It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michigan Someone Shooting Cars on Highways.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 07:59 AM
link   
We are having a series of car shootings here in Michigan. I’ve been following this on the news, because I grew up in the area where some of these shootings have occurred, I and worry for friends still there. They are calling it highway shootings, which I guess is technically correct, but the map in the second link shows that some of these have happened on the lesser Highway, 52, which is only one lane in each direction.

I don’t like that they are comparing this to the DC Sniper. So far, there is really no comparison. Thankfully, no one has been seriously injured.
The driver is suspected to be a white male, and is shooting out the driver’s side window as he is driving.

I am wondering also if there are two cars involved, maybe owned by the same person, because a caviler and a mustang really don’t look much alike.

Sure hope he is caught soon, before someone does get hurt.

www.google.com... ootings%2Findex.html&ei=nEOFUIujAYLI0QHCt4GoBg&usg=AFQjCNGo9uYOxFBVxwCkLHbfc9KlKiMmdQ

www.arlingtoncardinal.com... mustang/

edit on 22-10-2012 by chiefsmom because: links

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by chiefsmom

Thats horrible, I hope they are caught...

It reminds me of the DC Sniper we had around my way, he and Lee Malvo waited for a white box truck to be near by before he struck people down...My friend was a truck driver of a white box truck and he said he was questioned on more then one occasion......

Although it appears this person is shooting from their car, they are truly lucky I would of suspected some serious accidents and casualties, I imagine this person must think they are living in Grand Theft Auto.....
edit on 22-10-2012 by kat2684 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 08:26 AM
link   

I am wondering also if there are two cars involved, maybe owned by the same person, because a caviler and a mustang really don’t look much alike.

www.google.com...:en-US
fficial&prmd=imvns&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=un iv&sa=X&ei=JkiFUM7VHo3PqAH51YHwAQ&ved=0CBwQsAQ&biw=805&bih=501

www.google.com...:en-US
fficial&prmd=imvns&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=u niv&sa=X&ei=3keFUKLVGpPzqwG_2IDoBw&ved=0CB8QsAQ&biw=805&bih=501

I could understand someone making the mistake on a highway, but these are older models. Any more details on age range of the vehicles?

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Police believe the suspect may have been driving a 1998 Oldsmobile Alero or 98 Toyota Camry

www.wilx.com...

This was released yesterday. Includes a sketch and another car model?

I find this whole story makes me ask more questions. I wonder if this person is just trying to scare people? Is he just deranged?
NOT that I want anyone hurt, because I don't! But you would think that if he was out to kill someone, the way he is doing this, shooting out the window as he drives by them, he could have killed someone by now.
I just can't believe this has been going on for this long in this area.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 09:02 AM
link   
He's going to escalate. His first few shots were 'testing the waters' shots to see how much reaction it would get. He will escalate from cars to humans real soon, I predict.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   
What is it with people recently? what with the nutty van (truck) driver who went on a lets see how many people I can run over rampage in Cardiff and now this, it just leaves me wondering what the heck is happening to society as a whole.

Just wanted to add, that I hope the person is caught before this gets any further out of hand.
edit on 22/10/12 by thoughtsfull because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Well, after over a week of no shootings, he's at it again. This time, a bullet came through a door and apparently hit a man in the leg.
www.wlns.com...

The reward is up to 12,000.00 and it looks like they may have found new evidence.

I hope they get him soon!

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   
A friend of mine has 2 sons that are state troopers. All unmarked cars in the state are over in the area driving around trying to get a pattern down. No real info other than alot of cars on the road looking even personal cars are being used

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by mikellmikell

That's great to hear!
I realize that the police more than likely have more info that has not been released, but it's just scary that it has been going on this long.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   
I thought it would be a one time thing, seems that it's getting worse though. What could possibly motivate someone to go on such a rampage is really beyond me, although, more and more people are being put under tremendous stresses in their lives. Remember the movie "Falling down"?

I'll be watching this thread, thanks
edit on 29-10-2012 by MichiganSwampBuck because: Typo

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by MichiganSwampBuck

I have my own theory on the various shooting incidents happening all the time. It could be linked to antidepressants and the pharmaceutical industry is covering it up. I found that site yesterday and I also read about it in a Serge Monast book where he talks about this. www.ssristories.com...

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   
the shootings are nuts, but what i dont like is them stopping all cars that fit the description. black 4 door sedans. it seems that after 2 weeks they would have better leads. just watched the local news a bit ago, and the anchor woman said , "you should be scared". so after they check all the cars that fit the description, are they going to stop all white males?. i am not trying to down play the shootings, but with the eye witness accounts and descriptions, all they know is that its a white male in a black sedan. no cameras captured any thing? all the gas stations around the on/off ramps capture video.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by IsawWHATtheyDID

I'm not sure about the ones on 96, but I can tell you that the area he is driving on 52 is basically farm country. Very few if any gas stations. The only stop lights are in the few small towns like Perry and I don't think he is going that far north.

So, really, I have a feeling that he is picking these areas for that very reason. Super rural.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by chiefsmom

the last shooting was on 23, considered brighton. now they are not sure if hes firing from vehicle or side of the road.? the sketch of him was pretty good, someone should have recognized him by now. but he may not be a local i guess.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   
www.wilx.com...

Saying now that one not related. Not a shooting, probably a stone.
I would imagine they will get more of these, with everyone being on edge.
edit on 29-10-2012 by chiefsmom because: afterthought

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   
I like deer hunting, this guy seams to like fear hunting. It's bad enough to have to worry about all the drunk drivers, crazy drivers, and texters on the road let alone someone randomly shooting at you on the road.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   
We had to run part of 96 to get to where we were dropping off the load we dropped yesterday, then I found out that's where this has been happening. My first thought was "Oh. Yay."

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

Well glad you are ok. Please don't kill my thread!

Wow, they seriously up the reward for this guy.
www.wilx.com...

$102,000.00

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   
more than one shooter? news just said they linked 2 incidents to same gun, oakland and ingham county. 4 counties are involved. they also stopped a man in a 4 door black cavalier, not involved in shootings, but arrested on another warrant. this is where i have a problem. even though the man had a warrant out for his arrest, if not for the profiling of a black 4 door sedan, he would not have been pulled over.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Usually these guys are caught sooner rather than later. Its only a matter of time before someone gets a full or partial plate number.

If its a young guy he will be doing it because he is an anti-social a-hole.

If its an older guy it will be because he's nuts.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join