It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help please - how do I get airline cockpit to control tower transcripts?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Hi.

I’m doing some digging into this ufo sighting over Kentucky.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

A few of the witnesses claim to have seen a bunch of planes flying around the object. One person even made a comment that somebody should ask the airline pilots who flew by it to get a better look what it was. So that’s what I want to do. Well sorta.

I want to know how I can find out what planes were in the area at the time.
Plus I want to know if there is any way I can get a transcript of the chatter between the pilot and the control tower.

If you guys know where I can begin looking I would appreciate the help.

If it’s impossible to get that kind of information I would like to know that as well. (no sense banging my head against the wall.
)

Thanks.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Here is a site that will link you directly.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Have you just tried contacting the airport? Are you sure the airport has a control tower? If so, was it active at the time? (Class D airspace reverts to Class E when the tower is closed.)

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by cmdrkeenkid

Nope. I don't know anything about it.

I didn't know control towers closed!

Once I lived in a town where the police station closed on Sunday.
They only responded to emergency calls.

Anyway I did google of course but I haven't found anything useful. (obviously.)

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by cavalryscout

Make an FOIA request at the local airports and the airforce or department of defense (you might also consider NORAD). They are not very difficult to fill out and usually they request a series of keywords.

Do not bank on getting an answer if you think "UFOs" are involved or you may simply get a ridiculous answer. The FOIA departments of anything to do with government are generally understaffed, underfunded and seriously censored. In addition, Obama has created new restrictions that can make anything from a senator blowing his or her nose to farts in congress (and there are a lot of corrupt old farts in congress LOL) a potential national security issue.

Cheers - Dave
edit on 10/21.2012 by bobs_uruncle because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by bobs_uruncle

Thanks for the info.

I don't think I would give much of a reason. Maybe say I'm a student working on a project for school or something like that.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by cavalryscout

Thanks for the info.

I don't think I would give much of a reason. Maybe say I'm a student working on a project for school or something like that.

Yep, you have to be specific as to what you are looking for, but under no circumstances tell them you're a writer or a journalist. They will start heaping costs onto you and I think the lowest is around $250 if the info appears to be for commercial purposes. Even then, if they consider the information you are requesting to be questionable or there is dirt to hide, they will up the ante dollar wise anyway. It can be very frustrating dealing with FOIA people.

Recently we did an FOIA info request on our town council looking for a paper trail for corruption charges. The council requested about $30,000 for a couple of hundred pages. These bastards hide behind money. When I did an FOIA request through CSIS on my personal information relating to my "career" while overseas, I got back a curt letter with nine statutes listed involving national security issues as to why they didn't have to give me anything. These people play hardball, in some cases, you have to take them to court and even then, you still might not win and get the information after tens of thousands of dollars.

I have some experience in this area LOL.

Cheers
edit on 10/22.2012 by bobs_uruncle because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Wow!

Well this isn't that important to me, it's more of a curiosity.

I thought there might be some sort of website / database where you could find info. on commercial flights.

I appreciate all the info. though.

I guess I should start with the local airports maybe I'll stumble across something.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 01:33 AM
link   
reply to post by cavalryscout

Yup! Many smaller airports that have control towers will shut them down during the night, when there is less traffic. It saves money and they really isn't necessary for ATC to be there running the show.

Do you know what airport this was near? Contacting them directly may be the best option to start. Lots of times ATC will give information, especially if you butter them up. They really are underappreciated, and love to get a pat on the back. I know in pre-9/11 days you could even get tower tours just by asking. You still can at some airports, but you usually have to know someone or have it scheduled now.

top topics

join