It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

VOTE: John Kerry Left Off Hamilton Co, Ohio Absentee Ballots

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 10:36 AM
link   
In a move sure to cause controversy it has been revealed that John Kerry is NOT on the absentee ballots for Hamilton Country in the state of Ohio. This was confirmed by election officials in Hamilton County. Ohio is classed as a swing state for this Novembers Presidential election and may hold the key to the White House. Whilst no official comment has been made by John Kerry it is believed that a statement may be coming to address the fault.

Cincinnati Post
Because of a printing error -- limited, election officials believe, to only a few ballots in the Forest Park area -- absentee ballots recently mailed out exclude the Democratic presidential ticket of Kerry and his running mate, Sen. John Edwards.

Click on photo for larger image"It's a screw-up," said Tim Burke, chairman of the Hamilton County Board of Elections. "This just feeds the paranoia that's out there. The tragic thing is that even though I think we will have a very fair and accurate count here, this will cause people to question the accuracy of our operation."

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

In an election so tight this should not be happening. Earlier this month a total of 17,500 Absentee ballots were trashed because the elections officers for the state decided to leave Ralph Nader off the ballot paper.

Presidential Election at Risk: Ohio's electoral system riddled with flaws
September 20, 2004

Whether Kerry or Bush wins in Ohio may well depend on how many voters are disenfranchised in the state�s three largest counties: Cuyahoga, Franklin and Hamilton. Respectively these three counties contain the Democratically rich big three-C cities Cleveland, Columbus and Cincinnati. The voter rolls are under unprecedented scrutiny and irregularities abound.

From an AP article just one month ago we can see clearly that this state is very open to faults in the voting system. An upset that could cause the swing of the White House either way.

In Carroll Co, Ohio Ralph Nader was mysteriously placed back onto the ballot after the papers were altered once the election board had left the room. The papers were printed as they had just undergone a final check and were mailed to thousands of voters.

Example of Absentee Ballot.

[edit on 22-10-2004 by Banshee]

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Well that is one way for Bush to win. Man this is bogus. Maybe we need to send some International Observers there to make sure it is done right.

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by valkeryie
Well that is one way for Bush to win. Man this is bogus. Maybe we need to send some International Observers there to make sure it is done right.

International observers are being sent.

2004 is going to be the year of dirty tricks.

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nerdling

International observers are being sent.

2004 is going to be the year of dirty tricks.

Where are the observers from? Ive heard noyhing about this. As far as dirty tricks go, they cant be any worse than the dirty trick played on America in 2000

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Watch out for the knee-jerk reactions of "we don't need no foreigners watching us!"

Well apparently we do. I fear Kerry will be elected, but somehow Bush will win.

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 10:53 AM
link   
This will likely go down as the most contested election in US history....

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 10:55 AM
link   
To be quite honest, after last election, I dont trust Bush. Not one bit. I woul welcome a representative from the UN to play the role of observer for our election.

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kidfinger
To be quite honest, after last election, I dont trust Bush. Not one bit. I woul welcome a representative from the UN to play the role of observer for our election.

Great idea, maybe the one that was admin for the Oil for Food Program. :shk:

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 11:17 AM
link   
If you read the article, 22 people recieved the ballots. Hardly a giant conspiracy IMHO. It happens

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by FredT

Great idea, maybe the one that was admin for the Oil for Food Program. :shk:

I admit that maybe the UN wasnt the best choice, but the crooks running for office are no worse than the crooks anywhere else. There will be scandel no matter who you would choose a deligation from. So I tried to pick one that represented a large portion of the world. I love my country, and it pains me that our election process has deteriated to the demeaning process it has become. I dont fully trust anyone running for president, and I dont trust my governing body all that much either, but I do trust that one day, some how, a future president will see the light and change things for the better.

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by FredT
If you read the article, 22 people recieved the ballots. Hardly a giant conspiracy IMHO. It happens

It shouldn't.

It also shouldn't happen in a county known as the home of the Taft dynasty. A county in which over 100,000 voters have been purged from the rolls whilst neighboring Franklin county has purged nobody.

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 11:33 AM
link   
As someone who during college volunteered often at voting stations this is not unheard of. In NYC we use these old nasty looking grey voting booths. I've been at locations where a whole line of people's levers are jammed. Of course you have random retards screaming "Someone intentionally jammed the Green Party levers so we can't win" rather than understanding that the machines are 40 years old and are crap.
This was an accident. First off it was sent to 22 people. Second, leaving off one of the major candidates is obviously going to be noticed. What kind of trick would it be if everyone notices it? Give me a break. Tricks around election time are one thing, but the point is not to get caught. You do not drop a name of a candidate with millions of supporters and expect not to get caught. It was a stupid error.

Finally, I have to agree with FredT. I wonder if the nice UN observers will be some folks who stole money out of the mouths of Iraqi children and stole medicine from Iraqi elderly so they could skim off the top in the oil for food program and help Saddam rebuild his army on the sly, wink wink.

Fair observers huh? Will they be observers from other nations around the world that have self appointed military officials as dictators? Or maybe nations that have governments that were established by military coups? Yeah, I can't wait for them to arrive and tell us about our democracy.

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 11:38 AM
link   

It happens ...

... to Democrats.

Really? It just happens when nobody's looking? I find it impossible to believe that this could be a mistake. How do you fail to notice when doing your QC that one of the two major party tickets has been omitted from the ballot? That it "only" affects a relatively small number of ballots is no excuse. Maybe it's a test to see what the reaction will be.

The news coming out Frorida is already very interesting and portends more of the same vote fraud that we saw in 2000.

BTW, what level of crime is vote fraud? Isn't it tantamount to a nonviolent coup de gras when it determines the outcome of an election? In that case, shouldn't the perpetrators be subject to the penalties for treason, regardless of whose son or brother thay may be? Is there a statute of limitations on treason? Just a thought.

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Come on, it can't have been intentional, look at how obvious it was. It couldn't be missed, it wouldn't work. It certainly wouldn't be worth any number of votes, because when it'd get contested, it'd be so obvious. "Candidate Removed'? It'd never work.

If it was a conspiracy, it was a pretty inept one. Seems more like a stupid mistake.

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 11:44 AM
link   
One thing all of you "Bush Dirty tricks", "Call in the U.N.", "Bush is Stealing 22 Votes" types have failed to realize:

Tim Burke, chairman of the Hamilton County Board of Elections is a Democrat

''The widespread nastiness, not just one race, not just here but all over the state, is the nastiest I can recall,'' said political veteran Tim Burke, chairman of the Hamilton County Board of Elections and co-chairman of the Hamilton County Democratic Party.
Burke is a Democrat

Lets do some checking before we point fingers eh :shk:

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Come on people. Observers OBSERVE. They dont have any actual job but to watch. Then, if they see something, they speak up. Some of you are acting like an observer is going to be counting the votes, or running the machines. They get stacks of papers to wade through. They take tours of the voting offices. We have observers now, but they are from America, and this is what they do. I think it would be better to have it be indipendant of government affiliation, an if that means a UN observer, then so be it. Besides, I didnt say it had to be Mr Annon's son. Believe it or not, the UN is a fairly respectable orginanization. The incident being reffered to was a son taking advantage of his fathers position, so dont go and judge everyone in that orginization.

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Thanks, FredT, for the clarification.

None-the-less, few can seriously argue that Dubya became president as a result of widespread voting irregularities (euphemistically) in the state of Florida which, if thay had been properly addressed, would have resulted in a different outcome in 2000.

It is truly incredible that the USA has sunk to such a low level of integrity that there is now serious discussion of a need for foreign observers to ensure that the 2004 presidential election is not determined by voite fraud rather than the will of the people! Thanks Republican party, Democratic party, HOsue of Reps, Senate, Supreme Court, George Bush, the rest of the smash 'em to pieces crowd, popular media, education system, Catholic priests, Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, Bill O'Reilly, ad nauseum. We are observing the decline of America. The only unknown is where it will lead.

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kidfinger
The incident being reffered to was a son taking advantage of his fathers position

Uhm, there were quite a few more people invovled in that 'incident' than the son of the secretary-general. It was not simply an isolated incident, and if it shows anything, it shows that the UN can be just as corrupt as any other organization.

D.O.
in the state of Florida which, if thay had been properly addressed, would have resulted in a different outcome in 2000.

Whats 'properly addressed'? There were issues, Gore brought it to the courts, and it ended in the SCOTUS. The Gore group were asking for spefic counties to do the recounts in. THey got it, he still lost. They asked for another recount. Even after the election, a newspaper ( i think the miami-herald? or somethign liek that) did a recount. Gore lost. They did their own recount of every county, then gore won florida. So whats 'proper handling' there? If the SCOTUS hadn't stopped the extra rounds of recounts, Gore would've lost. They stopped it, and he lost.

[edit on 19-10-2004 by Nygdan]

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
This will likely go down as the most contested election in US history....

I will give you the way above vote but If I could

People get ready what Gazrok has said is the truth, we are going on a bumpy roller coaster ride this November and I am getting me some pop corn and some soda and I am going to sit and enjoy the show.

So far November is not even hear and we are "finding" discrepancies everywhere.

People!!!!!!!!!!is a conspiracy. The libertarians are going to win the elections.!!!!!!!!!!:

On a more serious note, I got the feeling that all these �problems� have been calculated and planned to cause mistrust in the population.
o

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Didn't the post also say that Nader was removed after election officials left the room. That would seriouly favor the Democrats.

Does this mean both sides are cheating, or does it mean that people make mistakes? Granted, mistakes of this magnitude should not be made, but we do not know who the printer is, who is responsible for proof reading the ballots etc.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join