It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Terrified of roller coasters...help!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   
I made the huge mistake of eating something at the amusement park before getting on the coaster. And although I managed to keep it down, the experience was one I won't soon forget. Just don't do like I did and you should be fine. Hope you have a blast!

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by HomerinNC
I'm absolutely terrified of roller coasters, I'm scared of the fact a car jumping off the tracks and plummeting to my death. Please tell me: how safe are roller coasters?

Let me put you at ease a little bit since I didn't see your question answered this specifically.

If you look at the wheels on a roller coaster, you will see that they have wheels on top, bottom, and the side:

And a closer look:

The cars are most definitely not jumping the tracks. Hopefully, this post will put your mind at ease and you'll have some fun on some roller coasters. AND YOU'LL LIKE IT!

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by _BoneZ_

thanks brother, that was my BIGGEST FEAR, hopefully i wont be as nervous this coming weekend
are all coasters made like that now?

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by HomerinNC
are all coasters made like that now?

All coasters will have wheels on top and bottom. Most will have them on the side as well. Slower coasters may not have wheels on the side, but it's pretty standard to have wheels on all three sides.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Well, I chickened out on the majority of the coasters, but DID right the newest one, Verbolten. Yes I survived (barely) LOL
I also tried to do the Mach Tower, which takes you up i think to 250 feet then drops you, but i was too fat LOL

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

Congratulations on overcoming your fear! May Verbolton be the first of many to come. I am proud of you!

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by littled16

aint doing em no more lol

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join