It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Laryngitis but no sore throat.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Does anyone have any suggestions or home remedies for laryngitis that doesn't involve a sore throat? It's been about a month now and is mostly just frustrating. There's no pain involved at all, only excessive coughing and a very hoarse voice. The doctor suggested gargling with salt water and not talking, that didn't help and I can't afford a return trip at the moment until my new insurance policy kicks in come November.

I've tried a vaporizer, gargling salt water, vicks vapor rub, cloraseptic throat spray, sucrets, "Throat Coat" herbal tea, tomato soup, not talking, sinex nose spray for congestion, Nyquil cough formula, mucinex, alka seltzer, ginger tea made from ginger root, hot mulled apple cider freshly mulled. I've ran out of ideas and am open to suggestions.

Thank you.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Don't want to scare you, but I have a close friend that had the same problem last year. Went to the doctors, even got a catscan. Nothing found.

After a few months, he started having problems breathing.

Long story short, he had a layringectomy, a few months ago. Cancer!

Bottom line, get another opinion!

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   
I've been trying to keep that one out of my mind, but have been a bit concerned. I'm going through the full testing and results phases next month when my insurance kicks in, but would really love for it to be solved before that time.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   
I've been experiencing the same thing for 2 days now.. It's pissing me off.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by SproutKY

Perhaps a yeast infecton (yep, that kind)..it is possible to have one in the throat-no pain, just horseness. Antibiotics, a full course of 21 days can cure it if it is an infection.

It is prominent in mostly males, but not unheard of in females. Tell or call the dr.

Good luck to you

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   
You're definitely going to have to go see the doc when your insurance kicks in if it doesn't clear up, it's gone on way too long.

I usually drink a few tablespoons of natural apple cider vinegar with the mother in warm water every couple of hours if my throat is bothering me. Heinz now makes this. Don't get the kind without the mother in it, it doesn't work nearly as well.

I used to get laryngitis and lose my voice with no pain involved. The apple cider vinegar will burn out whatever germ is in there. This cure is as old as the Roman times.

You didn't indicate whether this started as a cold or flu, or if it just popped up out of the blue. It could also be some polyps on the vocal cords that are irritated. The pollen where I live is going crazy right now and has left me hoarse. It could be many things, don't let yourself get freaked out until you get a definitive answer.

Good luck.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Try taking an Iodine and magnesium pill for a few days, it'll strengthen your body. Sounds like you have a possible infection, a bacteria or fungus that creates chemicals to numb the victim. If it is in your larynx, try taking a little mineral oil to try to fix the problem, it doesn't take that much. Mineral oil kills or neutralizes all sorts of things. We don't see many people using it much anymore, it tastes like crap. Doesn't do that much for things it is not close to but works well on the throat and guts.

There are many things it could be, if it doesn't get better soon, go back to the doctor. Is there a fever at all? Apple cider vinegar also works on some things.
edit on 21-10-2012 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Thanks everybody, and sorry I'm slow about replying. I only remember to log on when my brother is around and talking about ATS.
It does seem to be improving a little over the weekends, then worse again by the end of the week but I have to talk a lot at work. I'm going to try the vinegar with mother and the mineral oil this weekend and see what effect they have on it.
Thanks for the ideas!

new topics

top topics

join