It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You Have The Chance To Time Travel, Where Would You Go and Why? The FUTURE or the PAST ? (read the

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   
These are the ground rules. Time travel is possible. You have the chance to go anywhere you chose. Where would you go and why would you go there? This is not a debate on whether time travel is possible. You get one choice, from 2 options. The future or the past. You can specify a date, a year or a specific event. You can specify your motive for doing so. While I am certain I will get sarcasm, that's okay, I will not respond to those that break the ground rules. I implore all of you to ignore those that do so as well. This is not a debate.

I have given this much thought. While I would love to go to the future and see what is there, I would, also, like to go to the past and see what transpired that affected the present. But I only get one choice. I made the ground rules, so I have to abide by them.

I will go to the beginning of time. I want to see what created this grand universe we live in. I want definitive answers and proof to bring back with me. I want to present to the entire world my findings, so they, too, know the truth about our existence.

Have fun and let the process begin.

Ascension211

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   
I would go back to the mid to late '50s.
Cool cars,rock and roll was getting it's start.
No cell phones,no computers.
Plus I would have with me a list of horse races and games to bet on and be sitting pretty on a tropical island.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   
I would go back to the day I was born and then kill myself so that the universe would implode and disappear just for a laugh...

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Okay new ground rule in effect, there can be no monetary gain. Also, killing yourself is not allowed or condoned as an option.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   
i would go back 65 million years to see if infact an asteroid did kill the dinosaurs.....and if it did then i would be there to watch the show

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by ascension211
Okay new ground rule in effect, there can be no monetary gain. Also, killing yourself is not allowed or condoned as an option.

Well,jeez,took the fun out for me.

Just kidding.

I would still go back to the '50s.
Simplicity of life,with some of the modern conveniences of electricity.
Do not want to go to the future cause it just doesn't bod well.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by ascension211

Could I kill you, then sell my story but give the money to charity?

Joking aside I would love to go back in time to the dinosaurs just to see them in the flesh walking around it would be like a scifi movie only real...

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by ascension211

I would travel to the past. More precisely, I would go back to the very beginning of our existence so I can explain how our existence turned out to whomever invented the human species, describe the condition of the 21st century, enumerate the various examples of how we royally screwed each other and the earth over, then proceed to slap the stupid out of them. I would most likely get vaporized in retaliation, so that's the end of the story.

edit on 25-10-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   
1744ish, Scotland.

I'd like to verify something's I've read about Bonnie Prince Charlie and Culloden. After watching that, I'd head over to the colonies and watch the seeds of revolution take root.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   
1984. Really need to re-do everything since then. Many missed opportunities.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by AccessDenied

We all mess up as we learn and grow.
I had plenty of mistakes and hard times,but I wouldn't change a thing.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   
I'd like to travel back to when Adam and Eve were walking around the garden of Eden, and impregnate Eve before Adam does.

I'm convinced this will either end the human race outright, or propel us years ahead in terms of technology and the pursuit of greater knowledge and understanding of reality.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Distant future, 500-1000 years ahead of us.

Granted that we still live and are a space faring society, with colonies on other rocky planets.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Interesting question..

I would have a few options - America, the west in the 1800's or the App mountain area in the late 1700's early 1800's

Europe - If post Roman era likely with the Germanic tribes or Ireland / Scotland.

I think I'd fit in better then.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   
These are the ground rules.

Time travel is possible.

You have the chance to go anywhere you chose.

Where would you go and why would you go there?

This is not a debate on whether time travel is possible.

You get one choice, from 2 options.

The future or the past.

You can specify a date, a year or a specific event.

You can specify your motive for doing so.

Okay 2 new ground rules in effect.

There can be no monetary gain.

Killing is not allowed or condoned as an option.

While I am certain I will get sarcasm, that's okay, I will not respond to those that break the ground rules.

I implore all of you to ignore those that do so as well.

This is not a debate.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by ascension211

If I had a choice over Past or Future, I would choose to go back into the past. I find fascination in looking at antiques, old pictures, etc. I LOVE old music. Any genre. I think it would be hard if one really had a choice of choosing to go back in time, because there are so many great and bad things that occurred throughout history.

However, I would like to meet myself as a child. I would like to go to that sad, lonely little girl and tell her that it gets slightly better, and to keep her chin up.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by RebLeigh

Thank you for sharing.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   
It would have to be the future just out of sheer curiosity, a thousand years or so would be great so lets say 3012.
I'm assuming I would find a lot of things odd or just confusing but I bet people would still be just the same for better or worse if they even still exist that is.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   
The Ancient Library of Alexandria. Could you imagine reading all those old scrolls and books and listening to all the scholars and philosophizers of that time in human history? I got major goose bumps just thinking about it.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 05:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by kdog1982

Originally posted by AccessDenied

We all mess up as we learn and grow.
I had plenty of mistakes and hard times,but I wouldn't change a thing.

Oh I would. I'd change everything.That is the very point in which I zigged when I should've zagged.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join