It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Importance of America and America(ns), Things You SHOULD Know as You Watch The Debates!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   
I never write here, or participate, but I began to watch the debate, and realized that the word America, not Americans were used, but did Americans know the difference, or hear it the way they should.

How many times in the first 15 minutes did you hear about America? Here is America.

Now Americans.

DO YOU SEE WHAT I MEAN???
Why would there be a confusion over what is going on? Do you think that they are mistaking what they mean? Do you think that this "political madness" has something to do with you? This is actually false. What we are watching, debating, discussing is one time every 4 years we are asked to decide, and partake in a boardroom meeting, that is usually (for the rest of the 4 years until we get involved again), held behind closed doors.

The description given by Wikipedia about Americans.

Americans, or American people, are the citizens of the United States of America. The country is home to people of different national origins. As a result, Americans do not equate their nationality with ethnicity, but with citizenship. With the exception of the Native American population, nearly all Americans or their ancestors immigrated within the past five centuries.[23]

en.wikipedia.org...

Now click on the highlighted word "citizen".

Citizenship in the United States is a legal marker denoting political membership in the United States that entails specific rights, privileges, and duties. Citizenship is understood as a "right to have rights" since it serves as a foundation for a bundle of subsequent rights, such as the right to live and work in the United States and to receive federal assistance.[2]

Here is an important part that is used by political figures referring to people hating Americans.
From the above Citizenship in the United States is a legal marker denoting political membership

They don't hate Americans.... its America. We seem to be the only ones that cant seem to distinguish this.

Key word here is "denoting". WE are the group that stands behind "America" by constantly allowing things like this, and confusion like that that clearly states that they are not including the people the way they should.

Definition for denoting.

denotingpresent participle of de·note (Verb)
Verb:
Be a sign of; indicate: "this mark denotes quality".
Stand as a name or symbol for.

This is like one person starting a problem, but have a group that will watch their back.

Until we see that this is a farce, that this is something that is simple and should be known, if you still think this is false, fine. If you think you are a part of the debate, fine. If this doesnt bother you, fine.

At least realize that this is right in your face, that something as simple as a few letters added or missing is what is changing our world and our country, our future wars, and our future children.

The things that should be of concern is who America is claiming to be allies, who America is claiming to want to help with democracy, who America wants to liberate, who America thinks should no longer be in power.

Please if you continue to watch the debate take into consideration what I wrote, just change America, and make it what it actually means NOT American(S)...... America in problems with the middle east its not Americans having problems with the middle east, see if you can see this differently.

Thanks for your time, NRE.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Though I know this will go no where, I am still happy that I and maybe even some of you that read this, or even disagree see what I saw.

"Our" best interests were not discussed tonight, but the interest in money, and what is owed that I know I didnt see a dime of, and what policies will be in place for something that I never agreed to will be decided.

I know that when "I" was referred to here it literally would have looked like this.....

"We" (as in me $$$) will change the policies for America.

I hope that if and when this is dissected by many members here on ATS, just take a look at the words, and see where you think YOU ($$$/Man Power/Military) fit in.

Peace, NRE.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 02:06 AM
link   
Seriously pull your chin up and see it for what it is. Its not that difficult.

Peace, NRE.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 04:20 AM
link   
reply to post by NoRegretsEver

At least realize that this is right in your face, that something as simple as a few letters added or missing is what is changing our world and our country, our future wars, and our future children.

Your completely right, its the subtilty of the changes goes unoticed. These all add up incremently no different than formation of snowball picking up size as it rolls down hill. Where does the average citizen sit with regard to this change which alters over time the social and acceptance moralities and ethics of the population. These subtilties are exactly what need to be scrutinzed ongoingly. Great things are created from the growth of small things and conversely so are bad things. The points you are raising are completely relevant for bringing up in presidential debates.

edit on 23-10-2012 by AthlonSavage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 04:32 AM
link   
reply to post by NoRegretsEver

I hope that if and when this is dissected by many members here on ATS, just take a look at the words, and see where you think YOU ($$$/Man Power/Military) fit in.

The glue that binds the Man Power/Military is money. Everything that is debated is done so in context of money, budget, fiscal spending, and creating jobs. All the jargon used in debates speaks of the story of money. The story tellers are them reminding us who is in control of the money power. Its no wonder no one notices all the small things flowing pass the cracks. Whats the solution to a system that orders all priorities on its relative postion to money?

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   
I feel that this is an important issue, and that people really need to take a second look not just at themselves, but at what they represent.

Peace, NRE.

top topics

join