It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BBC poll shows overwhelming WORLD support for Obama.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Good thing the world is not voting. Well... not yet anyways.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Didn't really need a poll to find that one out did they..

Ignorant to American politics we lowly restoftheworld may be, but while all the anti Obama whoopin' and a'hollerin' got louder we all just sat back, scratched our heads and said to each other "Well I kinda like him, hey at least he's not Bush"

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Suspiria

Ignorant to American politics we lowly restoftheworld may be, but while all the anti Obama whoopin' and a'hollerin' got louder we all just sat back, scratched our heads and said to each other "Well I kinda like him, hey at least he's not Bush"

Supposedly the world hated us for Gitmo and drone strikes. Drone strikes are up and Gitmo is still open.

It's called DELUSION. You has it.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by NoJoker13
except for your own biased rhetoric,

I don't like either Romney nor Obama ... I consider both to be equally corrupt and both lie.
So how exactly is it 'biased rhetoric' to say that I don't see much daylight between them?
That makes no sense.

Originally posted by Indigo5
Gay Rights...The repeal of don't ask dont tell? The first POTUS to publicly endorse gay marriage.

- Don't ask don't tell was going away anyways.
- Like I said .. Obama did NOTHING to make marriage equality move forward. He 'endorsed gay marriage' two days before he went to a LGBT fundraiser for himself. You didn't hear anything out of him before that and you haven't heard anything out of him since. He has done NOTHING to further marriage equality. And of course Romney wont'. So same/same.

Healthcare reform? Obamacare? Romneycare?

Obamacare/Romneycare. Same/same. Romney will one week say 'repeal obamacare' but the next week he says 'I'm the proud grandfather of Obamacare and will keep what is good in it'. In other words .. it's here to stay.

. Womens's rights? Lilly Ledbetter? It goes on and on...

Romney said he 'supports pay equality and isn't looking to change current law'. So how does the list supposedly 'go on and on' about Obama and Romney and womens rights? What else do you supposedly have? How has Romney been working against 'womens rights'?

it's the bottom floor of the tower of babble for an idealogue

Blah blah blah Insults insults insults. The fact is .. they look pretty much the same to me.
Same lies. Same corruption. Same misleading statements.
Same corporate and special interests. Same cozying with lobbiests.

Military?

Both claim to want a strong military.
Both are continuations of Bush43 when it comes to war and bombing others.
However, Romney said the US 'can't kill it's way out of extremist threats'.
Whereas Obama just calls in the drones and bombs and bombs ...

Energy?

Obama wants to continue to dump good money into failing green energy companies .. probably because his democratic buddies have stock in them. Obama wants to kill coal. Romney wants 'energy independence' from the Middle East. (they all say that but none achieve it). Romney said 'more drilling'. Obama said 'more drilling'. So again .. other than Obama throwing away money on green energy companies that continue to fail .. what's the difference?

Financial regulation?

Okay .. some difference there ...

Social Security?

Neither want to change it for seniors and those 55+. Obama keeps buying the vote saying it'll be there for people younger than that even though it won't be without a major overhaul. Ryan/Romney have stated a plan to save it for those 55+.

Education?

Both claim to want a strong education system.

Immigration?

Their stands on immigration Some is the same. Some is different. Obama wants to open wide the flood gates and let everyone in. (gee .. wonder why? couldn't be to get all those votes for the democrats .. naaaah .. must be out of the goodness of his heart. :shk: ) Romney wants a controlled immigration plan and approves a fast track for those who wish to serve in the military. Both support a border fence. Both support immigration overhaul. Both have their own version of the 'dream act'.

Like I said .. IMHO not enough to say that there is much of a difference between them.
They say they stand for certain things ... but in the end they really don't.
They both lie. Neither can be trusted. They both are up to their eyeballs in special interests.

If YOU see enough of a difference to vote one way or the other .. have at it.
I don't see enough of a difference.
They look like two sides of the same coin to me.

WHATEVER.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by PvtHudson

Originally posted by Suspiria

Supposedly the world hated us for Gitmo and drone strikes. Drone strikes are up and Gitmo is still open.

It's called DELUSION. You has it.

Nah delusion is too strong a word for it, in reality we don't really give a toss which rope you choose to hang yourself with. It goes about as deep as "Cool, the guy can sing!"

Personally though, from our own countries experiences your Republican > our Conservative and most of us wouldn't piss on one of them even if their back teeth were on fire.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by NoJoker13
reply to post by jimmyx

Jimmy the problem is that takes logic, and clearly uncle bob is a Ron Paul supporter and he's gonna fart pixy dust and everything is going to be grand! Didn't you know? That guy can work miracles that no one else can... yet he's in the same system! Something fishy is going here, Ron Paul has brainwashed the said people who think everyone else is already brainwashed.

to affect change in our type of government, there are alot of roadblocks deliberately set in place to not only slow, but to soften the impact of its outcomes. we are a diverse society, and let's face it, in a capitalistic economic system like ours, money, drives decision making

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

flyers....ok...you've made your point....briefly, what diverse sweeping changes would you make....but more importantly, what real-world affects would take place?....examples of...who gets hurt and why, and who benefits and why.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 08:54 AM
link   
I was in Italy a few years ago, as well as Greece and Germany. I also met a lady from Canada and sat next to her at lunch. Do you know what she said? I just love your "Obama", he is so handsome and well-spoken, he will be such a great president. I said "Oh really?" What is it about him that you think he will make a great president? "Well, he just seems so much more intelligent than Bush." Oh." What about his policies do you like?" "Well, he is just so well-spoken."

I also spoke with Germans, Greeks and Italians about Obama. A few Germans did not like him, but most others spoke praisingly of him. The problem is, they could not tell you why. The didn't know squat about his policies or ideology other than what they saw on tv. It bothers me that you, op, think you should have fifty percent of the vote in our country, when it appears that most of the people over there will vote based on someone being well-spoken and handsome. It is bad enough that people do that in our country. You and the rest of the world don't have the right to dictate who votes for our president. Oh, and I won't be voting for Romney either, like other people have mentioned from our country, in many respects they ARE two sides of the same coin.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx
briefly, what diverse sweeping changes would you make....

Briefly ... okay.

This is 2012 ... social issue changes in accord with a SECULAR rule of law (marriage equality; legalized assisted suicide for any adult who wants it for any reason - not just terminal illness; legalize, regulate and tax a certain illegal substance that we aren't supposed to talk about here at ATS, etc) . Time for America to grow up.

We are broke, so be fiscally conservative on debt. We cant' afford to supposedly be building cities in Iraq when our own infrastructure is breaking down. End all foreign aid (which never gets to the people anyways) paid by our tax money and instead take care of our own infrastructure issues and our own people. The 'foreign aid' is usually payoffs to governments anyways. We'd be minding our own business AND helping ourselves.

The private institutions do a bang up job of helping in the 'foreign aid' dept. Faith based and other secular based help groups do a great job. Let them do the foreign 'aid' thing. When they do it .. it actually usually ends up with the people who need it.

Military. Keep it strong. And actually, it's a better welfare system than welfare. People who have no job skills enter the military and get an education and skill training .. and they get paid to do it. When they get out, they have a free education and free skill training. Our military helped out in Haiti and in Japan and after the Christmas Tsunami .. that kind of thing so ... keep it strong and use it as a kind of welfare/job training system.

Because our military is stationed all over the world, those countries don't have to spend money on their own military. I say ... PULL BACK. Make THEM spend their own money on their own defense.

We shouldn't hate Isreal like Obama clearly does. We shouldn't be in bed with it like Romney wants to be. There is a happy medium .. a 'middle way' .. that neither candidate offers.

Immigration. Fast track 'illegal' children who are here through no fault of their own. Fast track those who wish to enter the military and serve our country. Throw in jail those people in the companies who hire illegals. Put up a wall on our southern border (It's not just nice little families trying to find work who cross over). I'd say put one up on the Canadian border but the biggest flow is in the south so put that wall up first.

Healthcare. Parts of Obamacare are good. Other parts are not good. The problem .. it's UNSUSTAINABLE. Obama handed out waivers to his buddies and to left wing groups like they were candy. Everyone has to participate or it won't work. Therefore, come up with a simplified Obama/Romney care that is SUSTAINABLE. The money guys would have to work on that one ...

Taxes. The only fair tax is a flat tax. Everyone pays the same 10% .. be it payroll tax or corporate income or investment income .... be it a rich person or a poor person ... the only fair tax is a flat tax.

Libya, Syria, Etc ... we never should have gone into Libya and we shouldn't be in Syria.
Leave 'em alone.

Iran .. obviously can't be trusted. Keep an eye on them. It's a fluid situation. But don't go to war with them because Israel is having a fit about them. Israel is an ally on paper .. but not in real life.

You said briefly .. did I hit the big things okay?

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Suspiria

Thanks for the reply, those are all that matter to me, the world view since this is what this thread is about. Clearly I proved the point that most Americans are arrogant morons who could 'careless what the world thinks', like we don't live on the same planet or something. Again thanks for the reply, Obama 2012.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

On your post to jimmyx, I agree with much of it, here's what I don't agree with. Walling in our borders. Obama being against Israel. Pretty much it, so at the end of the day we're not to different are we? I don't view Israel as someone we should be backing all the time, yeah they're the foot hold in the Middle East but it's time we left there and allowed the dumb asses who want the sand box called the holy land, to have it. Obama has increased aid to them on more then one occasion so I don't necessarily see the connection to him 'hating' them, unless you believe BS republican propaganda about us sitting through Ahmadinejad's UN speech since we HATE Israel O so much. Putting up fences just makes people want to get in more, it's a proven fact, and it causes the population to be oppressed. Not every American fears immigrants or believes naively enough that we could survive without them since clearly new age America consists of what? That's right fat ass lazy WHITE people who are usually bigot driven racists that don't want to do a god damn thing but complain and complain some more about jobs that were stolen from them or the fact that Obama is trying to turn this country Muslim. I think first things first is clean up our Welfare system, which again consists of mostly WHITE lazy southerners, not people of ethnic race like the public is led to believe. Ethnic welfare is a bigger issue in the blue sates where people actually pay there taxes, don't believe me look it up. So in short our country needs to get off their lazy asses and actually do something for themselves for once, rebuild the farming industry, start producing more. Otherwise, like every other consuming nation, the party can't go on forever and we're finally realizing that... well, hopefully. Republican's who have consistently outspent Democratic presidents 2:1 certainly should not be what we are looking in a president, since our countries spending needs to decrease and has under Obama. In fact our countries spending is as low as it's been in about 40-50 years, and since that's already on top of the original debt it doesn't seem like much but it is for the people who can look past BS propaganda. Can't disagree with Forbes when it comes to money or can you? www.forbes.com...
ed it on 25-10-2012 by NoJoker13 because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-10-2012 by NoJoker13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by artnut

Although I agree that many might not understand American politics, I strongly disagree that these guys are two sides of the same coin. Clearly if you look at their moral and ethical standards they're two totally different people, you have to look not further then sponsored legislation.
edit on 25-10-2012 by NoJoker13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx

Originally posted by bobs_uruncle
reply to post by NoJoker13

Is there something about the illusion of choice I missed here? Both Romney and Obama will do what their handler (notice, not plural, they have the same handler) tells them. Policy change does not come with a change in parties. It's an illusion or an outright lie. Obama kept wars going, got involved in a few new ones, made the patriot act worse, instituted the NDAA, allowed businesses to send most of their jobs offshore causing huge unemployment problems, blew over trillion dollars in deficit spending and still hasn't reigned in the FED.

Romney will do no better, they both have to go. I just don't know how that is going to happen. They will probably deny "write-ins" in the election and fraudulently pick the candidate of their choice, not the voters choice. Seems like a spot between a rock and a hard place to me.

Cheers - Dave

if you can't see the difference dave, your not looking very hard. this isn't rocket science, the wealthy win if romney wins, if obama wins, the rest of us get a reprive from being further screwed over
edit on 25-10-2012 by jimmyx because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-10-2012 by jimmyx because: addition

Oh puhlease, you've got two turds in a bucket, you can see them, they both look different, but they both stink, they're in the same bucket and they both came out of the same @sshole. How hard is that to understand?

If you think that Obama or Romney is any better than the other, I hate to say it, but I don't think you've been paying attention and I don't think my words will change that. Go back and drink a little more fascistio brand kool-aid and keep telling yourself that elections are real, your vote means something, the mainstream media always tells the truth, international bankers aren't greedy psychopaths and that politicians never lie to get what they or their handlers want.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   

All looks a bit flawed to me. Really can most people in Kenya tell the the difference between a Democrat and a Republican...

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Military. Keep it strong. And actually, it's a better welfare system than welfare. People who have no job skills enter the military and get an education and skill training .. and they get paid to do it. When they get out, they have a free education and free skill training. Our military helped out in Haiti and in Japan and after the Christmas Tsunami .. that kind of thing so ... keep it strong and use it as a kind of welfare/job training system.

Or they come out in a black bag. Thats the other potential outcome to be fair.

If the military has to be used as a means to give the youth a future (or get rid of them) then something is very wrong.

I dont understand why the government employing the poor to go and get blown up (as a means to keep them off the streets) is politically ok and american, while the government putting those same people to civilian public works (for the exact same reasons) would be bad.

You either support the government 'making work' to cover up the fact that the manufacturing jobs are all gone abroad and the education system is broken, or you don't. The principle is exactly the same whether its civil or military make work. Neither is sustainable economically into the long term.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by MystikMushroom

If they were registered voters here in the States, then I'd care. They, however, are not. So, for the purposes of this exercise, their opinion is of no importance. Just as my opinion on who the next President of France is completely unimportant.

But I will say this...

The rest of the world seems to care a great deal more than some Americans I know... Which truly is a shame.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   

I live in the UK, and yes the BBC will support anyone who is not Christian or white, sorry but it's true, getting a job these days in the BBC if your white is a no no, getting a job in the BBC if your a Christian is a no no, so yes of course the BBC will give Obama 100% support, sorry it's fact.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 02:27 AM
link   
The average I.Q. in the USA is around 60 to 65.
edit on 26-10-2012 by Red Cloak because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 03:09 AM
link   
People seem to expect too much from a new president. I do understand in 2008 Obama made people hope for more than he has delivered, but hey, he ain't jesus (and your congress wasn't cooperative). As for the choice between Obama and Romney: look at how Romney cuts Medicaid bij 1.7 trillion dollars. If I could vote, it wouldn't be hard to choose. You're better of with Obama and odds are he will be re-elected.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 06:47 AM
link   
reply to post by bobs_uruncle

So then you think it's okay to elect a man who is morally and ethically backwards? Wants to cause further cultural gaps by causing more homophobia? Wants to put women back in the kitchen? But yeah those two guys their the same.

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join