It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Dibbuk Box with Jason Haxton; New information and Theory

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Hi everyone,

I hope this isn’t frowned upon, and if it is, please mods remove it; but I hope it’s okay because my friend and I had the opportunity last Saturday night to speak with Jason Haxton about his cursed wine cabinet known as “The Dibbuk Box” and it appears that we have uncovered some new details, and have discussed a new theory that I was curious to get your opinion on. I will link to the pod-cast below, but first, some back-story.

First of all, many of you have probably heard of the back story. The story of the cursed wine cabinet first became known when a man by the name of Kevin Mannis posted the item for sale on ebay with an ominous description detailing his experience with it. To summarize: He initially bought the wine cabinet at a liquidation sale whose original owner was a 103 year old Jewish women. He intended to refurbish the box and give it to his mother as a birthday gift. Instead, the box scared away an employee, almost killed his mother, ruined his business, and allegedly caused him to have dreams of an old lady whose face would morph into monstrous depictions, attack him, and when he awoke he would have real bruises.

Of course there is a lot more to that story, but in any case, it caused Kevin to almost beg people to buy the box as a plea for help on ebay with a starting bid of only 99 cents, and a note asking to please buy the box. The box was sold to a student who’s room-mate worked at a museum for the box’s current owner, Jason Haxton.

There were many paranormal stories that took place before and during Jason’s care for the box, but Jason spent the last seven years investigating the origins of the box, which lead him to conclude that at least a fair portion of Kevin’s original story was a fabrication. It was through the entire tale that my friend Ryan and I were able to connect the dot’s for a new theory; but it all starts with, why would Kevin lie about the box to begin with? He clearly didn't seek fame and fortune as he’s passed up many opportunities for both. There are countless accounts of real events to reaffirm that the dibbuk box is indeed cursed, so what was Kevin’s Motivation?

There is far too much detail for me to write here so that I can explain our theory and have it make sense, but we cover it all and then some in the pod-cast we recorded with Jason Haxton.

Once you've watched the two part episode, I have three questions for you:

What do you think the original origins of the Dibbuk box are?

What do you think Kevin’s real involvement with the box was?

Do you think Kevin’s grandmother is inside or somehow bound with the Dibbuk Box?
Listen to the podcast via YouTube below:

-Will

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Oh for the love of everything holy and right in this world, will you people stop foisting youtube links off on us?

Especially you, OP. You are the originator of this story? Then spill the beans. If it is "far too long" then why bother? This has all the appearance of spam, honestly.

I don't mean to be harsh, but what happened to reading? Watching is passive. It makes you stupid. Reading is engaging, it makes you smarter.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

I refuse to watch the video strictly based on the guy on the rights haircut.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan
Oh for the love of everything holy and right in this world, will you people stop foisting youtube links off on us?

Especially you, OP. You are the originator of this story? Then spill the beans. If it is "far too long" then why bother? This has all the appearance of spam, honestly.

I don't mean to be harsh, but what happened to reading? Watching is passive. It makes you stupid. Reading is engaging, it makes you smarter.

Well considering that the video is close to 2 hours, yes, I DO believe it's a rather large amount of content to write out. Furthermore, I would have thought that people would be interested to hear the facts from the horses mouth; the actual caretaker of the dibbuk box.

I really don't understand where the attitude comes from; you act as if I insulted you or ruined your day; all I did was merely provide some content that I thought people may be interested in.

As for the comment that suggested he won't watch it based on one of our haircuts; If your that narrow minded, I don't think your opinion on the content would matter much anyway.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by door_to_anima

Well considering that the video is close to 2 hours, yes, I DO believe it's a rather large amount of content to write out. Furthermore, I would have thought that people would be interested to hear the facts from the horses mouth; the actual caretaker of the dibbuk box.

I really don't understand where the attitude comes from; you act as if I insulted you or ruined your day; all I did was merely provide some content that I thought people may be interested in.

As for the comment that suggested he won't watch it based on one of our haircuts; If your that narrow minded, I don't think your opinion on the content would matter much anyway.

Then know that you will suffer from lack of attention on this thread. People don't watch YouTube. Many can't because of either software or bandwidth issues.

Me, personally? I just can't physically stand to do it. I don't like hearing poeple talk, i would rather read it. Add to it that i am online at home most often while my wife is sleeping behind me, so i can't very well turn on the volume to my speakers.

If you want your message heard, then you need to speak the language of your audience. YouTube has been shown to not be that language, at least on ATS. I mean, come on....2 hours???? and you aren't willing to type up any of the facts for us to make a determination if that investment of time is worthwhile? I can say that my experience is that is likely is not. I would LOVE for you to prove me wrong.
edit on 22-10-2012 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by door_to_anima

I was kind of being silly, but not really. I don't think you honestly care either way what I think. And Texan has a point, good luck getting people other than those already in the know to watch a 2 hour video and then come back and comment on it.

But to keep things constructive, I have watched your other videos/podcast/what ever it actually is before on another topic. I found "you guys" not very fun to listen to though. Don't remember what the topic was. Seriously though that is a pretty douchy hair cut.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by sputniksteve

I was kind of being silly, but not really. I don't think you honestly care either way what I think. And Texan has a point, good luck getting people other than those already in the know to watch a 2 hour video and then come back and comment on it.

But to keep things constructive, I have watched your other videos/podcast/what ever it actually is before on another topic. I found "you guys" not very fun to listen to though. Don't remember what the topic was. Seriously though that is a pretty douchy hair cut.

I don't know how you found us on another topic since this is the first and only post I ever posted about our podcast, but your allowed to not like it; it really makes no difference to me. As for my haircut, it's not normally like that, it was a picture that a local newspaper took of me for a music related endeavour. That said, it's not as "douchy" of a hair cut as your comment is/was. On that note I invite you to post a picture of yourself so I can be judgemental; I'd like to have some fun at your expense and you shouldn't mind, as you clearly have no trouble doing it to others.

As to the youtube medium, I can understand bandwidth constraints and etc; but really, your not complaining about the content, your complaining about the format in which it is delivered. When I made this thread, I noticed this funny little button that is a part of the ATS thread making tools that is there for the purpose of posting YouTube videos, so you know, I didn't realize that ATS would have built in such a function that is frowned upon. Of course, seeing as how the thread didn't meet your "preferences", you could have just lived and let live, but you made a point of whining about it, knowing that the only possible outcome that could have come from it, was to start an argument with me; good job, you must love to argue.

When I first signed up at ATS years ago, I loved it. I came each and every day and "Lurked", with only a couple of posts to my name. This past year there's been so many people posting "douchy" comments for the sake of being a "douche" I hardly visit anymore. So here I was lucky enough to get some NEW information on an infamous Dibbuk Box (from the owner himself), which happens to hold it's own conspiracy and thought "Hey, I've got this new interesting content, maybe people on a site dedicated to the conspiracy and strange would appreciate it and maybe offer some interesting takes on it". Instead, I get bit-ched at for taking the time to try.

So I have a new conspiracy for you, and it's a good one! At what point in the past five years did everyone on the net turn into a self entitled whine box? It doesn't matter if I'm looking at someone else's thread, a new video game coming out, a new song, a new movie, etc; There is ALWAYS a group of people complaining about it or flat out disrespecting it, and it's now worse than it ever was. If you don't like it, leave it; make to much sense?

Anyway, congratulations on ruining the ATS I once loved to visit. This is my last thread, and I'll probably even stop lurking. God forbid if somebody doesn't "please" your mighty standards, you wouldn't know we were getting paid or something.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   
I listen to the Mysterious Universe podcast and they've discussed the dibbuk box quite a bit. They say that people that seem to have anything to do with it tend to have "bad luck". Probably merely coincidence of course, but I was wondering if you guys, OP, have had any weird or odd things occur from your involvement?

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Oh vey, it's spelled Dybbuk! I may watch the videos.

I did just see the movie the "Possesion".

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Anyway, congratulations on ruining the ATS I once loved to visit. This is my last thread, and I'll probably even stop lurking. God forbid if somebody doesn't "please" your mighty standards, you wouldn't know we were getting paid or something.

Don't let the rude comments of a few ruin your day. Stay with us, I promise we are worth it.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   

The Youtube tool is there for the purpose of UFO videos and other such things. I guess it can be used for whatever. My point is, you authored a thread to get exposure. To maximize this avoiding Youtube videos is what I am recommending. Take the advice or not. Very few people want to watch Youtube videos. We are online because, typically, we don't enjoy watching TV.

Or, to put it in terms I learned as an adult educator: use multi modal communication techniques to maximize exposure and retention.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by favouriteslave

I'm not asking for a full blown review...just wondering if you liked the movie?

2nd

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by BobM88
I listen to the Mysterious Universe podcast and they've discussed the dibbuk box quite a bit. They say that people that seem to have anything to do with it tend to have "bad luck". Probably merely coincidence of course, but I was wondering if you guys, OP, have had any weird or odd things occur from your involvement?

Hi Bob, and thank you for posting a real question

I did have something happen, and I've been debating whether it was coincidence or not ever since.

So Ryan and I started really investigating the dibbuk box about 2 weeks ago, but it was last week when we were told that we would have the opportunity to have Jason Haxton on our show, so we went into over drive researching and we both bought his book "The Dibbuk Box".

Well last Thursday my mom had an episode with tachycardia and atrial fib. First a bit of background for perspective; My mom had been diagnosed with tachycardia about a year and a half ago but it was about a year ago she had an episode where she went into atrial fib. I brought her to emerge and we were all surprised to find that the doctor had to shock her heart to get her out of atrial fib and to get her heart rate down.

So nothing had happened from that incident until last Thursday. Thursday was much worse. I dropped my mom and my sister off at emerge late Thursday night and was waiting for the call to come pick her up; instead, I was told they had shocked my mom's heart four times and she was still in atrial fib, and they had put her in ICU and was giving her a medicine via IV that was supposed to fix it.

The next day I went to visit my mom and was told that the drug wasn't working, she was still in atrial fib, and usually this drug works on patients in 6 hours; for mom, it was 12 hours and still not working. Not only were we all worried, but I was actually asking my family if they thought it could somehow be tied to the box, and they all shooed me and said it was silly.

Saturday afternoon I went to visit my mom and it seemed that the drug, although taking a full 24 hours had finally worked. My mom was now taking the medicine in pill form and her blood pressure was down, heart rate was down, and she was out of atrial fib. She was sitting up in a chair, smiling and being silly, and excited because she thought she would be able to come home the next day (Sunday). So that was a huge load off for me, which was great for calming my nerves for the episode I was to record with Jason Haxton that night.

So I recorded the episode, started uploading it to YouTube and went to bed. When I got up I heard my moms tachycardia had come back but no atrial fib; so it was bad, but not serious yet. My brother and I went to visit her in the ICU again, and this time it was the worst we had seen her. She was miserable and apparently in and out of atrial fib for the past 2 hours before we had got there. Scared and wondering myself, I asked my wife and family if they honestly thought it could be related to the box? This time they said they didn't think so, but they didn't want to talk about it just in case.

So last night I texted mom at the hospital for an update, and she was doing better, but not great, but at least it was something. I went in today to visit and she's doing much better, and hopefully she'll be able to go home tomorrow

So I don't know if that's due to the box or not, weird timing though; it could all very well be a coincidence, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't honestly wonder if there was some connection. I actually mentioned what had happened up to that point to Jason in the podcast, and he said that heart problems go hand in hand with victims of the box.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by favouriteslave
Oh vey, it's spelled Dybbuk! I may watch the videos.

I did just see the movie the "Possesion".

Your right, it is in fact supposed to be spelled Dybbuk, but it's mostly known as Dibbuk because that's the name I believe Kevin Mannis first used when he posted the box on ebay; I think that's the same reason Jason Haxton spelled it "Dibbuk" in his books title. His book was a great read by the way, and really fills in a lot of the background on the Jewish folklore regarding the Dibbuk/Dybbuk.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   

The Youtube tool is there for the purpose of UFO videos and other such things. I guess it can be used for whatever. My point is, you authored a thread to get exposure. To maximize this avoiding Youtube videos is what I am recommending. Take the advice or not. Very few people want to watch Youtube videos. We are online because, typically, we don't enjoy watching TV.

Or, to put it in terms I learned as an adult educator: use multi modal communication techniques to maximize exposure and retention.

You make a good point, I just thought that it would be good to hear it straight from Jason Haxton, because he's owned the Dibbuk Box for the last seven years and has done a crazy amount of research on it. I too rarely watch TV, and I usually read, but it's the point of hearing it from the horses mouth I guess; I thought it would add some weight to what was being said.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by smyleegrl

Don't let the rude comments of a few ruin your day. Stay with us, I promise we are worth it.

Your right, I'm seeing a few nice and relevant comments now, and it's much appreciated

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Wow!! It could be coincidence like you said, but the timing sure is crazy!

Like I said, I'd heard of all sorts of horrible things happening to folks, so while I'm sorry to hear all this happened to you and your family, I'm not really surprised. That box seems to be very, very bad news.

You got me hooked, I've gotta hear your podcast on your youtube links now.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   

What can I say man, if that isn't what you normally look like then laugh at yourself, because it does look like a silly haircut in that picture from what we can see. I didn't say you were a douche, or you look like a douche, I said it's a douchy haircut.

Sorry I guess I am on guard when someone comes and posts their 2 hour podcast recording as a post and asks us to all listen to it then talk about it here. It reeks of self promotion whether that is a fair critique or not, it is the perception. But to your credit you are doing something right somewhere because I have listened to your podcast before, honestly; Regardless of whether this is your first time advertising for it here I have run across it. My honest opinion was it was not that entertaining. I am not saying I could do it better, I am offering you the most honest feed back you are ever going to get. Take it for what it is or take it all as a slight either way we will both forget it after this thread.

If you still wish, I will send you a cropped picture of me with a goofy haircut that I don't normally wear and you can make fun of me too! It really won't bother me in the slightest. Honestly though good luck, it wasn't my thing but I hope you can be successful at it and it makes you happy.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by sputniksteve

What can I say man, if that isn't what you normally look like then laugh at yourself, because it does look like a silly haircut in that picture from what we can see. I didn't say you were a douche, or you look like a douche, I said it's a douchy haircut.

Sorry I guess I am on guard when someone comes and posts their 2 hour podcast recording as a post and asks us to all listen to it then talk about it here. It reeks of self promotion whether that is a fair critique or not, it is the perception. But to your credit you are doing something right somewhere because I have listened to your podcast before, honestly; Regardless of whether this is your first time advertising for it here I have run across it. My honest opinion was it was not that entertaining. I am not saying I could do it better, I am offering you the most honest feed back you are ever going to get. Take it for what it is or take it all as a slight either way we will both forget it after this thread.

If you still wish, I will send you a cropped picture of me with a goofy haircut that I don't normally wear and you can make fun of me too! It really won't bother me in the slightest. Honestly though good luck, it wasn't my thing but I hope you can be successful at it and it makes you happy.

I've recorded a fair amount of podcasts now; this was the first one I ever posted anywhere, the only place being here, and the reason is that I really do feel that there is a valid conspiracy in there involving Kevin Mannis's original story about the Dibbuk box.

The reason why I felt the actual video was so vital, was not because "I" am in there speaking, but because Jason Haxton is in there speaking, and he's the guy that owns the box and has the most knowledge on it. So can you understand why I felt that having people hear it straight from Jason has more weight than me, just some guy on the internet posting it as second hand information?

As to self promotion, the only difference between me posting this, and someone posting something they found by someone else, is that I am the direct source; it's all information, who cares where it comes from? And would I want lot's of people to view it? Your damn right! Because the more people that view it and subscribe, the more interesting stories that people are going to send to me to incorporate into my show. That whole show on the dibbuk box was created because one of my fans wanted a show on the dibbuk box, and he went the extra mile to help me make it; hell, he's the guy who got me Jason Haxton! I'm a paranormal and conspiracy fan just like anyone on this site, and I LOVE the idea that people from all walks of life can send me in a story that few know's about, or bring my attention to an interesting story that I otherwise wouldn't have heard about; The Dibbuk Box being just such a story.

If I only wanted to spam to get views, I would have done it with my Skinwalker Ranch episodes; because for some reason, that one managed to get over 13K views and I have no idea how; just luck I guess. In fact that one has been popular enough that I'm supposed to be doing a podcast with Chris O'brian next Saturday about Skinwalker ranch; he was the first international investigator to investigate the Sherman Ranch; and yet, I've never posted that series, because I didn't have a conspiracy to point out, or exclusive information from someone directly involved with the ranch, as I've had with the Dibbuk Box.

I've thought about sprucing up the episodes, and the only reason I haven't, is that I feel like if I were to add ambient music and images to the podcast it would take the "real" out of it and make it seem as if I were exaggerating things to get fake scares or something.

I really don't need a picture of you to poke fun at, I was just making a point. As to my "douchy" hair in the picture; dude I've had my hair in all kinds of wacky way's and then some due to my music career, and that's just the tip of the ice burg. I actually got a good laugh the other day when I came across a forum somewhere where someone had posted a screen grab of the opening in our effed up stories show depicting the "shadow man". He was asking people if they thought it was a real shadow man...but I knew I shot that for a music video, and what it really was, was myself in a thong covered in black halloween makeup and black pantyhose stretched over my face; I had a good laugh over that
and yes, I'll do the strangest things to get the right shot!

Anyway, forget the whole thing; you were on your gaurd, it rubbed me the wrong way, let's leave it where it is.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Hey man i'd just like to say good on you
and i really appreciate the effort you have put into this.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join