It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Germany Wants Its Gold Back From The Federal Reserve In New York

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Gold is valuable for the same reason money is: people want it. Other than some impressive properties as a conductor and enormous ductility, there's no actual reason that gold is expensive other than human perception. It's sufficiently rare on earth that the supply can be controlled, and more importantly, it's one of the few metallic elements that can be identified by colour alone.

Regarding its origins, gold is indeed from space, like all other elements heavier than iron (atomic number higher than 26, weight higher than 55.845g/mol). Iron is the last stable element produced by a dying star, and can trigger a supernova when it forms. All heavier elements than iron are formed by the r-process in a supernova. Therefore, that gold ring you're wearing, that was blasted out of a star 5-6 billion years ago and eventually made it to the Sol system.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by icepack

I don't think that it is mind-games (delusions). America and the world today is completely different in many aspects of the post WW2 or even the cold war and due precisely to the changes prompted by those events and then some other game changers...

the actual values like education, technology, plants and equipments, work force are still present and available.

In general education today across the board in the world has declined in quality and practical applications, most nations (even those that shouldn't) are investing in Tertiary sector of the economy (intellectual property and why the US is going crazy about it is linked to this idiotic strategy). One thing that they forgot is that specialization comes at the cost of versatility there is also the problem of the costs of obtaining higher education and that the prices and quality are not homogeneous across the globe. Much more could be said but this simple facts prove that changes in education have deep economic and social impact, this is the pressure that for instance is a factor from the problem of emigration the US has from Mexico...

The biggest error of calculation (or intentional attempt to crash it all) was to bring China into the WTO without linking it to social requirements. Consider how Europe came out of the Feudalism structure, it had to do with demographics and maintaining the living standard (the plague etc) all combined to a pressure to give work value in place of exploitation of the impoverished masses (the serfs) what we got with the integration of China (and India) was a decline in competition barriers for their production but no link to improvements in social quality, wages, local investment etc or even barriers that would prevent bottom feeders to dislocate and exploit the lower production costs...

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Caltrops

the value of gold is just an idea.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheSparrowSings

Originally posted by tombangelta
i find it sad that in the year 2012 even though money is not based on gold we still consider this metal valuable just because its shiny

It has a heck of a lot more value than the paper monopoly money that we are told is ``real`` currency. Don`t you agree...
edit on 23/10/2012 by TheSparrowSings because: (no reason given)

Ounce for ounce...absolutely not. $10,000 worth of purchasing power in $100 bills weighs about 4 oz. 4 oz of gold is worth less than $7,000 in purchasing power.

Paper money is a representation of purchasing power, assigned a value based on market conditions. That purchasing power fluctuates (usually downward over time.) Gold is also a representation of purchasing power. The benefit to gold is that over time the purchasing power doesn't change. 150 one-ounce gold coins will buy you a nice house in the suburbs today, and will still buy the same house 50 years from now. $255,000 on the other hand, probably will not 50 years from now.

But unless you're talking about future value, saying that gold is worth more than paper money is simply not true. 1 oz of gold is worth $1700 (more or less) and vice versa. They're not different in value, they are simply different representations of value, with different attributes (gold holds value, paper money is easier to use.)

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnPhoenix

Originally posted by KhufuKeplerTriangle
Thank you for posting this article. By the way, did you know that the origin of gold and silver was recently published on many websites and in magazines early this year and late last year -- the scientists think it comes from Novas and Star Fusion events; for example, to produce gold, you need two well-balanced gravitationally-linked stars to slowly fuse together. For some reason this starts the reaction that emits mono-atomic gold and sends those particles flying through space! It could be that many of them coalesce in the magnetic fields near those stars and form the things we call meteors and asteroids; which explains the interest of companies like Planetary Resources in harvesting SpaceRock for gold and other metals and minerals.

I posit that given the right conditions it may be possible to simulate this type of fusion in the laboratory and literally produce gold locally.

The origin of gold is Outer Space? Well, I guess that's one theory. I wonder if it will ever be proven.

We do know of one way gold is made on earth. Gold is made from bacteria.

The gold you see in the photo above was not found in a river or a mine. It was produced by a bacteria that, according to researchers at Michigan State University, can survive in extreme toxic environments and create 24-karat gold nuggets. Pure gold. Accoding to Kashefi, they are doing "microbial alchemy" by "something that has no value into a solid [in fact, it the toxic material they use does cost money. Less than gold, but still plenty], precious metal that's valuable."

The bacteria is incredibly resistant to this toxic element. In fact, it's 25 times stronger than previously thought. The researchers' compact factory—which they named The Great Work of the Metal Lover—holds the bacteria as they feed it the gold chloride. In about a week, the bacteria does its job, processing all that junk into the precious metal—a process they believe happens regularly in nature.

So yes, basically, Cupriavidus metallidurans can eat toxins and poop out gold nuggets.

gizmodo.com...

Read your article more closely.

The bacteria aren't creating the gold, they are filtering it from a gold/chloride solution. The gold already exists.

All gold comes from the stars.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Its their gold.

Why does it not make the news when I withdraw from my own bank account?

Because its not news.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   
I hope they have a use for Tungsten.
because they will get gold plated Tungsten.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by buddha
I hope they have a use for Tungsten.
because they will get gold plated Tungsten.
I hear tungsten makes great anodes for space travel engines.

That is about the only use I know. Dem Nazis can hitch a ride elsewhere imo.
I do feel sorry for them about the gold though.
10 years ago I was hearing their economy was really hitting the fan.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   
so when bane steals the shipment will they make a movie out of it ?

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Good luck getting their gold back, the gold market is rough right now, anyone hear about the guy who bought a 18k gold bar by a reputable gold seller in NY and found out only 3k of outer layer gold was what he paid for? It had an internal bar of a metal with similar weight of gold. And another claim is that the US gold reserves are partially filled with similar fillers.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Razimus
Good luck getting their gold back, the gold market is rough right now, anyone hear about the guy who bought a 18k gold bar by a reputable gold seller in NY and found out only 3k of outer layer gold was what he paid for? It had an internal bar of a metal with similar weight of gold. And another claim is that the US gold reserves are partially filled with similar fillers.
Makes me very angry. It's hard to believe what happens in our country.

In the past, there was great transparency, some monarchs etc. were really not that bad.
Crap like this started happening more when Mayors and builders etc. came into power and pushed the monarchies away...

Like it or not, a monarch is safer (because the people can rise up and replace him) than a government of cabalists who hide behind puppets like Obama and Bush and Romney etc

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Lead is successfully transmuted into gold but the cost of the process far exceeds the price of gold.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by tombangelta

oh its much more than "shiny"..

you should look into what its really used for..

and then you will understand why its valued so..

White Powder Gold

Google Video Link

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by dogstar23

This depends on how you classify value. Value to me is usefulness. Paper money is using its usefulness, since people are using electronic funds more and more. Or credit. Gold is useful in more ways than just a "currency". And for the record, I do not believe that a gold standard currency is even feasible in today's world. But, that being said, the value of gold itself is higher than that of paper. Unless they find a way to use paper for electrical wiring, or to reflect radiation/heat in space, gold will always hold a higher value in my opinion.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by votan
reply to post by Caltrops

the value of gold is just an idea.

The value of gold is under realised.......

When the gold nuclei, traveling at 99.999% of the speed of light, smashed together, the plasma that resulted was so energetic that a tiny cube of it with sides measuring about a quarter of the width of a human hair would contain enough energy to power the entire United States for a year.

Yale News - Brookhaven National Lab Research from 2010

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Dystopiaphiliac

Freaking educational system you have got there...

You not seem to even understand the concept of capital and currency. Do you understand the root for the word salary (salt), it is interesting that in English the word is often deprecated to "wage", that also means "a bet". There are still people on Earth that use shells, pigs or cattle as you use your paper or even virtual money (I think that even then they are the smartest ones).

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by pikestaff

Originally posted by EartOccupant
I'm still wondering how they got this much Gold?

Is this pre-WWII Gold or after ?

Germany's gold was shipped to the USA just after the war, (WW2) where they got all there present gold from beats me. Unless its payment for goods.

Exactly !

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by darkbake
Ha ha, this is going to be a problem. The Federal Reserve has secretly been replacing their gold with gold-painted tungsten for years now. I wonder if they even have any left?

In any event, it looks like Bundesbank officials will soon be visiting the Fed’s vault, which is located 80 feet below street level and 50 feet below sea level. The vault is accessible only by elevators controlled by an operator in a remote location. I’ve been told by a source that the elevator operator is actually not in New York City at all, although I can’t confirm this and the Fed won’t discuss this sort of thing.

Down in the vault there are 122 compartments assigned to depositing countries and international organizations. Smaller gold depositing countries get shelves in shared library compartments.

The compartments do not have labels reading “Germany’s gold” and so on. They are instead numbered, and only a few people at the Fed know what numbers correspond to which country. The Fed says it does this to protect the privacy of the depositors. But this also makes actual inspection less reliable. There’s no way for Germany to know that the gold it is being shown is Germany’s, as opposed to some other depositor’s. In an extreme case—which I have no reason to believe is true—miscreants at the Fed could just show everyone who came to visit the same pile of gold.

www.cnbc.com...

You hit the nail on the head.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by ShadeWolf

wow i am just dso frigin mazed at that idea, i always thought gold would just keep forming under ground through some kinda lava process or something, that is just amazing lol wow from germany getting its gold back to people blowing my mind , im just like duhhhhhhhh

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by spleenika

were you withdrawring 7.8 billion dollars? heh

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join