It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Squatch Visiting My Woods?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

Whoever put that vid together spliced it really bad. Here's the full thing. Starts around 20 seconds. It's a female and male fighting over something.

OP and I go to the same university. We're not close friends but met before. I'll ask what's up if I see him before the semester ends.
edit on 29-11-2012 by MasonicFantom because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by MasonicFantom

Thanks.
I noticed that the long version you provided ended just before the phony "I'M A BIGFOOT" pseudo-growl.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   
I hope we are not being hoxed,
this was a very interesting thread and i have enjoyed
reading every post....

hope the op is ok if this is real,
if this is a hoax... i feel sorry for the op seeking attention like that..
but
i am going with its not a hoax until further proof...

if anyone knows whats going on please post for the rest of us.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   
I personally don't feel the OP is hoaxing us at all. The recording of the guys and the van for those who didn't get to hear it sounded pretty real and hard to hoax to me. The rest of it adds up too.

We don't know why he pulled the thread. I think he's got real activity going on at the site. He could have pulled the thread for a lot of reasons other than he felt too much pressure hoaxing us and backed out. Unless the OP shares with us the reasons to pull out we will never know. But to jump to the conclusion that he just have been hoaxing us is just downright dumb.

For instance this is the world wide web. I post here. However my personal life could easily get effected by what I post here. Especially since sometimes I see threads about stuff I could comment on as an insider (mainly entertainment industry related threads) but I don't because I don't want negative attention to get back to me at work or elsewhere. If I were to start a thread about something entertainment related and then had second thoughts because I fear what I'm posting could endanger my job or personal life I too would want the thread pulled and have second thoughts. But it wouldn't mean I was a lier or a hoaxer. SO I don't think any of us should jump to that conclusion right now.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

The growl at 1:25 in the vid I posted is the same growl in the OP vid. Afterwards however, you'll see the one I posted has a different growl following it than the one in the OP. This is because the one in the OP is 3 different sounds (1 growl, 1 grunt, 1 whistle) from a very long track that were spliced together, that's why it sounds off. As for "I'm a bigfoot" - I hope that's you pullin my leg. I don't hear it, then again, I clearly heard "turn right" in a Japanese voiced anime I was just watching. It happens.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by MasonicFantom
reply to post by IAMTAT

The growl at 1:25 in the vid I posted is the same growl in the OP vid. Afterwards however, you'll see the one I posted has a different growl following it than the one in the OP. This is because the one in the OP is 3 different sounds (1 growl, 1 grunt, 1 whistle) from a very long track that were spliced together, that's why it sounds off. As for "I'm a bigfoot" - I hope that's you pullin my leg. I don't hear it, then again, I clearly heard "turn right" in a Japanese voiced anime I was just watching. It happens.

I wasn't pulling your leg...Seriously, give a listen: "I'M A BIGFOOT" ...just before the whistle (0.05 sec.):
www.youtube.com...
edit on 29-11-2012 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

From what I read that audio you refer to of the Sierra Bigfoot Growl wasn't his actual recording, he was referring to it as a sound he heard.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 02:20 AM
link   
May be making this post too early, but here it goes.

I'm sorry to have worried anyone and to have disrupted the train of events here. And, in response to a few messages, my life is not in danger. Thank you for your concern.

This topic has come to the attention of specific individuals who I didn't plan on ever finding this. It has caused complications but the wrinkles are slowly being ironed out. ATS staff are not going to remove or edit my posts anyway, so it's too late for the most part.

I want to give updates tomorrow night on the investigation and not these ensuing side issues. Also want to get the photos or audio back up but there's someone I need to speak with first.

PS side issue, but when I said this on the page 2 update:

When he [the investigator] stood up there was a "crashing through the forest" on his other side, heading away from him. He then hurriedly walked down the trail, snapping off photos with his infrared camera along the way. That's when I then heard the louder growl on my mic and saw him leaving the forest and driving off in a hurry.

Well, he wasn't hurrying away because of the growl. He had hearing aids in and only heard his own crunching footsteps upon exiting (to go home because his cover was blown). He thought that the growl noise was just a truck's engine down the street. Just wanted to clarify that.
edit on 1-12-2012 by TheLegend because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 05:12 AM
link   
reply to post by TheLegend

glad you are ok, looking forward to updates

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Thanks for letting us know TheLegend. Hoping we'll get to hear the audio at some point

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 11:50 PM
link   
No update again. If it's not someone threatening his life then I'm guessing friends or family have found out and are preventing him from continuing...or there's something with legality going on. Sad. It was one the best story threads I read and wanted to finish. If you are one of those people reading this then I have a message for you: BUTT OUT. Let him continue and be more American.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   

hey Legend i noticed you were online today
any chance of another quick update?
please dont let this thread turn stale!
you have many members here drooling, wanting to know whats the score!

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Well, glad to hear that you are safe! Hope we can hear the details of the issues, but can understand if not. Looking forward to the audio, if you are able to upload it again. Hope this business isn't causing you any serious problems. Be safe, and keep us posted as you are able.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   
I get that whatever is happening could affect your life and your family, but this is a conspiracy site! You can't leave us hanging!

If you are able to verify whether there is a real conspiracy here, you really would be "The Legend"!
Obviously I wouldn't want you to put yourself or others at risk, but there must be ways around this.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Glad your back and that things are getting ironed out.

I look forward to any updates.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   
I really find it suspect that the OP can provide SO MUCH detail in the opening of this thread and the next few followups but is now following up with vague comments and non-specific blurbs. Links were changed. Videos were removed. Pictures deleted.

Something smells.....
Is there a pasture nearby?

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by TXRabbit

Being an amateur detective and piecing some parts together, it looks to me like the OP is at the mercy of a lot of people that we don't get to see.
ATS staff won't remove his posts despite requests, the BFRO are very likely aware of this topic by now and probably pissed that he has been documenting this whole thing for ATS (so they lost content rights to it, that's why the OP deleted what he could and requested removal), and the OP's parents were likely contacted about it because he could be violating a contractual agreement about nondisclosure. I doubt his parents want this story to get around too much, since he said they were planning to move next year, and he would have to do what they say since he's living with them.

Those are the circumstances that would make a very detailed person all of a sudden go vague, quiet, and want to retract things. His last post heavily supports my analysis. From the part about "speaking" with someone about posting photos and audio again to the seemingly irrelevant part of correcting something from page 2 which looks like he did on behalf of the investigator reading it. I know a lot about BFs (see my posts on first pages) and everything he has said so far has been surprisingly sensible and accurate in regards to their behaviors. So much so that this would be the kind of case I can see the government getting involved in because it sends up so many red flags. That could be a possibility too.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by MasonicFantom

Very much a possibility and thanks for taking the time to detail that
BUT

if that's the case, why doesn't he simply say so? There's nothing illegal or contract-breaking about acknowledging that such a contract exists.

(P.S. - it took me 52 seconds to post this. Couldn't the OP simply take a minute to post something of similar length?)

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Two posts that had something to do with my hometown area today! That video you posted in the OP is from the same county I live in, and it appears to be in an area near Egypt Road in Salem,Ohio - my hometwon. There is a large swamp/marshland there as well as thick, extensive forest. I could be totally wrong, but it's pretty awesome that it is from the same area. There have been quite a few Bigfoot "sightings" in the Egypt Woods area.

Additionally I have an uncle (at least was my uncle when I was a kid, he is now divorced from my aunt) who told me a story about hunting with his brothers as a teenager in the same "Egypt Swamp" area. He remembers going a few miles into the woods with his two brothers until they reached a fallen tree that was somewhat hollowed out. They sat down for a few hours and waited for game with no luck. As dusk was turning to darkness they were getting ready to head back home when they heard an unfamiliar sound. He says it was indescribable and it made the hair stand up on the back of his neck. He said it sounded like a howl or scream mixed with a growl and he couldn't even attempt to mimic the sound. With no hesitation, his two older brothers took off towards home leaving him near the fallen tree that was partially hollowed out. He said he was so scared and night was drawing so near that he crawled into the hollowed out portion of the tree and curled up as best he could. He said he could hear branches cracking and the leaves rustling on branches of the trees long after his brothers were out of hearing distance. He didn't hear the growling/scream again but said the cracking branches got continuously further away until he couldn't hear them anymore. He said he laid there scared for a few hours before his brothers and their neighbor came back with flashlights to get him.
edit on 6-12-2012 by ZiggyMojo because: After watching the longer video of the bigfoot sound I can now tell that it is NOT a siren.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   
verry interesting story and thank you for sharing ,
what i would do personaly is keep it up with the food , all living animals need to eat , and the easyer the food is to find the more probable that they will go for it , keep laying the food out , various places , but put food somewhere evry time you do it on the same tree or on same rock , if you decide somethings still lurking in the woods i sudgest laying a tripwire conected to a tin of paint or coloured liquid ( where you lay the food all the time , whoevers munching ur grub will know that there is most probably food in that area ) lay the wire from a tree atleast 5ft high so tht all the little critters can avoid it
if you discover the wire cut or the paint spilt then you sir have something 5ft+ walking around ur woodland at nite ....
your story interests me in paticular due to living by a forest myself and have also heard strange howling/grunting noises i cannot explain in the past but have yet to investigate further (freaks my staffordshire bull terrier out and he dont scare easy ! so all i did was hurry home lol ) i dont live in the states so i doubt its no bigfoot or skunk ape , but theres one thing i live by its never say never !
keep up the good work and keep us informed , looking forward to hearing more on you skunk ape hunt

rascal

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join