will not release any of the info that can prove him innocent or guilty. Instead he wants an ongoing "investigation" until after the election. Well guess what? It is way too late for that. He dug himself in so deep that only the coal miners can dig him out. But guess what? He fired them all.

What experience does Obama have? Maybe four years of being President and Commander-in-Chief, for starters.

And an investigation until after the election . . . kind of a necessity considering there is less than two months between the attack and election day. How long did the 9/11 Commission take to publish it's findings? Years..
edit on 10/27/2012 by spaceinvaders because: Quoted text.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitruvian

Panetta could not put forces at risk. I think the forces know they are at risk on every mission.
This whole thing really stinks to high heaven.

The only people capable of denying support to our troops had to come directly from the Whitehouse.
If I heard correctly, General Petreus was informed of this and did nothing. If that is true, shame on him for not providing support to those Seals instead of following Whitehouse orders.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by mugger

Some of those in power would seem to have forgotten just who their Oath was to. It wasn't a man and it wasn't the White House. It was to the Constitution as a symbol of the Nation and the People. The people are who lost on this one. Specifically, 4 of them in Libya who did nothing but trust in the system they served, they'd not be left to die if things went bad. That trust was, as it happens, too much to expect.

I guess that about says it all, eh?

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by NickDC202

Good. I will look into his reports. I just gave a glance thru them all and sawnext to nothing on it. Thanks

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Majic

I though they had been. Its hard to be politically correct with a political issue.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   
When you correlate the State Department's own press conference, their testimony in Congress, the news stories about help being ordered to stand down, and the analysis by many people with military experience in some of the links in this thread, it paints a pretty dire picture.

This is mostly an educated guess based on the info we're getting, but it looks like probably no Americans were meant to survive the original attack on the compound. And it might have gone that way if a handful of people at the CIA annex had not allegedly disobeyed orders and gone to the compound to try to help.

Then when there were survivors that made it back to the CIA annex, the annex was attacked and help was again mostly denied, or at least greatly delayed. Kind of sounds like someone was trying to finish off what they started and correct the mistake (that there were survivors of the original attack...). Or maybe the attack on the annex was always planned, so that there would not be anyone to leak that they had been ordered to stand down.

If things had gone according to plan (no survivors), I'm guessing that we never would have heard most of this and it would have been easier to make the cover story work. But now there are too many people who were told to stand down (e.g., everyone on the gunship). So now it's become a race for people to do CYA (insiders leaking info, the CIA throwing Obama under the bus, Hillary allegedly seeking legal counsel, etc.). And Obama is desperately trying not to have it all blow up any bigger before the election.

It would be interesting to find out why the people at the compound originally were apparently targeted to die. There must be more to it that just arms running to Syria. No one would really be very shocked to knows that's going on, so there wouldn't be such a severe need to cover that up by killing an ambassador and his staff.

I'm not saying this is what happened... but it sure seems more logical than the lies we're being fed.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join