It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How superfical do we want the world to become?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Just how superficial should we let the world become?

Have you noticed a degrading in the social behaviours around the globe lately? People with less patience, less tolerance and unable to ponder anything of greater depth than what they see in watching a movie show, sports or the late night news.

What is the causual variables of superficality patterns in human beings? Are the causal variables

- morality and ethics?
- human instincts?
-genetics?
- Environment

And which is the greatest causal factor at play?

Take environment for example.

If two people grow up in the same house and one turns out with a criminal intent nature, and the other a pillar of the community then doesnt that eliminate the the social environment as the cause?

Is there anyway to effectively treat its growth and expansion of the superificality contagion with development of some kind of antidote?

If this virsus of superificality spreads then what is to eventually become of the world?

What can we do to ensure the path ahead leads us all to an enlightened outcome and not a world cast into a supercifical nightmare?

If what if we dont succeed with a antidote, then what can we expect to see happen in the world over this century and beyond?

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

Unfortunately, the path (if found) will not lead us all; only some. You cannot and will not save us all.

The question; what can be done to insure the ones who are willing to follow the path to enlightenment are able and not arrested by the Neanderthals blocking the gate?

But as to the virus plaguing the mind of mankind, I feel you are nursing at the same teat as those you implicate as the cause of the problem. Your response to the milk is merely an assumption that these atrocities are on the rise. The population is growing. The percentage of debauchery stays relatively the same. The cameras are there to film it and you are there to watch. Turn off your T.V. and be selective about what threads you read here and you’ll be surprised at how quickly your views of the world will change. If you already practice these ideas and you still feel this way, then I am at a loss.

The world isn’t getting worse. It’s just not got any better and mostly, I feel, because we all assume it’s getting worse. Self-fulfilling prophesy and all that....

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by AthlonSavage
If two people grow up in the same house and one turns out with a criminal intent nature, and the other a pillar of the community then doesnt that eliminate the the social environment as the cause?

I wouldn't say. Environment is much more complex than that. Just one little event in the environment at the right time can totally transform the personality...
edit on 19-10-2012 by TheJourney because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Certain people are doing the utmost to make human life focus superficial, why? because it sells! Phhh how superficial. Evolutions goes in all directions, some evolutions are devolution's.God doesn't mind its our affair, our choice. What can be done, work on your own view.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   

It's all part of the agenda. What I call the "vanity agenda" - everything revolves around establishing, maintaining, and maneuvering the community's addiction to external (physical) stimuli. The theory goes that we seek perfection as an escape from the perpetual state of fear we find ourselves in. And since we are most aware of physical stimulation, that is where we focus our efforts to achieve perfection. Unfortunately, that is also where vanity is found. But where does this fear come from, this fear that motivates us to find perfection in the most foolish of places? I'm sure you're all familiar with the "false flag" events engineered to instill panic in the hearts of the people...because we all know that we are easiest to manipulate in the wake of horror and terror.

Fear in itself is a false flag event. We have nothing to fear except the dangers we pose to ourselves...and ironically, those are the very dangers we cling to despite their detriments. For more information, see the thread linked in my signature. Believe me, it is very relevant, and I don't feel like reiterating something I have already elaborated on in a thread of my own - not to mention my numerous other posts in related topics. I really do grow weary of repeating myself.
edit on 19-10-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   

There is nothing you can do to ensure anything for the entire world. If more people agree with an idea (and opinions change all the time), then eventually it may become the thing you do not want it to become.

All you can do is "ensure" what you want for your own life, and even sometimes you can't even do that as unseen circumstances may arise and create irreversible situations (such as losing an arm or something).

People learn, people write books down, and sometimes libraries and books are destroyed or misinformation is released to distract.

The world will be as it is.

Try to preserve anything and you'll waste your time, everything in this world is temporary, and I DO mean everything. Moths eat the money - or money tears apart, the house gets destroyed or it gets old and fall apart, the children are born and they age and die (just like the rest of us).

The key to freedom is to release that everything is temporary , and even though Earth has been here so long, even it is temporary (either the sun will lost energy and Earth will die or a black hole will absorb it - one or the other MUST happen at some point in the far future ).

Always keep in mind that all things are temporary, including emotions (as they always change or die).

Even a mother's love for a child change, does she not let her love turn to anger, at some points? Or even to grief if something unfortunate happens?

ALL things change and ALL things are temporary - including memories - those can get erased or remembered incorrectly overtime too.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

The world will be as it is.

Yes this is it. I have no intention of changing the world if any change occurs it will be myself, and possibly anyone else who happens to be within my field of change. When I wrote this thread i did it as my "Other" observing my previous "Self" so to study how ideas about the world being received from the body external are injected into myself. A bit of experiment on myself to understand what psycology of external forces are acting in my field of experience; to allow an understanding of the relationship of these variable forces; and which alter that experience of the now to seek the past or the future. My awarness is shifiting closer to the Now and when i land my conscious plane on the tarmac i want it to be a three point landing.

Another way of describing is im emptying my body of emotions. No emotions means that emotions cant change. What will be remaining will be my body vessel which will be perfect reflector and absorber of the Suns wind, and its wind of which is not targeted at me as a indivdiual but only the whole of which i will be seemlessly attached with.

edit on 19-10-2012 by AthlonSavage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   
I think that it's all about The Foundations Of The Contemporaneous Thoughts.
It is not flexible enough to keep our society working in a healthy manner.
We just forgot what life is all about. We gave to a few the power to put a price tag in everything and everyone. So it is not so surprising that that we are loosing the connection to each other.
While we, the commons, keep blaming each other for our every day's struggles and failures to adapt to a system that has no place for the most of us, the all seeing architects of the mess keep plundering and fooling the masses behind layers and layers of disinformation and compartmentalized knowledge.
Well... I'm not in the mood to write too much now, but if you guys have some 10 mins left, I'd recommend to check the words of this great Indian woman talking about the mono-culture of the mind and the long process to Reclaim our Common Humanity.

Have fun and think about it...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...
S+F
edit on 19-10-2012 by sidLives because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-10-2012 by sidLives because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by sidLives

The chaplin speech...
hes says at one point that............ our knowledge has made us cynical and our cleverness harsh and unkind.........

yeh its true.

new topics

top topics

join