It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mayor Nutter, tossing tax payers money after unenforcable gun laws

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   
If this has been posted the mods can trash it but I couldn't find it in the engine.

Nutter's his name and the second amendment's his game. Spending taxpayer money, on legal fees, going after laws he knows are unenforceable in the state of Pa. at anytime, let alone now ? Is indicative of a corrupt localized government. IMO

Check this guy out !

And now, it's personal

The corruption is Biblical in my opinion and of course I posted this to get yours.

edit on 22-10-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   
I think if they don't care about our Constitution, then we as citizens shouldn't care about the laws they pass that go directly against us...that would be damn near all of them.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Look how bad Philly is. Nutter doesn't want any guns there period. You should see some of his speeches on the "youth" and it may change your mind on how you perceive the man.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 08:35 AM
link   
I'm always amazed by the attempts to publish the names of permit holders and gun owners.

Why not just hand out a little start to sew onto your lapel when you buy one?

Seriously, what sane thinking person could ever believe this is a good idea?

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by kimish
Look how bad Philly is. Nutter doesn't want any guns there period. You should see some of his speeches on the "youth" and it may change your mind on how you perceive the man.

But we have been going over and over with this for years. Making the focus of a problem the very people that obey the law.

Its the result of frustration that turns itself on the victims. Try stoping drug flow into the city considering that 90% of gun violence centers around that.

We had an attempt here, some moves were made. The idea was that shooters were getting thier weapons from gun shows so run the out of city limits. Problem is they could never produce any data showing the gun use in the city could be tied to gun shows buyers. In addition they didnt seem to watn to face the fact that 90% of gun use in the city has to do with drugs.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Logarock

Hey Loga,

Do you think that would be more accurate if you said 90% drugs by 90% gangs ? Or no ?
Also I see Philadelphia as next in line to become something of a Detroit ?
Do you think that's accurate ?

Kimish is presenting a valid side of the coin although in the end I fall on your side of the fence for sure.
edit on 23-10-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by kimish

So he makes it harder for those who aren't criminals to protect themselves ?
That's just crazy because of course the outlaws will have guns.
Seems as tho he wants to put people at the mercy of hard ass criminals.
We're not talking light felons here you know ?

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs

Hey Loga,

Do you think that would be more accurate if you said 90% drugs by 90% gangs ? Or no ?
Also I see Philadelphia as next in line to become something of a Detroit ?
Do you think that's accurate ?

Kimish is presenting a valid side of the coin although in the end I fall on your side of the fence for sure.

Yea drug/gang related and crime to get drug money.

Yea there has been ample testi-money of how drugs were at the root of destruction of many areas of this country. As well the drugs will keep running and the gangs and the like that oversee the action will have guns no matter what.

Plus the gun problem has a clear race flavor to it. We had this issue here. The Mayor and a city chair were trying in effect to blame all the city killing on the whites and their darn gun shows. They do this if you ask me to defect from the data of 90% of city gun crime being black on black and black on white. But they had no data as of yet to demonstrate gun shows to be the sorce of guns used in the city.
edit on 23-10-2012 by Logarock because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Plus the gun problem has a clear race flavor to it.

And there it is right there in my view. Glad to have someone posting unafraid to get down to brass tacks on this issue. Race is playing the biggest part in this arena and I must encourage members not to fear these facts. But remain civil. If this thread picks up any momentum, it will be because of the race card. A reality I think we must tackle here on ATS without racism becoming a part of it.

We'll see how it goes.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   

I have a theory on that myself...........

Legalizing some drugs, watch the price drop on the sale of the drugs..........and see if people are still shooting each other over pennies........

I bet that alone would drop gun crime drastically, as with a lot of other things including a drop in border crimes and a real hit to the drug cartels.........many birds with one stone

Id like to see some conservative law makers take this stance if they are truly concerned about our gun rights......

Its always easier to help defend gun rights when you do something like that and take some of the "ammunition" away from those who would impose unjust gun laws against us......
edit on 23-10-2012 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   

They only use this tacting to combat the fact that most of the gun crime comes from the black ghetto communities...

This isnt racist , its a fact, because of the huge problem of gangs and drugs and black on black crime......

The tactic is to blame the other guy while trying to obfuscate the facts..........its easier to play the race card when you have an agenda then to actually attack the problem

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

I'm always amazed by the attempts to publish the names of permit holders and gun owners.

That's just dirty politics right there. Unforgivable.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask

They only use this tacting to combat the fact that most of the gun crime comes from the black ghetto communities...

This isnt racist , its a fact, because of the huge problem of gangs and drugs and black on black crime......

The tactic is to blame the other guy while trying to obfuscate the facts..........its easier to play the race card when you have an agenda then to actually attack the problem

Hay thats what I said! lol

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Well you both have great minds in my view.

new topics

top topics

join