It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

VOTE: Early Computer Problems Cause Election Chaos in Florida

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 08:45 PM
link   
In chad-weary Florida, early problems with elections process and hardware/software are causing a new wave of jitters among voters across the country. Within hours of opening early polls, problems began plaguing the system.

apnews.myway.com WEST PALM BEACH, Fla. (AP) - With memories of 2000 and the state's bitter fight over ballots still fresh, Floridians began casting votes Monday and within an hour problems cropped up. In Palm Beach County, the center of the madness during the recount four years ago, a Democratic state legislator said she wasn't given a complete absentee ballot when she asked to opt for paper instead of the electronic touch-screen machines. Several voting sites in Broward County had problems with laptops connected to elections headquarters. And a brief computer system crash in Orange County paralyzing voting in Orlando and its immediate suburbs.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.
And these are not the only early signs of what is shaping up to be the most litigious election the U.S. has ever seen. Nearly every state has experienced new levels of voter confusion and peculiar actions from voter registration drives. Related News Links: www.sfgate.com

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 08:49 PM
link   
I smell another 2000-type corruption in this year's election too
it's sad what these men would do to win the presidency
personally, I think that if they want it so bad that they should disgrace the democrtic system like that, they don't deserve to be the president

on the other hand, if this is just an honest computer problem and the election goes off without a hitch, then what I mentioned above should be disregarded

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by UnknownOrigins
it's sad what these men would do to win the presidency

You would have a slightly more correct view if "these men" were puppets and you saw the puppet masters and the puppet show producers as being the source of more insidious, deep seated, higher levels of corruption.

Thinly veiled as "freedom" and "democracy".

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 10:57 PM
link   
It would be nice if the new electronic voting process printed out a paper ballot indicating your choices so you could confirm the process was done correctly. This could also serve as a fraud deterrent and a paper trail. This would go very far I believe in eliminating accusations of fraud using the new electronic method.

top topics

join