It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do people believe in the story of Jesus but cannot even acknowledge that Aliens abduct people???

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Just watched the Travis Walton story on Paranormal witness. I have never seen what the other eyewitnesses believed or heard their stories. Travis has been made out to be a hoaxter, liar, delusional etc... Watching the emotions from his co-workers was moving. Especially the boss and the shy guy. dont know their names but apparently this event traumatized each and every one of them. I thought the Sheriff actually finally believed these guys but to this day he does not . He still believes it was made up and Travis hid out for a few days. Now they should get an academy award for that show. They showed raw emotion. So back to the Sheriff. Im sure if i were to ask if he believed everything in the bible and the story of Jesus he would say of course. Jesus walked the earth, cured people, died and rose, came back to the disciples etc... but aliens nope!!!!!!!! Its wild. If i had not had the experienvces I have had in my life them i would be skeptical too. Im skeptical of the jesus story the way it has been told deciphered whatever. It isnt even a eye witness testimony it is stories handed down over generation and then written. Why do people have such a hard time believing paranormal stuff when in all essence Jesus, if he existed, was an ALIEN????????????
edit on 24-10-2012 by sd211212 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by sd211212

Then we can believe in Bigfoot too, and Loch Ness. They have witnesses too, and blurry photos. Why exclude them as well?

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Dear sd211212,

Sort of seems like you are stretching it a bit and trying to compare unrelated things. There are many atheist that don't believe in aliens, it is not limited to Christians and there are certainly Christians who believe aliens may or do exist. Why create a disagreement when there does not have to be? It really seems as if you are just Christian baiting.

As for your analysis of the New Testament, you are not even close. When the New Testament was put together churches that had received letters and parchments from people who they knew met to decide what would be included. These churches had often treasured the documents for years. The church did not just pop up in a day because someone published a book, written by people they didn't know. Peter, Paul and others started the churches, the same people that wrote the letters and documents.

While I don't have a problem with possibility of aliens existing, I do have issues with them coming here as they would have to violate the laws of physics. What you stated is basically equivalent to me asking why people who believe in aliens have a problem with the laws of physics.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by gavron

Not excluding anything. The question is why are witnesses to paranormal or out of the ordinary events dismissed as nuts or delusional, but belief in Jesus is the norm. If i were to say I dont believe jesus's story to a christian I would be ridiculed and told I was going to hell for not believing a story about a man who walked the earth 2000 years ago. But there is no proof of him walking this earth.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by sd211212
Jesus, if he existed, was an ALIEN????????????

S&F for that bit

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Reply to post by sd211212

Even if one were to believe in the story of Jesus its still more plausible than someone saying they were abducted by aliens. I only say that because Jesus was born human according to the bible, whatever he supposedly did after is irrelevant. The fact that he was born on the Earth and there are eye witness accounts of him help a whole lot. Alien abductions never have a large amount of witnesses.....

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   

He still believes it was made up and Travis hid out for a few days. Now they should get an academy award for that show.

And he is not the only one. I work in a building with a guy that went to high school with Travis. I asked him about this whole ordeal long before I even ever knew this show was going to be aired.

The guy busted out laughing and said he knows it was made up bunk, and so does everybody else in that town.

As for the raw emotion? They have had years to perfect it, and don't ya know the all got paid for that show!
edit on 24-10-2012 by Sissel because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by AQuestion

Im not baiting christians and i know how the bible came together. My point and I guess Im not stating it clearly., people who have seen very strange things, my self included are labeled nuts liars etc... Now there are people out there that are nuts, But credible witnesses are still shunned by most of the pop of this world. I was just using how most people believe in Jesus, GOD, mohammed etc.... and the believe those stories with no problems. Now have someone tell a story of alien abduction with witnesses and ahh they are all lying. As for the laws of physics, and i assume you mean it would take light years for them to reach us etc. well I dont think we fully understand all the dimensions that are around us. But thats different subject. I just find it interesting how alien ,ufo witnesses are treated very poorly. Not all are delusional nut cases. Things have been seen by credible witnesses but it is still taboo.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by acmpnsfal

well how about jesus bringing someone back to life, or curing someone of blindness on the spot. That seems not so unbelievable??? Or him transforming himself infront of the disciples and telling them not to touch him until he fully beams in !! If you believe the story of Jesus then Aliens do exist because he said he is not of this world !!

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   

I see what you are saying. Why would someone believe in religious personas like Jesus without even a blurry photo, when they will often refuse to believe in phenomena with a living and tested witness who is alive today.

There was little real evidence of the life of Jesus before some recent finds, it was based on stories from hundreds of years ago passed on.

I am thinking it is about being taught something by parents or others from a young age as if it were proved true.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by acmpnsfal

Even if one were to believe in the story of Jesus its still more plausible than someone saying they were abducted by aliens. I only say that because Jesus was born human according to the bible, whatever he supposedly did after is irrelevant. The fact that he was born on the Earth and there are eye witness accounts of him help a whole lot. Alien abductions never have a large amount of witnesses.....

There are no eye witness accounts to the jesus story.

He supposedly raised people from the dead died came back to life and you say non other then his birth counts?

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Sissel

And he knows how??? I dont believe these guys ever waivered from their story. Doesnt look like these guys have made a killing off the story. I just dont see how this story would still have legs after all these years. Ofcourse youll have people who dont believe and laugh and make fun of that was the point of the thread. unless there is video of it it didnt happen and the video will be scrutiized, but a book written 300 years after the death of man is taken as GOSPEL!

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   
This is assuming we know all there is to know about the "law of physics". Which isn't just doubtful, but certainly not the case. To believe we are at the apex of our learning curve with physics is irrational. We have no way of knowing what the future discoveries in science will entail, but it is safe to assume we've only scratched the surface.

Three hundred years from now, we will look at today's capabilities, as rudimentary science - just as we look at three hundred years ago as rudimentary. It's natural to feel superior and as though we are at the height of our game, but save yourself the let down - because we are not there, not even close. We wouldn't have millions dying from things such as hunger, while the more fortunate waste food as though there were none dying of malnutrition, Trust me, we are no where near the top of our game.

As to Christ being an alien - he would have seemed so to us wouldn't he? After all, his father is God who lives up in the heavens with his angels. Seems rather extra-terrestrial. So I understand where the OP is coming from. Doesn't mean he was though. We have our rock stars today. Those people who have the gift to move people. Why is it so hard to believe that people from that time had magnetism to? They had their own famous people, with the gift of speech and persuasion. The power to effectively cause change and movement. It's not rocket science, it's human nature. There is a reason we associate our earth bound stars with those in the sky. We are always looking up. Have been since the beginning.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   

No lol. First of all there are two major differences here, the story of Jesus is extremely old while alien abductions are a modern thing. I dont think anybody who believes the story of Jesus today claims to have seen him do anything in person. Abductees claim to have been abducted, sometimes multiple times, and are usually the only ones who know its going on. Every account I have seen/read involves a ship which noone but the abductee sees. In todays world where pretty much everyone has a device that can record video or take a picture...I find abductees hard to believe.

link   

Originally posted by Char-Lee

I see what you are saying. Why would someone believe in religious personas like Jesus without even a blurry photo, when they will often refuse to believe in phenomena with a living and tested witness who is alive today.

There was little real evidence of the life of Jesus before some recent finds, it was based on stories from hundreds of years ago passed on.

I am thinking it is about being taught something by parents or others from a young age as if it were proved true.

Thats exactly the reason, its called brainwashing.

link   
Reply to post by Char-Lee

The gospels are eye witness testimony.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   

. If i were to say I dont believe jesus's story to a christian I would be ridiculed and told I was going to hell for not believing a story about a man who walked the earth 2000 years ago.

I don't believe Jesus's story, and people haven't told me I was going to hell for that.

It depends where you are in the world if you believe in God. In the former East Germany, only 13% believe in God. SOURCE

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   

I think it a fair question. Look at the ridicule Dennis Kucinich recieved for admitting to a UFO sighting when asked at the democratic primary debate a few years ago. Somehow it is almost mandatory as a presidential candidate to be religous and have a firm belief in an invisible creator. And, to believe in all the stories of the holy books no matter how seemingly nonsensical they may seem to a non believer. But mention UFOs and suddenly you are subject to ridicule. Hopefully this thread does not just become a religous bashing thread, peoples faith is important to them and it is unseemly to ridicule that IMO, but still the question posed by the OP is intriguing and fair.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Dear sd211212,

Lets say that you are not baiting and see where this goes. Lets look at the question backwards, why did people 2,000 years ago believe in Jesus and why didn't they believe in aliens? Or simply put, why don't people believe in aliens or alien abductions (that is putting it in a non-confrontational manner)? There are many reasons because different people don't believe in aliens here on earth for different reasons.

There are questions that need to be asked and answered. Why do alien abductions often result in crude invasive medical exams, have they not evolved enough to us scanners or other technologies as we have? Why haven't they bothered using the airwaves to broadcast to us? If they don't want to be observed then why do they interact with us at all.

Is it possible that there are aliens, well, as one person said, if there aren't any other beings in the universe than we sure are wasting a lot of space. Are they coming here is a different issue, personally, I remain open to the possibility; but, I haven't seen enough compelling evidence.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by acmpnsfal
Reply to post by Char-Lee

The gospels are eye witness testimony.

No they are not...eye witness means told by someone who was a witness to the things that happened.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join