It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Germany Wants Its Gold Back From The Federal Reserve In New York

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by KhufuKeplerTriangle

Actually , there was a program (space warfare) using satellite that hold rows of 25 foot solid tungsten rods, the satellite are called "rods from god", when dropped from space onto a target, it would be the equivalent of a meteor hitting the target, but no radiation, and no long term effects. Check it out ^^ I don't know if they were "built" but IM sure with all this missing money they very well could be a few of them up there for shtf ww3 haha got you last type deal, never know with the u.s were crazy.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   
I just read the whole thread and most of the replies crack me up.

7 billion dollars, oh no.........That really isn't much to talk about.

Hell, the Walton's could pay that and still be billionaires.

Our government wastes more than that in a few days.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 03:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by ~widowmaker~
reply to post by spleenika

were you withdrawring 7.8 billion dollars? heh

Well if you scale me up to the 4th largest economy in the world such as Germany, with a GDP of $3.57 Trillion, you could say $7.8 billion is similar to withdrawals I've made that did not make the news.

heh

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Our money is not backed up by gold

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by zigguratvertigo
My instinct tells me they want the gold back before that becomes impossible. One day America will just lock down it's borders and tell China, and everybody else to go swivel. I don't think the game plan is to ever pay off their external debt.

I agree that the status of current affairs are likely making some governments who have "off-shore" holdings somewhat nervous, especially with regards the the USA.

Regarding "paying off debt": It will never be paid off, as it was designed for that to be impossible... and that is the real reason for the apprehension IMO. People at the top aren't stupid. They know when you flush a toilet, the water circles the drain and flows down into the sewer....

Why would Germany (or any country) store their gold anywhere but their own country is something I'd like to know. How dumb is that.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by liejunkie01
I just read the whole thread and most of the replies crack me up.

7 billion dollars, oh no.........That really isn't much to talk about.

Hell, the Walton's could pay that and still be billionaires.

Our government wastes more than that in a few days.

It's less about the amount, and more about what their inquiry says

Every heard the phrase "speculation drives the market" ?

That's what this is.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Caltrops

Originally posted by tombangelta
i find it sad that in the year 2012 even though money is not based on gold we still consider this metal valuable just because its shiny

But Gold is the real Wealth .

That's NOT TRUE!!! LAND is the REAL WEALTH!

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Found an update on this - looks like the Germans want their gold back.
Wonder if the NY Fed has it?

It Begins: Bundesbank To Commence Repatriating Gold From New York Fed

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Im surprised they let us "hold it" for them this long. Sheesh, if I had any gold, no way would I trust our government to "hold it" for me.

I suppose in my world, if someone is foolish enough to let another person who they didnt usualy get along with hold their gold then they deserve the obvious results of its been spent.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 04:22 PM
link   
I just noticed this in my countrys online version of very reliable economic newspaper.. i run through google translate so bear with it.

German Bundesbank central bank to repatriate as much as 674 tons of gold in the world. At current market prices to be repatriated in terms of gold valued at around 27 billion euros. Return to the Federal Republic of Germany transportable bars tucked away in today in Paris and New York-based vaults. The withdrawal is to be treated by 2020. Wednesday, the Bundesbank reported by the transport of gold bars were launched this year. The intention is that the end of the decade half of the German state gold assets physically located in Frankfurt. As part of the transport wants back in Germany, including all the 374 tonnes of gold, which are currently stored in the vaults of the Bank of France. German and French central banks of both the European Central Bank (ECB) under. The ECB is in the euro area as a common central bank. According to the Bundesbank gold bullion repatriation of the French central bank vaults due to the fact that the French no longer have to act as an intermediary between the gold exchange, as both countries use the euro.

Bundesbank board member Carl-Ludwig Thiele withdrawal of gold from France does not cause diplomatic problems. Countries, central bankers have also discussed the decision in advance, Thiele said. German Court raised a debate last year, when it called for Bundesbank determine more accurately the foreign reserves of gold bullion in the situation. Court, the Bundesbank's gold assets abroad and kept the situation is not properly certified. Germany has the world's largest after the U.S. gold reserves. At the end of last year, the German gold reserves consisted of 3 391 tonnes of gold. World prices in terms of the value of reserves moves 137.5 billion.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Max Keiser - good video on the German Gold.

rt.com...

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join