It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel seizes pro-Palestinian activist ship off Gaza

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 06:43 AM
link   
I have posted before on the subject of a nation attacking another state,and the rest of the world just sits and waits to see the outcome.The reason is simple no gains in resources and money /political.Brings these into it and it would be a different story.Palestine is bullied and hit by the Isreali forces...(and the west of the world including UK just lets it happen)

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by FraternitasSaturni

Originally posted by FraternitasSaturni
Now... seriously, can you give me examples of anyone using slingshots that are actually winning at any war?

The first link I posted. I'll even post it again for you. While having a tough time, I would say that the Syrian rebels are slowing winning the war against Assad's regime.

Syria's slingshot squadron: Dramatic pictures show rebels using homemade catapult to launch bombs at Assad's troops

EDIT: oh and I didnt mention those three because in 10 or 11 years I never tried to beat the bloody hell out of anyone with a vest, with a gas mask or even with my goggles. Maybe it works tho... you try it and tell me afterwards how aggressive and dangerous those items are will ya mate?

I'm not sure what your ten or eleven years have to do with anything. I'm not even sure what that's a reference too. Regardless, bulletproof vests, gas masks, and night vision goggles do provide a tactical advantage in combat. To ignore that is as naive as ignoring the military applications of concrete and rebar.

I appreciate your views, but I'm finding your lack of respect for my points on the topic, and your lack of maturity in general, to be highly frustrating. I'm trying very hard not to feed into it. I have not slighted your views or responded to them with sarcasm, as you have mine. If it appears that I have and you're retaliating, I am sorry. That was not my intent. I would enjoy the same benefit. Would you be so kind as to show me that? Thank you.
edit on 10/21/2012 by cmdrkeenkid because: Fixing broken format tags.

EDIT TO ADD
reply to post by Mads1987

Not to put words into Pervius' keyboard, but I would think "Mr. X" is just a label for whatever person, corporation, or entity is performing these actions.

For example, if "Mr. X" were Maersk. Let's say Maersk loses US$300M in a piracy attack. Maersk then creates a "Gaza Aid" ship to "attempt" to run the blockade, knowing full well it will not make it. Israel seizes the cargo, which Maersk values at US$300M. Israel pays Maersk back, balancing out the true loss from the piracy attack.

I think that is what Pervius is trying to say. I could be wrong.

I don't believe that is how it works though, since I would assume all shipments are insured in one way or another. As long as it were insured, the loss would be paid back through the insurance company. I'm not too knowledgeable on maritime law though, so I really have no idea who would be responsible for repayment.
edit on 10/21/2012 by cmdrkeenkid because: Added response to Mads1987

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 04:05 AM
link   
reply to post by cmdrkeenkid

Yeah, okay. Now I get what he meant.
But I think it is unlikely that someone would be able to scam a nation or an insurance company with that method. It's simply to obvious, and I don't imagine any company would insure such a cargo or vessel in the first place, and I doubt that Israel would ever pay damage to said vessel, by printing extra money or however it was proposed, not even if pressured by the international community.

<< 1  2   >>

join