It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it possible to avoid getting a new birth certificate and SS card after a legal name change?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   
I have recently watched a documentary that talks about how US birth certificates, social security cards and the entire legal system are tied into "maritime admiralty law". This is why the person's name is printed in all capitals letters on birth certificates and SS cards. The all caps represents you as an "artificial person" or a corporate entity - NOT as a natural person born with unalienable rights.

This film explained how we are not required to participate in the legal system (court, etc), if we choose to not represent the artificial person that is represented on the documents.

My question is this: If a person legally changes their full name, what happens if they also choose to NOT have a new birth certificate and SS card created?

Is it possible to get around the fact that SS numbers are used so widely for identification purposes? (even though it was promised by our government that it would never be used for that). Would it be possible to still get bank accounts and such without having a birth certificate or SS card, even though one had been a US citizen for his entire life?

Thanks for any feedback or insight anyone can give me about this!
edit on 22-10-2012 by Ryker because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Ryker

My experience with contract law is that all caps just indicates that you are the legal entity for purposes of the document. Nothing nefarious about it.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Changing your name is just registering a new one with the government. Statute laws have evolved for a couple hundred years now, your not going to overthrow them in by simply stating you don't wanna participate. For one, they are the tied into just about every public service there is (transportation, roads, water, electricity, education, etc.). So unless you plan on living in the woods...

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   
We need to bring chad ochocinco in on this. He's been through the process a couple of times.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Bump.

Then again I sometimes find myself thinking, "Whats in a name?"

Better start using my real name.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rexamus
We need to bring chad ochocinco in on this. He's been through the process a couple of times.

I have three names wasn't that hard.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 02:32 AM
link   
Thanks for the replies everyone.

I guess the pleasant thought of getting "off the grid" is out of the question. Would be nice for the government to not really know who or where I am

new topics

top topics

join