It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

International monitors at US polling spots draw criticism from voter fraud groups

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by vkey08

The UN can kiss my American keester. I say we throw the whole lot into the ocean and watch them swim back to where they come from and then rent out the UN building to low income residents. Maybe something good would come of that building then.

The UN monitoring America? I mean come on. They can't even decide what they want for lunch in that organization.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flint2011
reply to post by vkey08

The UN can kiss my American keester. I say we throw the whole lot into the ocean and watch them swim back to where they come from

the came from San Francisco, and the US was one of hte big powers that was keen to set it up - the US Congress "requested" the UN set up in the USA.......unanimously - in both houses.

The UN monitoring America? I mean come on. They can't even decide what they want for lunch in that organization.

which is, of course, utterly irrelevant to anything!

edit on 22-10-2012 by Aloysius the Gaul because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 05:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aloysius the Gaul

reply to post by vkey08

The UN can kiss my American keester. I say we throw the whole lot into the ocean and watch them swim back to where they come from

the came from San Francisco, and the US was one of hte big powers that was keen to set it up - the US Congress "requested" the UN set up in the USA.......unanimously - in both houses.

which is, of course, utterly irrelevant to anything!

edit on 22-10-2012 by Aloysius the Gaul because: (no reason given)

Oh Snap! Burn!

Meanwhile, one of the founding members of the UN along with a strong majority agree that the UN has become a complete failure and needs a serious overhaul and complete reform.

The United Nations is a failed system. Plain and simple. It is yet another political and bureaucratic machine that has outlived it's purpose. It serves it's own agenda and not hat of all member parties equally. And that can be said for most of the member parties including my own Nation.

But hey, I bet you will call that "utterly irrelevant to anything" to. Darn me for going and having an opinion and sometimes injecting humor into it. Let me climb back in the pen with the rest of the farm animals and stop feeling, thinking or expressing myself.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 06:03 AM
link   
There was a "poll monitor" at my poll several elections back and everything went normally. I don't know if they were UN or not though, next time I'll ask.

But, the elections AFTER the poll watcher's visit - everything went 100% crooked at my poll!

1. The booths AUDIBLY "called out" every vote you made so everybody could hear. (A built-in feature for the hard-of-hearing - volume was maxed so everybody could hear your vote out loud.)

2. The votes were NOT secret and I challenged them over the fact that I was required to sign a specific number which matched up to my ticket number (Was refused permission to draw a random number).

3. Campaigning WITHIN the polling place by its own polling workers.

4. Other stuff I forgot already.

5. You cannot "volunteer" to be an election place worker if your votes don't agree with THEIR political stance.

This doesn't even cover the HACKABLE, Internet-connected voting booth issues.

So, it's a pity poll watchers don't get to see the corruption that follows in the following elections where the poll is no longer watched.

edit on 23/10/2012 by Trexter Ziam because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 06:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by badgerprints
It's pretty sad when we have military all over the world and spend trillions on the rest of the planet but the UN is monitoring our elections.

Just another small step in the effort to eventually subjugate US citizens to UN rule.

I think they should defund the UN and kick them out of the US altogether. They are collectively an enemy of the US.

What a typically wonderful over reaction! We know there have been irregularities with at least the last couple of US elections. When the UN (including the USA) is pushing for international monitors in other countries where there are known to have been voter manipulation, this smacks of complete and utter hypocrisy. They are basically saying we can Police other elections but no one can monitor ours. Sorry, the world doesn't work like that. A bit like how upset the USA got over the EU imposing tariffs - completely failing to see the irony of their position when they do exactly the same thing.

Those of us that believe in democracy should welcome monitoring of all elections, regardless of location, to ensure they are free and fair.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 06:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra
reply to post by vkey08

Yup its legal....

All they do is observe to see how things go and will document incidents that prevent people from voting, like black panthers etc etc etc.

That's hilarious.
The Black Panthers are actually more relevant than the UN.
More open minded too.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by vkey08

United Nations-affiliated election monitors from Europe and central Asia will be at polling places around the U.S. looking for voter suppression activities by conservative groups, a concern raised by civil rights groups during a meeting this week. The intervention has drawn criticism from a prominent conservative-leaning group combating election fraud.

UN Monitors Story

Uh... really? Both sides have engaged in some sort of voter manipulation over the years, last time I seem to remember the Black Panthers being involved in a row about voting in Pennsylvania. But the bigger question is, is it legal for the United Nations to have a presence in our elections? Personally I think this is a very bad sign of things to come, but I'd like to hear others thoughts...

I find it interesting they mention "voter suppression by conservative groups" yet fail to mention the voter suppression last election cycle by the likes of the New Black Panthers....

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   
What was that refrain we kept hearing when Bush was president?

Oh yeah. "If you're not doing anything wrong, you have nothing to worry about."

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Jeremiah65

Are you kidding me?? The UN is just as corrupt as our government!! Why would I want a foreigner monitoring my elections?? What we truly need is an INDEPENDENT group of CITIZENS without political affiliation monitoring our election cycles. Instead, we have the fox guarding the hen house. This is an irrational point of view, imo.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   

which is, of course, utterly irrelevant to anything! :lol

Oh Snap! Burn!

Meanwhile, one of the founding members of the UN along with a strong majority agree that the UN has become a complete failure and needs a serious overhaul and complete reform.

Russia??

A complete failure?? I dont' think so.

Eradication of smallpox is one of hte greatest achievenments in all of human history. And while the political side of things often resembles your basic partisan politics (something I'm more than willing to admit Americans are experts at) there are organisations such as ICAO, WHO, UNESCO that do great work in all sorts of fields around the world.

The United Nations is a failed system. Plain and simple. It is yet another political and bureaucratic machine that has outlived it's purpose.

Ah - assertion without justification - the staple here on ATS!

But hey, I bet you will call that "utterly irrelevant to anything" to.

sooner or later you are going to post somethign that is corect - I hope it doesn't shock you too much when it happens!!

Darn me for going and having an opinion and sometimes injecting humor into it. Let me climb back in the pen with the rest of the farm animals and stop feeling, thinking or expressing myself.

I didn't say anything at all about you not being allowed to have an opinion - and when I think it is, irrelevant and/or stupid and narrow minded I am sure you will defend my right to say so - like I just did

edit on 23-10-2012 by Aloysius the Gaul because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by badgerprints
It's pretty sad when we have military all over the world and spend trillions on the rest of the planet but the UN is monitoring our elections.

Just another small step in the effort to eventually subjugate US citizens to UN rule.

I think they should defund the UN and kick them out of the US altogether. They are collectively an enemy of the US.

The US monitored by whom it funds and runs makes you uneasy? Really?

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by macman

Originally posted by neformore
reply to post by vkey08

Which part of "observer" suggests interference?

Doesn't matter, they have no business in the US. Period.

Since someone pointed it out, and you apparently missed, we are a signatory to treaties that allow it. If people from Italy are on vacation here in the states during the election and they happen to see the voting going on, are they interfering?

All they do is watch... Since the bulk of US citizens do the same damn thing why is it an issue? All they do is watch to see if there are any issues that prevent people from voting. Since they were invited and arent storming the gates what exactly is the problem?

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

As a candidate in the last municipal election I filed criminal complaints on multiple counts of illegal voter assistance and two felony counts of illegal voting I observed or was notified by the election judges. At the county level, the fix is institutionalized by the election department that refuses to delete over 9000 dead people from the registered voters list, lets anybody vote with a water bill for id, and allows nonresidents to vote because someday they may return to their hometown even though they live in another county.
THIS kind of voter fraud happen every year in municipal elections and it has nothing to do with parties - no Dems or Repubs are allowed to affiliate at the local level.

ganjoa

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   

You can detract from the realities if you like and quote all the BS you wish but I am not alone in this.

Read Here

You keep on defending the scum that is the UN. More power to you. I didn't call your stance stupid or you for that matter at least.

edit on 10-29-2012 by Flint2011 because: Typos

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   

You can detract from the realities if you like and quote all the BS you wish but I am not alone in this.

Read Here
[

Read my sig

You keep on defending the scum that is the UN. More power to you. I didn't call your stance stupid or you for that matter at least.

I will happily continue to point out the bigotry and stupidity of statements like "the swcum that is the UN".

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   
I wonder what hte people who are againast election monitoring think the monitors might discover??

Here'sa list of countried the UN election monitoring mission went ot in 2006 - (from this 1.15mb download)

Country Type of Election Date
Canada Parliamentary 23 January
Belarus Presidential 19 March
Ukraine Parliamentary 26 March
Italy Parliamentary 9-10 April
Azerbaijan Repeat parliamentary 13 May
Montenegro (Serbia and Montenegro) Referendum 21 May
Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia Parliamentary 5 July
Montenegro Parliamentary 10 September
Bosnia and Herzegovina General 1 October
Georgia Municipal 5 October
Latvia Parliamentary 7 October
Bulgaria Presidential 22 October
Tajikistan Presidential 6 November
United States Mid-term congressional 7 November
Netherlands Parliamentary 22 November

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Removed because one day I'll learn to read the entire thread before opening my mouth and repeating other people.

edit on 10/29/2012 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Read Here
[

Read my sig

I will happily continue to point out the bigotry and stupidity of statements like "the swcum that is the UN".

Then a bigot in your eyes I shall be. All the negative labels you want to sling in the world will not change the fact that the UN is a problem and needs serious reform. Until it happens I say down with the Organization and that all Nations start minding there own yard chores again.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra
Iowa warns international observers of arrest

Round 2......

from that link:

Iowa has joined Texas in warning international election observers of possible criminal prosecution if they violate state laws and get near polling places on Election Day.

Iowa Secretary of State Matt Schultz — like Texas Attorney General Greg Abbott last week — on Tuesday threatened Organization for Security and Co-operation in Europe election observers with arrest if they came within 300 feet of a polling place’s entrance, in violation of state law. (In Texas, it’s 100 feet.)

What a total non-sequiter - the observers have no more rights than anyone else, and are obliged to stick to local law wherever they and alwayus have been, even in all the previous US elections they have observed!!

From the Election Observation Handbook (850kb pdf)

CODE OF CONDUCT FOR OSCE/ODIHR OBSERVERS
􀐀 Observers will maintain strict impartiality in the conduct of their duties and will, at no
time, publicly express or exhibit any bias or preference in relation to national authorities,
parties, candidates, or with reference to any issues in contention in the election process.
􀐀 Observers will undertake their duties in an unobtrusive manner and will not interfere in the
electoral process. Observers may raise questions with election officials and bring irregularities
to their attention, but they must not give instructions or countermand their decisions.
􀐀 Observers will remain on duty throughout election day, including observation
of the vote count and, if instructed, the next stage of tabulation.
􀐀 Observers will base all conclusions on their personal observations
or on clear and convincing facts or evidence.
􀐀 Observers will not make any comments to the media on the electoral process or on
the substance of their observations, and any comment to the media will be limited to
general information about the observation mission and the role of the observers.
􀐀 Observers will not take any unnecessary or undue risks. Each observer’s
personal safety overrides all other considerations.
􀐀 Observers will carry any prescribed identification issued by the host government or
election commission and will identify themselves to any authority upon request.
􀐀 Observers will comply with all national laws and regulations.
􀐀 Observers will exhibit the highest levels of personal discretion
and professional behaviour at all times.
􀐀 Observers will attend all required mission briefings and debriefings and adhere to the deployment
plan and all other instructions provided by the OSCE/ODIHR Election Observation Mission.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join