It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The News Media

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   
How would the news handle world war 3 from the war's initiation?

Like how would we be informed that the U.S. is going to strike?

I'd like to know how the news media would be informative of a very serious world situation. How would they be on top of it?

Would the U.S. first inform its public through the news media that it is going to strike an enemy country?

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by WarJohn

I dont believe any would really tell us. We would have little networks and local networks saying stuff, but they would be blown under the rug and discredited. The nets would be scrubbed and all of our politicians would lie to us.

Hell, we might be there already and just no one knows. THAT IS THE QUALITY OF OUR MEDIA!

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Oh jeez...that bright flash of light and "BOOM" would be enough. And radios, satellites, cell phones too...would be knocked out so you wouldnt be able to get radio...call grandma...or your home, no Twiiter, Facebook etc.

My advice to you would be that if all that starts and you get no signal or tv or radio or satellite....thats how. Your already good as dead .

Its foolish to think anybody in any media would even try to inform us. At that time...it will already be ltoo ate and you wont get nothing.

I thought everyone realized that. No?
edit on 06-10-2010 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by WarJohn
How would the news handle world war 3 from the war's initiation?

Like how would we be informed that the U.S. is going to strike?

I'd like to know how the news media would be informative of a very serious world situation. How would they be on top of it?

Would the U.S. first inform its public through the news media that it is going to strike an enemy country?

WarJohn,

I don't think the media would outright refer to it as "World War 3" at least not in the beginning or directly. Most world wars started off with small spats here and there then it spread further and further to include a majority of the major powers and they weren't referred to as World Wars until after. Right now the US is involved in every Middle East affair going on right now whether they admit it or not. So is Russia. It's becoming clear that this has the potential to erupt into something much larger. If WW3 occurs anytime soon, what we are witnessing would be the start of it.

Edit: Oh yeah also the fact that ammunition depots are randomly starting to explode in both U.S. and Russia and other countries leads me to believe that the governments are keeping things very hush hush right now as they don't want everyone to panic. We won't know if the U.S. is planning a large strike until it's done and over with and they are reporting the aftermath of it.

If you're worried about Nucle@r stuff, I don't think they are dumb enough to resort to that right off the starting line. That won't be an issue until later when it's quite apparent that a Great War is underway and one side has overwhelming victory. It would be a last resort to quell the oncoming invasion.
edit on 19-10-2012 by HellstormRising because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by WarJohn

When was WWI or WWII actually called a "world war" for the first time? Honestly, I don't know the answer, I've always been curious. At what point did they realize this was a pretty big deal going down?

With the world in the current state of affairs, and with the quasi-super powers already meddling in every conflict around the world, then what is a World War, and what isn't? Was Vietnam the US vs. China? Afghanistan the US v. Russia? What would make the Middle East a World War instead of a regional conflict? I don't know the answers, I think history would have to decide.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by darkhorserider

World War I - first referred to as "First World War" by Ernst Haeckel in september of 1914 but wasn't regularly referred to as such by everyday people until the interwar (between WWI and WWII).

World War II - I haven't ever really found a viable source for when this one started being called World War II however I believe it was 1945. There was also disagreements as to when it actually ended. The Armistice was signed in 1945 but some believe the treaty wasn't executed until 1951.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by HellstormRising

So, we'll know about WWIII about the time it is winding down, or maybe a couple years after it is over, LOL! That's what I expected, but I wasn't sure about it.

Thank you for looking it up!

new topics

top topics

join