It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Explosions Burst off the Surface of the Sun

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Heliophysics Nugget: Gradient Sun

This shows the Awesome power that generates Chaos on Earth

Heliophysics nuggets are a collection of early science results, research techniques and instrument updates that further our attempt to understand the sun and the dynamic space weather system that surrounds Earth

www.nasa.gov...

Watching a particularly beautiful movie of the sun helps show how the lines between science and art can sometimes blur. But there is more to the connection between the two disciplines: science and art techniques are often quite similar,

I want to share this clip of the sun that brings life to Earth
And in the very very distant future will also Cremate the life it supported

Cran

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   
That is beautiful,thanks for sharing it!

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Thank you for sharing, wonderful stuff, I remember reading somewhere about there being something record breaking on the sun currently, correct me if i'm wrong though, I could be thinking about something else. Great post none the less.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by TehSlenderMan

There was this a few days ago

A giant wave of super-hot solar plasma larger than the Earth erupted from the sun on Friday (Oct. 19) in a spectacular display captured by a NASA spacecraft.

www.space.com...

Cran

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Very beautiful. You only need to look to nature for examples of beauty and power.

With regards to your comment:

I want to share this clip of the sun that brings life to Earth
And in the very very distant future will also Cremate the life it supported

The sun will most likely last another approx. 3-4 billion years. If we have not transcended our current being, or figured out to efficiently live among the stars at that point....We should probably be cremated as your put it

I however am more optomistic. In that amount of time i believe our current solar system will be but a distant historical fact that makes reference to the creation of our species.

Edit: I see you are just referencing life on the planet as a whole and not specifically the human species. So your connection would be correct, presuming life continues to exist on our planet that far in the future and we have not completely killed it.
edit on 22-10-2012 by MDDoxs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by TehSlenderMan

This is described as record breaking
Record-breaking solar flare described

The powerful solar flare, observed March 7 by the Fermi Gamma-ray Space Telescope, produced such an outpouring of gamma rays -- a form of light with even greater energy than X-rays -- that the sun briefly became the brightest object in the gamma-ray sky,

www.upi.com...
Dazzling

Cran

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by cranspace

Yes! That sounds familiar, thank you!

top topics

join