It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ted Turner: I Think It's "Good" U.S. Troops are Killing Themselves

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Where does this elitist scumbag get off on saying that it is good for people to off themselves?

Oh? I guess that he thinks that he is a producer and the rest of us aren't?

I know that this is bad JuJu...but I will raise a glass when this guy is gone. Him and Jane as well.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   
He should just go somewhere appropriate
/loser

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Population control? Too many people using too much stuff?
Well, lets start with him then...

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Pretty ironic when this guy says "we are programmed to love and not kill each other" But yet, his corporate media continues to push disinformation, fear, hate which is essentially programming us completely opposite of his statement.

This dude is a turd, I can't understand how people like him continue to live while everyday people have to struggle.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   
I wonder how he would fare against a US Marine if they went toe to toe in a battle to the death!

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

2 things this guys in love with...family guy, and the NWO. I'm thinking that maybe they promised him a cut.

Watch it Ted. Remember how they burned you last time you mingled your seed with them.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   

cant believe he was stupid enough to give us a peek into his world. I threw up a little in my mouth..

I totally get why him and Jane were a couple.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Unfortunately when he is gone his ideas will live on through his secret societies.
Remember bill maher saying he is for whatever gets the freeways moving.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   

What he says is ;

I think it's good because, Its so clear that were programmed, were born to love and help each other not to kill each other destroy each other , that's an aberration , that's from hundreds of years ago, its time for us to start acting enlighten

Choosing words or phrases out of context is demagogy at is best.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Let's not forget he was married to this:

patriotpost.us...

Fonda called returning POWs "hypocrites and liars," adding, "These were not men who had been tortured. These were not men who had been starved. These were not men who had been brainwashed. ... Pilots were saying it was the policy of the Vietnamese and that it was systematic. I believe that's a lie." You can read about one of Fondas "hypocrites and liars" in this Veterans Day

It makes me wonder why the marriage didn't last. "Two peas in a pod."

Disgusting.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   

I do NOT endorse random violence.

But if a person were to accidently punch Turner in the windpipe, I'd buy that person a beer.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Ted Tuner has always been more than a little nutty. You can find a lot worse coming from his mouth.

Now, as to what he is saying, I think I get what he was trying to say. Perhaps he thinks the high suicide rate is indicative among soldiers is a demonstration of how what they do goes against human nature and as such is taxing to their mental health in an extreme way (and please, don't take my analysis as agreement as so many of you are quick to do). I'd say he's silly as there is plenty of evidence showing using brute force is very much a part of human nature. Humans did a lot worse than we are doing today and seemed to make it through without killing themselves en masse.
edit on 25-10-2012 by antonia because: opps

edit on 25-10-2012 by antonia because: i can't type

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by antonia

Afghanistan is a suicide mission. It is understandable that soldiers feel like sometimes there is no other way out. But unfortunately those soldiers had no choice in going there. Our wars don't even represent the will of the American people anymore, its a damn shame.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by samsamm9

Not really. He obviously thinks that it is good for anybody to kill themself as it frees up more for those of us who refuse to do such...which probably pisses him off as well.

Where does he think his food comes from?

Where does he think his freedom to spout such nonsense come from?

I'll give a hint, it's not his money, but he apparently thinks it is.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by thehoneycomb
reply to post by antonia

But unfortunately those soldiers had no choice in going there.

It's an all volunteer force and you know that. If you don't want to go then don't join. My husband has been to Iraq twice, Afghanistan twice and is getting ready to go again. Considering he's survived twice I'd hardly call it a suicide mission

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   

I'd like to see him practice what he preaches....

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   

The bloke is a dickhead, surely this is proof that there is such a thing as a negative IQ?

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   

You forgot to call her by her real name,Hanoi Jane.
My first husband was a vietnam vet.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sissel

It makes me wonder why the marriage didn't last. "Two peas in a pod."

Word on the street is Ted is Bi-polar. Jane Fonda apparently converted to Christianity without telling him about it and it was just the straw that broke the camel's back. Personally, I don't agree with Tuner but I have to say I feel some pity for the man. His mental state is high influenced by his youth in which his own father killed himself. I'm actually surprised to a certain extent that Tuner has made it as far as he has in life.
edit on 25-10-2012 by antonia because: opps

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   
c'mon....he is saying that...IT IS GOOD THE STORY IS COMING OUT ABOUT THIS!!!....NOT.... that it is good for troops to kill themselves. geez....video editing at it's worse, and all of you suck it up without questioning it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join