It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AP, NY Times: Growing Anxiety Among Democrats

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   
AP, NY Times: Growing Anxiety Among Democrats

The Democrats and Liberals in general do seem a bit panicky lately.

Lots of over reactions and wild over emphasizing of small potato issues as well as major deflections from the economy.

It has really stepped up since Romney accelerated in the general polls.

Obama himself has been a bit jittery lately too.

His wild reactions are self evident and of course, the "Libya Thing" is really getting in the way.

The M$M is doing their best.

Two stories published this week note that Democrats are increasingly uneasy as they see challenger Mitt Romney surging in the polls. While Democrats still expect Obama to pull off a win, there is a dawning realization that this is not going to be anything like the 2008 election.

An AP story published Tuesday highlights the anxiety Democrats in Ohio are feeling. One of those anxious supporters of the President is 57-year-old Cheryl Austin, who says she sees a lot of Romney signage in her town, and it "concerns" her. Tom Joseph, another Obama supporter, tells the AP, "I don't see near that many Democrat signs." Polls show the President still leading in Ohio, though his advantage there has diminished over the last month.

A similar note of concern appeared in a NY Times story published Monday. "The president, aware of deepening worry among Democrats about the prospect of losing the White House..." is how the Times sets up a story on Romney's momentum. The story notes the tone in Romney's Boston HQ has shifted from gallows humor last month to real optimism.

Why the "Panic" ?

What is everybody so afraid of ?

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Little late to try and stir up fear

After Obama took care of the last to debates I am feeling pretty good actually.

The two swing states that Obama NEEDS to win haven't wavered to Romney.

Plus the other states are still competitive, I think you guys fear the black communist
Muslim might have enough time to actually fix the economy. Then you guys will
Be lost and broken.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   
I was going to reply with a well thought out post.

Then I clicked on the link and saw it was an article from Breitbart....

back to plahing my ps3!

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by campanionator

Wow, that card came out quick You must have had it ready lol

Fact is I would vote for a black communist muslim, if I thought he was working for the people in America.

The sad truth is President Obama will win the election. America will have four more years of the PotUS blaming everyone and their brothers for the failures of the administration.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Funny thing....I know 1000s of democrats/liberals...and not a one of them feels anxiety over the election; much less panic.

Keep canoeing that canoe...

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

This is going to be a very close election, everyone should feel a little anxiety.

If anyone at this point is overly confident that the candidate they support is definitely going to win, then they just aren't paying attention or know the facts.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Watching from outside your system, let me see if I've got this right. A GOP representative saying rape is god's agenda, mitt's boy saying he wanted to deck obama (great to see how far the apple falls from the tree when mitt is trying to give the impression that he isn't some pug bully boy in o/s policy) there's a GOP idiot on the SCIENCE COMMITTEE that openly states that science is spawned in the pits of hell and mitt flip flops more than my pair of thongs (flip flops in your language).

That's just a lightning fast glance at what the GOP is offering.

Yep, I can see why the dems would be worried.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by 200Plus

Wow, that card came out quick You must have had it ready lol

Fact is I would vote for a black communist muslim, if I thought he was working for the people in America.

The sad truth is President Obama will win the election. America will have four more years of the PotUS blaming everyone and their brothers for the failures of the administration.

And America will be fine, exports are well up, manufacturing is well up, housing is up.

If you did not grasp how devastating the economic crash was that's your fault.

Obama did damn good considering the destruction, time heals all woes and
When the dust clears all these inane talking points the anti Obama crowd makes
Will evaporate.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   
I have to say I liked this post better than the first. A solid arguement that is "pro-Obama" rather than simply "anti-Romney" or more blaming and baiting (for the most part)

I would have loved to have seen President Obama mention a lot more of what he has done for Americans. Maybe my eyes are shut to the whole circus and I missed it.

I will have to admit that I did not witness the depth of the economic collapse as President Obama had me in Iraq, same as Bush.

I want to make clear that what I am saying is not directed at you, so please do not take it that way. We need more people in office that run on merit and can complete their promises to the public. It should be "what I did" or "what I will do" rather than "_______ did" or" _______ wants". That is a major issue for both parties.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by campanionator

And America will be fine, exports are well up, manufacturing is well up, housing is up.

If you did not grasp how devastating the economic crash was that's your fault.

Obama did damn good considering the destruction, time heals all woes and
When the dust clears all these inane talking points the anti Obama crowd makes
Will evaporate.

So how long do you think it's gonna take to fix Obama's mess?

I mean, he only got us more in debt in 4 years than Bush did in 8.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

What you . and Breitbart see as quiet Nervous, is actually quiet confidence.

I actually like most of the Romney Supporters, and cant wait for the Election to be Over, and they gain Back

their Power of Reason and Common Sense.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 04:47 AM
link   

Plus the other states are still competitive, I think you guys fear the black communist
Be lost and broken.

I don't see how two debates alters his record the past four years a single bit. Sorry.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 05:00 AM
link   

Be lost and broken.

Obama got a little help in debate two from the moderator, and they tried to lie their way to victory. I saw both the last 2 debates as being more or less even. Both candidates lied pretty well. Obama gets a slight lead in debate two because the moderator lied with him. Before you say no the terrorist claim is true ....

“It was one of those moments, and I could even feel that here, you know, when you say something you’re not expecting,” Crowley insisted, admitting she simply couldn’t help herself from unprofessionally inserting herself into a heated dispute between presidential candidates.

“He was right in the main, I just think he picked the wrong word,” Crowley said, echoing the extremely legalistic reading of the facts about what President Obama meant when he said “acts of terror” in reference to the Benghazi attack.

newsbusters.org...

The moderator herself says Romney was RIGHT with what he said. She admits she helped Obama and simply couldn't help herself.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   

time heals all woes and When the dust clears all these inane talking points the anti Obama crowd makes
Will evaporate.

Tell that to our nuclear stockpile, his plan to end nuclear arms proliferation is only working for the U.S., all the other countries we could easily become enemies to are not disarming, but rather are increasing their arsenal which would leave us defenseless, the only thing that's going to evaporate will be our nation. Then there's his plan to cut our military by half, amoung his insane executive orders like NDAA and re-signing the Patriot Act after he promised he wouldn't and then there's his drone executions on U.S. citizens without so much as due process and ofcourse the placing of malcontents who speak out against him on terrorist watchlists so that they cannot take flights.

edit on 25-10-2012 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join