It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Germany Wants Its Gold Back From The Federal Reserve In New York

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Greetings ATS ,

Here is an article titled : GERMANY TO REPATRIATE & AUDIT 150 TONS OF GOLD RESERVES FROM NY FED posted in silverdoctors.com . According to the article , The Bundesbank will request the NY Fed to ship 150 tons of gold back to Germany in 3 years period .

Note :

- Germany has the second largest gold reserves in the world, nearly 3400 tons
- The German central bank gold is safely stored in vaults in Frankfurt, New York, Paris and London

In perhaps the biggest story in gold since Hugo Chavez sent shock-waves throughout the gold market in mid 2011 (and propelled gold up $300 to a record $1915), the German Federal Accountability Office has ruled that the Bundesbank must conduct an audit on German Central Bank gold holdings, and in anticipation, has begun the repatriation of German gold from the NY Fed. The Bundesbank will request the NY Fed ship 50 tons of German gold back to the motherland a year for the next 3 years!

Link :
www.silverdoctors.com...

www.spiegel.de...

edit on 23-10-2012 by Caltrops because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   
i find it sad that in the year 2012 even though money is not based on gold we still consider this metal valuable just because its shiny

+2 more 
posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by tombangelta
i find it sad that in the year 2012 even though money is not based on gold we still consider this metal valuable just because its shiny

It has a heck of a lot more value than the paper monopoly money that we are told is ``real`` currency. Don`t you agree...
edit on 23/10/2012 by TheSparrowSings because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   

But Gold is the real Wealth .

link   
I'm still wondering how they got this much Gold?

Is this pre-WWII Gold or after ?

link   
reply to post by Caltrops

hmm, i am from germany and i heard something different. a high court ruled, that the "bundesbank" should check the gold, which is deposited in other countries. not taking it back, but to review it.

link   

I can't tell if that is sarcasm. If not you are SO far off. Gold is money and dollars are toilet paper. The nations know this and so do the wealthy. The next big 'screw over' is coming just like in 1929 and a lot of yuppies without any collateral to their name except an iPhone are going to end up starving.
edit on 10/23/2012 by ararisq because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by EartOccupant

Hitler must have looted from every country it colonized .

edit on 23-10-2012 by Caltrops because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by EartOccupant

The first thing that popped into my head was "wasn't all German gold confiscated after WW2?" But I assumed I am either wrong... or this is post-war acquisition.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   

It is very shiny and has very interesting properties.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by icepack

Perhaps you can't "review" something without it being there to "view"?

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   
I hope germany has no objections to tungsten. seeing how there has not been a legitimate audit of the gold in decades, what makes germany so sure its even there? why are the people not allowed to trade in their paper for gold? I would like to have some on hand for when the anunaki return.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by icepack

hmm, i am from germany and i heard something different. a high court ruled, that the "bundesbank" should check the gold, which is deposited in other countries. not taking it back, but to review it.

Can you please read this article and tell us the truth . I guess this article is written in German
www.spiegel.de...

link   
Can someone do some quick math? I'm driving currently for my job, but what does 150 tons of gold work out to in USA or Canadian dollars?

link   
Gold is the only thing that gives our failing economy any value these days. Without gold, our paper currency is worthless. Our dollar is fragile enough as it is, and Germany thinks we're just gonna throw the gold at them?

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by TheSparrowSings

couldn't agree more my friend.

but we don't use it for those purposes at the moment at least............

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Trapjaw
[more

$7,680,000,000
Based on$1600/oz

Very rough

link   

Deutschland hat die zweitgrößten Goldreserven der Welt, fast 3400 Tonnen. Angeblich jedenfalls. Denn die Bestände sind noch nie auf Echtheit und Gewicht überprüft worden. Jetzt hat der Bundesrechnungshof die Bundesbank aufgefordert, die Goldbestände im Ausland regelmäßig zu untersuchen.

Very interesting. According to this snippet from "Der Spiegel", the German Federal Court of Auditors has now ordered the Central Bank to verify amount and authenticity of the gold reserves in foreign countries .. on on a regular base. The article also says that nobody has ever verified that the gold is really there.

Weren't there some tungsten bars found that should have been gold in Fort Know ?
edit on 23-10-2012 by H1ght3chHippie because: (no reason given)

link   

in the "spiegel" article it says: "the "bundesrechnungshof" (a high court) requests, that the "bundesbank" (federal bank) should examine the german gold reserve in abroad countries. (to do inventory)"

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   
The last time a foreign country asked for gold from the US was back in '72 when Nixon closed the gold window and took us off the gold standard.
This looks bad and is likely the result of reports of gold bars being filled with tungsten. Now, everybody is going to be doing some very close inspection of exactly how much gold they have and how many fakes have been pawned off on them.
The gold market used to be extremely reliable and precise. The phrase "good as gold" actually meant something up until recently. Now we're having our doubts about the entire basis of our world economy?
This may send tremors through world markets making them weaker than ever.
Currency wars are going in to full gear shortly, hang on to your hats people.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join