It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RT Destroys Corporate Media Blackout, Airs Full 3rd Party Debates

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+50 more 
posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   
On Tuesday night , RT hosted a historical third-party presidential debate in response to the blackout from both the corporate media and the American political elite . RT was one of only a handful of media outlets to broadcast this year's third-party presidential debate . The debate was moderated by multi-award winning broadcast journalist Larry King . Before taking the stage, each candidate was interviewed by a panel that included RT's Thom Hartmann and the event's organizers .

3rd Party Presidential Debate Speakers :

1. Gary Johnson - Libertarian Party
2. Jill Stein - Green Party
3. Rocky Anderson - Justice Party
4. Virgil Goode - Constitution Party

The oligarchy continues to use every device in their arsenal to maintain the power structure of the two-party duopoly depicted in the false paradigm of reality projected into the psyche of the masses.

Their arsenal includes a parroting corporate media that is controlled through conflicts of interest with governments and corporations as well as censorship of both the executive and self-imposed type to prevent being labeled as a fringe thinker with opinions outside of the elites scripted mainstream narrative.

Thanks to the wonderful age of the internet viewership of the corporate media continues to plummet at astronomical rates as people finally begin realizing through media outlets such as blogs and social networks that many more people are aware of the corruption and are just outright fed up.

The word continues to be spread person to person and more people realize that their friends and neighbors are just as revolted by the systemic corruption.

As it does thee search for alternatives to the two parties that work together to serve their own interest at the detriment of ours is beginning continues.

Now the spotlight is finally starting to turn to options that stand up for core American ideals and values that the juggernaut of sleaze has destroyed in their reckless journey down the path toward the implementation of a complete system of a totalitarian police state justified by endless perpetual war against self-created enemies being manufactured to justify the system.

Military lobby, police state, enemy maker: US 3d party debate wrap-up

Jill Stein: Americans are being thrown under the bus

Rare On Air: Third party candidates to hold televised debate

US Third Party Presidential Debate (Moderated by Larry King)

You can watch also watch the video HERE

edit on 24-10-2012 by Caltrops because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Now THIS is a kick ass thread!

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by solarstorm
Now THIS is a kick ass thread!

This Debate will Create Havoc among those who want Total Control over Population through Media Manipulation

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 12:01 AM
link   
very exciting debate, lots of good talking points.
real issues being discussed by real people

i cant praise russia today enough for screening this.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 12:19 AM
link   
logged in just to flag this. thanks OP.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 12:23 AM
link   
I wonder.... Doesn't it cross a line somewhere when a State owned organization of a foreign nation hosts an event like this? Russia TV isn't just a cute moniker...That's RUSSIA TV as much as Voice of America is American. Both absolutely insist upon independent editorial control and such...and Hey, I read them both for the aspects of news they offer.

I think a major network absolutely should have hosted this...but again, Russia TV is State Owned by the Russian Federation by way of the Ria Novosti Network in Moscow.

I never bother mentioning this because it rarely matters. Their news is just part of a whole and as right and wrong as anyone else.....but this seems pretty direct into the politics of the United States Presidential Race...for a Russian State Property to be getting?

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
I wonder.... Doesn't it cross a line somewhere when a State owned organization of a foreign nation hosts an event like this? Russia TV isn't just a cute moniker...That's RUSSIA TV as much as Voice of America is American. Both absolutely insist upon independent editorial control and such...and Hey, I read them both for the aspects of news they offer.

I think a major network absolutely should have hosted this...but again, Russia TV is State Owned by the Russian Federation by way of the Ria Novosti Network in Moscow.

I never bother mentioning this because it rarely matters. Their news is just part of a whole and as right and wrong as anyone else.....but this seems pretty direct into the politics of the United States Presidential Race...for a Russian State Property to be getting?

RT just carried it on air, as did C-SPAN. It was organized by something called the "Fair and Equal Elections Foundation" source

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

You're right, a major network should have covered this. Had I not opened this thread, the existence of a third party debate moderated by Larry King would have been completely missed by me, and likely many others as well. Needless to say, I leave a flag here.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Really enjoyed this debate..

there are a couple of threads on ATS that covered it..

Good news is there is one more debate scheduled for next week in Washington DC..

2 of the 4 (depending on the post debate vote) will appear for the final debate..

Thanks to RT, AlJazeera, LinkTV, online streams, and CSPAN for covering the debate.. and huge thanks to freeandequal.org for organizing the event..

There was much more substance in that 90 minute debate than the entire 4 MSM broadcast debates combined..

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Ahh.. You're right. The OP said RT hosted this.... My bad. Ora TV hosted it...just reported by RT. Can't get that bad smell off about it though.... Oh well... Maybe it's just me...

Carlos Slim Helú, the Mexican billionaire, is financing an Internet television network called Ora.tv that will feature Larry King, the former CNN interviewer, in a return to the interviewer’s chair.

The network, to be announced on Monday, is the latest indication of Mr. Slim’s interests in Internet broadcasting and in televisionlike content. It will have a slate of shows of varying lengths and will stream them via the Internet to computers, phones and television sets in the United States, Latin America and elsewhere, bypassing traditional television distribution systems.
Source

So much this cycle...just has that odd smell to it.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 02:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Caltrops

Now I don't have to say "I'll vote for a 3rd party" .. I cast my ballot today, Gary Johnson all the way!

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Star and Flag!

This made my day.

Too bad only those of us in the know will be watching it.

ETA: Don't know if it was already posted but I found this:

A second debate will take place on Tuesday, October 30, at 9 p.m., which will be streamed live on the Free and Equal Elections Foundation website, and other media outlets to be announced.

www.bu.edu...

edit on 10/25/2012 by itsallmaya because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Having been in Europe for years now, I have come to know many russians. They are more down to earth than americans and don´t always need a group to solve their problems (see photo - grins).

RT is a good Channel with a fairly honest news watch. But give it another five years and who knows? Inevitably entropy and corruption breaks down all man-made systems. Especially large news corporations owned by governments or filthy rich media moguls with a vested interest in keeping good relations with professional liars, sorry, politicians.

edit on 25-10-2012 by johncarter because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by sonik
logged in just to flag this. thanks OP.

You are welcome .

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by JacKatMtn
Really enjoyed this debate..

there are a couple of threads on ATS that covered it..

Good news is there is one more debate scheduled for next week in Washington DC..

2 of the 4 (depending on the post debate vote) will appear for the final debate..

Thanks to RT, AlJazeera, LinkTV, online streams, and CSPAN for covering the debate.. and huge thanks to freeandequal.org for organizing the event..

There was much more substance in that 90 minute debate than the entire 4 MSM broadcast debates combined..

We are lucky to have news sources like those you mentioned above
. Sadly , News sources like CNN , BBC never mentioned regarding these candidates .
edit on 25-10-2012 by Caltrops because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Caltrops

I watched the full video posted by elPresidente our political member. One thing that was like chalk on the black board was a sabotage of the whole event and brought it to a very low level and very unprofessional. First of all the lady who sits with King is an idiot, she makes terribly bad mistakes including not giving King the proper roll of order. They were supposed to have the opening statements before the first question and then when it was discovered they messed up, it went down hill from there.

It was as if they really did all they could to discredit the whole debate, I was mortified by the way it went.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by JacKatMtn

Hopefully they will be able to clean it up and present it in a more professional way next week. Keep us informed as to when it will happen and where to watch it. I do appreciate your interest in this important matter, I found the link to elPresidentes post through one of yours or I would have missed it.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
Ahh.. You're right. The OP said RT hosted this.... My bad. Ora TV hosted it...just reported by RT. Can't get that bad smell off about it though.... Oh well... Maybe it's just me...

Carlos Slim Helú, the Mexican billionaire, is financing an Internet television network called Ora.tv that will feature Larry King, the former CNN interviewer, in a return to the interviewer’s chair.

The network, to be announced on Monday, is the latest indication of Mr. Slim’s interests in Internet broadcasting and in televisionlike content. It will have a slate of shows of varying lengths and will stream them via the Internet to computers, phones and television sets in the United States, Latin America and elsewhere, bypassing traditional television distribution systems.
Source

So much this cycle...just has that odd smell to it.

Actually RT was not the only one that televised the debate . As I have already mentioned above that ' RT was one of only a handful of media outlets to broadcast this year's third-party presidential debate ' . I have also added link to ora.TV to watch the video . And others those involved with the coverage where LinkTV, online streams, and CSPAN . Freeandequal.org organized the event

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   
I watched it on RT.

I've come to really like their news show, "Breaking The Set" with Abby Martin. Sexy and smart lady! Blows away those airheads on Faux News. The show covers a lot of topics MSM won't/doesn't cover. Check the show out if you haven't already. Lots of clips on youtube, too.

Breaking The Set

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   
I love RT. Seriously one of the last real investigative news network around. Many of the pieces by Abby Martin regarding the 1%, Anonymous, TSA, etc., are diamonds in a world of fodder propaganda and engineered "news".

They are alone in their integrity and pursuit of the truth in the journalism space. I feel like it will be hard for them to keep it up in today's world. The more their viewership increases, the more pressure they will find themselves under, or tempting offers presented, to conform/sell out. Bless them (and I'm agnostic) for their work.
edit on 10/25/2012 by AkumaStreak because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join