It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama has better leadership skills, survey shows

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   

A survey conducted by the University at Buffalo School of Management that evaluated the leadership skills of President Barack Obama and Republican challenger Mitt Romney has found that Obama scored significantly better than Romney in most leadership categories and in overall leadership skill.

Read more at: phys.org...

Seventy-four percent of the professors described themselves on the liberal end of the scale, yet in a regression analysis, the professors' political leaning was not a significant determinant of how they evaluated overall leadership.

Couldn't find much about this Jerry Newman Ph.D I looked everywere and could only find outdated profile snippets and one publication. My Secret Life on the McJob
Seems a rather weird study, and to be released at a weird time.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by ubeenhad

What a strange study. I'm curious what data they used because I haven't seen any leadership from Obama that could be used for comparison.

edit on 20-10-2012 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Well even a dead chicken is capable of having slightly more leadership ability than a chicken thats been dead for longer.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   

The premise is ridiculous IMO. Obama has demonstrated no leadership whatsoever. He has never even run anything in his life before taking office. I’m curious what these bozos used for comparison because I’ve seen no examples of leadership from Obama. Romney's 25 years in business and 4 years as Governor clearly indicates he has leadership ability.

Besides, if any of this garbage in the survey was true, why does Romney lead in all major polls on the issues of Foreign Policy and the Economy??

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag

The premise is ridiculous IMO. Obama has demonstrated no leadership whatsoever. He has never even run anything in his life before taking office. I’m curious what these bozos used for comparison because I’ve seen no examples of leadership from Obama. Romney's 25 years in business and 4 years as Governor clearly indicates he has leadership ability.

Besides, if any of this garbage in the survey was true, why does Romney lead in all major polls on the issues of Foreign Policy and the Economy??

Well, I wonder how the control group was selected? Democratic mailing list?

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Well, I wonder how the control group was selected? Democratic mailing list?

SURELY!

This is propaganda released 2 weeks prior to the election to get into the psyche of ‘undecided’ or on-the-fence voters….nothing more. Universities don’t have to hide their bias these days; everybody knows which way they swing.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by NosmoKing
You're forgetting - BHO leads from behind...or was it that he likes behinds...oh, I'm thinking of the photo when he was overseas standing on the steps checking out the behind of a young 17-year old who was walking up the steps...that was it...yes, 'behind' is definitely the word we're looking for..."leading from behind" - what a great campaign slogan.

Thats racist.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Apparently everything is racist these days…even Peanut Butter & Jelly.

Here is the reality Obama faces…it’s no wonder even academia is doing its best to help him.

As most surveys show Obama and Romney locked in a virtual dead heat, Gallup finds that the Republican would win by a comfortable six percentage points if the election were held today.

With a record of correctly predicting all but three of the 19 presidential races stretching back to 1936, Gallup is one of the most prestigious names in the business and its outlier status has other polling experts scratching their heads.
Yahoo

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Reminder....

Come on, guys, let's discuss the topic and not anatomy, PBJ or whatever.

--Off Topic, One Liners and General Back Scratching Posts--

and just in case...

We expect civility and decorum within all topics - Please Review This Link.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag

What a strange study. I'm curious what data they used because I haven't seen any leadership from Obama that could be used for comparison.

I think they left out "successful" in their study too. I too would love to see what they used as measurement. Plus 74% (I would assume higher) are liberal, and of course that has no influance in all of this...lol

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by DontTreadOnMe

OBAMA AGENT!

Edit: To avoid breaking the one liner rule again I will add another point.

When I said "Thats racist" its a poetically simple way of implying the stereotype that every anti-obomaist has racial motives, and mocking it. That wouldnt validate it as a proper post?
edit on 20-10-2012 by ubeenhad because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Xtrozero

I think they left out "successful" in their study too. I too would love to see what they used as measurement. Plus 74% (I would assume higher) are liberal, and of course that has no influance in all of this...lol

Obviously the “success” or 'effectiveness' of the leadership is assumed (or implied) in this case. After all, if the leadership is ineffective or counterproductive is that really something admirable??

The notion that, after 4 years of failure and no previous leadership position, somehow Obama has demonstrated more leadership than a successful CEO and Governor is ridiculous!

Certainly most Americans will see this study for what it is…toilet paper.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Maybe he does, but this survey sure as hell does not mean he does or does not...

You have to earn your respect being a leader. You have to show your a good leader..

We don't know exactly how Romneys leadership would be as POTUS... We know him as governor,

but not as POTUS.... So far, I think this survey is way off.. Lets gives Romney 4 years to see

how his leadership compares to Obama, if it is worse, Obama can run in 2016.. Lets give it a shot.

Surveys likes this for either candidate I would find VERY suspicious. I do not think they are

trying to deny ignorance at all.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 05:48 AM
link   
Who was surveyed? George Clooney and Sarah Jessica Parker?

Cue Richard Dawson...."Survey says!!!!!"

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 05:54 AM
link   
I'd disagree,

Obama's leadership skills: 4 years of you know what, I don't even need to say 4 years of ______ anything you can fill the blank in yourself. If you're Sam Jackson and rake in 5mil a year the last 4 years weren't too shabby, but if you are the average Joe Schmoe the last 4 years were you know what.

Romney's leadership skills: Top notch. Gov of Mass, binders full of qualified women worked for him, he hired them, they were in top leadership positions and Mass was ranked #1 in % of women working in top positions because of him, the women in those positions have a lot to say about his leadership skills:

www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 07:43 AM
link   
I understand this. Leadership does not equal results. Jim Jones and Charlie Manson also had/have great leadership skills.

I am sure if President Obama gave a speech to the diplomats and staff before they went to Benghazi, they crew would have been fired up and thinking that they were going to change the world for the better. So I am sure the leadership was great but the results were not optimal....

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 08:50 AM
link   

So, this survey was supposedly based on these particular "skills":

More than 100 professors responded, rating Obama and Romney on the 10 competencies of LeaderCORE:

problem solving/decision making, global and diversity mindset, strategic thinking, team leadership, team skills, communication, interpersonal skills, integrity, results orientation and self-management/adaptability.

According to the survey, here's what gave Obama's his highest marks:

According to the results, Obama particularly showed strength as a leader in global and diversity mindset, communication and interpersonal skills.

Obama's ability to adapt in the ever-changing landscape of health care reform and his stance on gay marriage also earned him high marks in adaptability and results orientation.

phys.org...

So, in essence, they're saying that Obama has better leadership skills because he comes from a diverse background, is better at communicating fluff, knows how to work the system and bribe members of Congress into voting for Obamacare while supporting gay marriage, even though he didn't always support gay marriage in the beginning.

I thought it was funny that they didn't see any significant differences between the two when it came to the skills of "team leadership" and "team skills". I would love to know how Obama's ability/non-ability to work with Congress affected this ranking. Also, unless any of these professors lived in Massachusetts, I doubt any of them knew one thing about Mitt Romney's skills.

I couldn't help but notice too that the skill of "strategic thinking" and "integrity" was left unmentioned altogether in this article.

edit on 21-10-2012 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join