It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Largest voter turnout in U.S. history?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by MrSpad

MrSpad, Have you been paying attention?

Real Clear Politics Electoral College Map

Romney/Ryan 206 vs. Obama/Biden 201

Tossups 131

www.realclearpolitics.com...

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by MrSpad

MrSpad, Have you been paying attention?

Real Clear Politics Electoral College Map

Romney/Ryan 206 vs. Obama/Biden 201

Tossups 131

www.realclearpolitics.com...

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

What Wrabbit...you don't want another Presidential election decision made by the Supreme Court....months after the election....awwwwww...come on that was a slow-mo nail biter.....

Des

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Uneedhlp247

None of the above

edit on 10/19/2012 by Firewater because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

another nail biter like 2000 and I won't have fingers by the end. I'll have bitten them too!

I wonder how that would play out now....since SO much of the nation has apparently gone digital with no paper backup for a hard copy record as I keep hearing people say? The primary here was still on paper "complete the arrow with the ink pen" ballots. Not even a chad to hang on ours...but the electronic vote boxes? How does one recount those in a nationally critical race that's gone to street fight in the courts?

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Firewater

People who choose none of the above and waste their vote will be the first ones to wine and complain if Obama gets a second term and gives this country phase 2 of his horrible ideas and communist beliefs. We will all suffer due to the lack of interest in turning this country around.

Romney may not be the ideal candidate but we all see where the current one is taking us. We have to make a choice. When Regan took office it only took him 2 years to show a major decreese in our debt. The people that say Obama hasn't had enough time to make a difference in our debt are completely wrong. He has made a tremendous difference but it was for the worse.

Enough with the excuses for the first African American President. It was a great idea but the wrong one was chosen. I'm sure their are many thousands of African Americans that would have been so much better for this country but we all took the bait. We need to forget about the color of his skin and see what is going on. Pretend he is George Bush and you start to see through the smoke and mirrors.

Romney isn't my ideal candidate but he made his millions turning around failing companies then selling for a profit. Our Govt is just another failing business and we need to bring someone in who has the experience to make the necessary changes to help dig us out of debt and help make us a profitable Great Nation once again......This is all I want.... This is all any of us should want!

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Doesn't matter how many turn out or if they lie about voter turnout or if ( my favorite ) no one turns out ? Obama will be selected. And most people will continue to play Marco Polo.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs

Doesn't matter how many turn out or if they lie about voter turnout or if ( my favorite ) no one turns out ? Obama will be selected. And most people will continue to play Marco Polo.

You're right that in many ways the election at the national level was lost quite awhile ago as far as the people getting anyone to do something for us. Not handouts..actually do something constructive and positive i mean.

I just hope people would remember the Presidential and Congressional races with national attention, money and power to play games are just a few of MANY MANY races and issues normally on a Presidential year ballot.

The White House may not be worth making the trip for...but is who serves on your kid's school board or who serves on your towns council equal to those much larger and dirtier races? ....Not to mention taxes, new laws and Judges... At least my state allows a vote to remove. Not to appoint one but we can vote to remove a judge as it's on the ballot every time. Lots of things make going worth it....national races or not, IMO.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 01:23 AM
link   
They tried recalling a Governor in My State. After all was said and done,Voting was up. But...... It was for votes to keep a Republican Governor in office. The Democrats just didn't come out to vote.

It said a lot, actually.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 01:28 AM
link   

If that's true, it's in favor of Romney.

Polls are, in essence, really guesses about who will show up on election day.

Every pollster worth their salt, whether they have Obama up by 3 or Romney up by 7, will tell you the following:

1. Both men get 90-95% of their own party
2. Both men get 5-10% of the other party
3. Romney leads among independents by 5-20%
4. Republicans have the enthusiasm advantage

We can break down by race and gender all day, but it's all a distraction. Now that both men have got their parties in line, this is going to break down by who is winning independents and who has the enthusiasm advantage.

Romney has both. If more people show up than usual, it won't be because Obama did such a bang up job these last 4 years.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 01:57 AM
link   

I like your reply and agree with you for the most part. But what is going on nationally can exempt everything in state and local governments. At least you didn't say, those who don't vote will be the first to complain. Or something redundant like that.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1
They tried recalling a Governor in My State. After all was said and done,Voting was up. But...... It was for votes to keep a Republican Governor in office. The Democrats just didn't come out to vote.

It said a lot, actually.

A star for your collection on a point well said, as always.

I saw the same thing and it worked against us here in trying to get a small thing like Dr. Paul carried by our County. Not our State, not nation. Just our damn county. 1,500 went to yell rah rah rah at the rally and diddly squat bothered to show up at the only place any of it ever mattered anyway. The Caucus. Heck.. Paul had spent part of his speech talking about that very thing and how he got tons of support in events but squat for numbers where it would actually make things happen.

I see so many saying the system is rigged..or it never works and never can. Well, I have to ask myself..Just how the heck would anyone KNOW? We average 50% or less that bother to even show up on the big 4 year presidential elections and that's held now for decades. Mid terms are in the 30's for % bothering themselves to show up. The Caucus system where the men running ARE determined 100% by numbers who bother to show up....have snowed people into believing it takes a special invitation or SOMETHING to show up and stand to participate. The greatest fraud ever perpetrated on people, in my opinion...after learning this cycle HOW the system REALLY works.

So...When people can't even show up to try, how anyone say what can or cannot work? We'd have to give it a good 'ol college try first.

@Randyvs

Err.. lol.. Hope that didn't cross what you were hoping not to see... I'm not saying people can't complain...simply that we wouldn't know what really works or doesn't unless we got just one year with a TRUE majority of those eligible showing up..and things still went bad. Then, well... Something less than that started a little disagreement between the states back in the 1860's..eh?
We can't even joke about that when we can't even get much over 50% to drop the Doritos and ding dongs to go spend 10 minutes on a vote that's 100% free... lol
edit on 20-10-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Err.. lol.. Hope that didn't cross what you were hoping not to see... I'm not saying people can't complain...simply that we wouldn't know what really works or doesn't unless we got just one year with a TRUE majority of those eligible showing up..and things still went bad. Then, well... Something less than that started a little disagreement between the states back in the 1860's..eh? We can't even joke about that when we can't even get much over 50% to drop the Doritos and ding dongs to go spend 10 minutes on a vote that's 100% free... lol

Ya! Well at least you didn't say it to me !

The thing about that is, does voting give you a right to complain ? No, because you already had that right to begin with. For the record, I won't be voting for anyone of the sorry asses. I also won't be complaining a lick. I wouldn't complain even if I did vote either. What the hell good is complaining going to do and who wants to listen to that anyway. I can't even stand to here myself complaining. I'll save you all the, " your vote doesn't blah blah blah and blah blah ". I'm just sick of the whole bombastic bunch of BS ! Makes me want to puke !

Seems to me the human memory deletes all political information every three or so years. I swear that's exactly what it looks like. The human brain just won't retain the same old political song and dance for more than three years. It's comical and makes us all look like idiots. IMO
edit on 20-10-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 07:04 AM
link   
I wish people would just stop buying into their game and stop voting all together.

The illusion of choice. What a joke.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 07:05 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Absolutely agreed on the fact that complaining is a right to everyone...part of that whole free speech thing and voting has nothing to do with it either way.... I've never been one to say a person not voting has no right to speak their mind too....and if someone wants to stay home, it's better they do anyway.

I'd rather fewer total votes than votes just thrown willy nilly by people simply sick of the whole system. Sometimes Local issues DO come 'that close' and it would be infuriating to learn someone I knew just basically threw a dart to vote a choice and made up a small margin the wrong way.

Nor will I push to say all the reasons why I think everyone ought to vote. Not when you have strong personal feelings against it. As someone with plenty of my own strong feelings on issues, I think respectfully disagreeing is the only way to go, on this issue anyway.

Also..., I think a great many of us share the sentiment about just wanting ALL the garbage to end at this point. The final stretch can't get past quickly enough. After I vote that morning, I may just shut off my TV, Browser, phone and everything else to catch up on Diablo III for the rest of the day. I'll check headlines Wednesday since I sure have no desire to even watch the "show" election night, no matter who wins. This WHOLE thing has left such a bad taste on all levels, I'd pay THEM to give me a None of the Above on ALL national level races.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 07:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Dishonored

There sure are a lot of brand new people recently pushing that message, almost word for word in a few variations...and pushing it REAL HARD. Odd thing about that..... Personally, the message sounds like Whine without any solid reasoning to support it. Blindly saying the system is corrupt and staying out of it is how the party hacks have taken complete, total and largely unchallenged control of our nation, at every level and to absolute terms.

When we no longer have a vote....America's fall could be said to be complete. So long as it still exists...the chance, however slim, for peaceful change still exists. Just my opinion....because the alternative is fighting which no one here is going to do..and it's gotten BEYOND old hearing people claim they will.....or give up entirely.

I'm not Rambo and I don't know HOW to give up and watch my nation burn...so it's off to politics I go...as soon as I settle on precisely what path in I'm taking. Right now, voting is the very least anyone can do. Doesn't even cost a dime.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Voting 3rd party is a vote for Obama. Writing in a vote is a vote for Obama. Voting Romney is a vote for the lesser of 2 evils. Voting Obama is a vote for Obama.

So what I see here is 3 options to vote for Obama, and one option to vote for a spoiled brat born with a silver spoon in his mouth that has never had to truly work a day in his life... yet he somehow knows the woes of the working class and how to fix them. And oh I just can't wait to see Anne as our new first lady! She can teach us how to care for our horse and hire the maid to raise the kids.

The media is paid off to push this 2 party dictatorship. There is no point to even partake.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Dishonored

And so.... To express disgust over one race between two men who don't even do a hell of a lot that effects any one of us directly anyway...(If we're totally honest about the role of a United States President and cut through the B.S. for a moment)......You'd throw your ability to have any say on every other race from school board to state rep?

Surly no one is suggesting EVERY race down to the local newcomer level is rigged. The sheer bureaucracy that would require to keep straight and smooth....if being secret wasn't required...would be staggering. To do it and keep it completely insulated from anyone who wouldn't go for it? Well... It's into the realm of fantasy by simple logistics and human nature never keeping that level of organized corruption going for any length of time.

I have little doubt the national races are screwed with to no end. Kennedy's election would be a dandy example of how far back it goes too. He had as many dead as living voting in some places, as the rumors go. Old game......but LOCALLY, these are offices any one of us COULD run for ourselves and it's just outright paranoid to say the thousands upon thousands of races across America are ALL rigged and controlled at some high level we can't see. Even God can't multi-task that far..

Write a nasty note and tell 'em where to stick their Presidential race.. There is your best chance. The down ticket races are always running though and they DO directly effect us in DAILY life by local taxes, laws and policy at our community level.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 08:02 AM
link   
I think people underestimate the level of motivation on the democratic side. Romney is like George Bush only more conservative and even more blatantly in the pocket of wall street. We still remember George Bush, the worst president in modern times, and we will not allow another Republican to be elected.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   

I'd rather fewer total votes than votes just thrown willy nilly by people simply sick of the whole system. Sometimes Local issues DO come 'that close' and it would be infuriating to learn someone I knew just basically threw a dart to vote a choice and made up a small margin the wrong way.

There you go Wrabbit ! Great mind you got there. Good luck, stay well, peace and cheers ! We'll talk again.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join